Post-Game Talk: Jets can't solve Foster [Lose to Chicago 6-2]

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
That is not the perception you give off. It sounds like I want to throw older guys under the bus for young guys and you defend them saying look at their record no matter what they do or don't do look at their track history from the past, past years. I say that's where you give young guys a chance. You give Roslo Tanev's job that's not putting him in a position to show off his offensive side like you do if you put him top 9.
You don't judge 9 year vets with Perreault's track record after 18 games. You certainly don't bench them, especially when they are for all intents and purposes playing well but not showing up on the score sheet. Unless you want to lose your job of course.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Lol. The last line applies to all you nerds on here BTW.
Because making one of your top 9 forwards a healthy scratch has always been proven to immediately 'wake the guy up' and improve their productivity...

Oh wait...it hasn't proven to do that at all. It usually does jack shit, that's why it happens rarely. Coaches don't often bench guys like Perrault for slumping. Most often it happens for some sort of off-ice issue/a team rules violation. They don't scratch proven players just because they are slumping. Otherwise hundreds of players would be rotating in and out of the press box every season.

The Jets are heading to the playoffs this year with (at least) 104 pts this season and Perreault had helped contribute to that number.

He's slumping. He's a pro so he knows it. A pro coach helps lift him out of it.

But hey that's why some people are professional hockey coaches and others 420 all day yo

Reactions: Jack722 and Ducky10

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If they had a backup. After this season Hutch is gone and Mason the million dollar back up is too pricey.

Yes --he's to pricey, and also not very durable --so you can't count on him. He's had 2 knee operations, and concussion problems. Are you going to rely on this guy to be your backup if you need him ??? I don't feel to confident at all !!!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You don't judge 9 year vets with Perreault's track record after 18 games. You certainly don't bench them, especially when they are for all intents and purposes playing well but not showing up on the score sheet. Unless you want to lose your job of course.
Someone said 27 games. You don't want to make room for new guys except in fringe spots like Tanev's, admit it. So you rest them and hope whatever is ailing them is better of you do what you suggested and switch ehlers and Perrault to put him in a place to succeed. You don't keep doing the exact same thing and hope for different results.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Yes --he's to pricey, and also not very durable --so you can't count on him. He's had 2 knee operations, and concussion problems. Are you going to rely on this guy to be your backup if you need him ??? I don't feel to confident at all !!!
Don't know anything bout goaltending except obvious so maybe he has a bounce back season like helly did? Of like little and Perrault have to have?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Someone said 27 games. You don't want to make room for new guys except in fringe spots like Tanev's, admit it. So you rest them and hope whatever is ailing them is better of you do what you suggested and switch ehlers and Perrault to put him in a place to succeed.
Admit what, that I don't think Roslo should replace Perreault? Good heavens man, it's all I've said. I've also said resting Perreault is a far different thing than benching him to send him a message for not scoring, which was your initial assertion. I don't think Perreault needs resting, he looks fine to me, just needs to get off the schneid, like Little did.

If switching Ehlers and Perreault for a game or two buys him a different look to get going, then why not? The Jets have that luxury right now, I said nothing of it being permanent.

Prepare yourself for how much your going to see 18 and 85 in the playoffs btw, it's going to be a lot.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Admit what, that I don't think Roslo should replace Perreault? Good heavens man, it's all I've said. I've also said resting Perreault is a far different thing than benching him to send him a message for not scoring, which was your initial assertion. I don't think Perreault needs resting, he looks fine to me, just needs to get off the schneid, like Little did.

If switching Ehlers and Perreault for a game or two buys him a different look to get going, then why not? The Jets have that luxury right now, I said nothing of it being permanent.

Prepare yourself for how much your going to see 18 and 85 in the playoffs btw, it's going to be a lot.
And they won't win the cup. I've come to terms with it.
Yep you love the vets and hate the kids. You probably want Perrault over Connor farmboy. You also know we will see Hendricks over Tanev or Copp because you and him think alike.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is absurd, just stop. You're way too polarizing dude, try a bit of balance.

Good night.
I've balanced that Perrault belongs as 4th line Jesus. Not top 6. That veterans get some respect but 27 games without a goal is too much. There's a reason Perrault wasn't drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Reactions: GNP

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perreault has lost his zip. I think they should rest him for a few games and give Roslovic a few games to keep him sharp. The Jets need Little's line to be better in the playoffs.

Ehlers has also slumped, and has lost some zip. Give him a bit of rest, too.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Just imagine this pgt with the butt kicking the Jets got and not going to the playoffs, it happened some guys need a break and after this trip the last 2 home games will probably see some sit.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Perreault has lost his zip. I think they should rest him for a few games and give Roslovic a few games to keep him sharp. The Jets need Little's line to be better in the playoffs.

Ehlers has also slumped, and has lost some zip. Give him a bit of rest, too.

Roslovic is a better player than Perrault, and should be in the lineup-"right now". He's better than Copp as well. Roslovic is fast, a good playmaker and can score.

I think it's been 27 games, and no goals from Perrault--time to give him a rest, and let's see what Roslo can do. I think he's very "underrated" on these boards, and by the Jet's coaching staff.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to rest Perrault -- but Ehlers is young, and doesn't need a rest --he just needs to get his ass in gear.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
We just won 6 games and we're 4th overall. Best collection of talent arguably in Jets NHL history. This is an awesome team. Players will go through dry spells, but I know Little, Perreault, Laine, Ehlers and whoever else is in the forum's sh** house can also break a game open. 76 games into the season, we should know this team pretty well by now.

We laid an egg tonight, but that doesn't erase what we've been up to now. I'm confident that when the chips are down, we'll see a different team than we did tonight.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Was looking forward to spending my Good Friday watching my first game in a while, then ended up seeing my grandmother for lunch instead. Can't say I regret missing it.

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
Comrie's performance tonight was like the rest of the team, underwhelming. I can't be too mad with the effort if its just a one off because we just won games against Boston and Nashville. So, not too upset just hope they pick up the pace next game.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
You want to know the bright side?

If this were the old management, next year we'd blow our first round pick on the best goalie from Rancho Cucamonga State :P

It was one game. Six in a row we win. We laid an egg. Games cannot be won with certainty through sheer force of will alone. Shit happens. And BOY OH BOY did it happen tonight.

Let's celebrate the Scott Foster story, it's one of those things that'll make an otherwise forgettable game utterly memorable. We'll keep resting up guys, and in two weeks we'll hit the ground running in the playoffs, almost near certainly as the #2 seed against either St. Louis or Minnesota. Then this game will be a distant (bad) memory.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
FWIW at the NHL level a breakaway is still an underdog to go in. League average around 35%. 0-for-3 on three breakaways is abysmal. First Comrie goal was a stinker. Third was a stinker. Sixth was a stinker.

letting 3 break aways is no excuse
comrie isn't an nhl goalie. he's an ahler. there was a reason why the jets signed mason so stop acting like comrie is supposed be there because he really isn't so who cares

it's the forwards and defenses job to not let those break always happen

if you let 3 happen you're playing bad hockey

I guess it's comries job to score more than 2 goals too?

comrie ain't gonna be in the playoffs this year so I really don't see any point in concentrating on the goalies issues for a lack of an effort by the players that will be in the playoffs

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
He wasnt good but nobody was. The fact ppl are sitting here ****ting on the goalie when the whole team sucked ass... Yeah boy. You can tell some of you have never played a sport in your life.

Its not about 1 guy.

it really makes no sense concentrating on a goalie that won't even be playing in the playoffs

blaming it on the goalie isn't gonna change the jets only scored 2 goals unless it's the goalies job to score too now

if that was helley playing or even mason then it would be a problem
but it wasn't. it's an ahl getting some playing time.

it's actually white frustrating reading other people trying to play coach and blaming it on an ahl goalie for the lack of effort by the team

you wanna prove your a Stanley cup team. well then score more than 2 goals against one of centrals worst teams

Baywulf

Feb 23, 2017
This was an off day game after the Bruins/Preds and before the Maple Leafs. So painful and frustrating to watch after six good games.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Time for a healthy scratch in TO Saturday night. I believe it is 18 games without a point.
It might do him some good. He got an assist in the last game against Nashville, but hasn't scored a goal since feb 18. Another player that has been MIA for a chunk of games now is Stastny. He's been totally invisible, and not in the good way doing the little things. He just hasn't done much anything lately.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
it really makes no sense concentrating on a goalie that won't even be playing in the playoffs

blaming it on the goalie isn't gonna change the jets only scored 2 goals unless it's the goalies job to score too now

if that was helley playing or even mason then it would be a problem
but it wasn't. it's an ahl getting some playing time.

Eric Comrie 2017-18 stats:

Games: 3 Record: 2-1-0 GAA: 4.00 Saving %: 0.872

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad