Post-Game Talk: Jets can't solve Foster [Lose to Chicago 6-2]

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
With all the winning by the Jets this season i think i might have forgotten how to deal with a loss like last night . :laugh:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I did t watch the third period but it looked like there were some very excited rookies on Chicago intent on showing their worth.

Combine that with an off night of sorts and an inexperienced goaltender and this is what you get.

Onward.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sure, if we ignore the fact that he's accumulated 278 pts in 490 games, which could be considered borderline first line numbers. And has 40+ pts every season as a Jet and will still probably hit that mark this year even with his slump.

Benching him ain't gonna do **** to improve his game. Good thing you ain't the coach.
Perreault has looked a bit tired to me, lacking his usual "burst". That's why I think he might need a bit of rest to recharge. They need him at top form for the playoffs.

Reactions: blues10

None

Feb 22, 2012
Goals against gifs for anyone that wants to over-analyze the scoring plays, slow-mo on the clips that best show Comrie's movement

1st, Kane Posting as URLs to avoid cluttering the page
2nd, Saad
3rd, Jurco
4th, Jurco
5th, Gustafsson
6th, Debrincat

My thoughts: Buff and Myers were the best of the worst for the defense, and Armia, Perreault, Stastny, and Ehlers all seemed to be a step behind. Morrissey and Morrow look particularly bad in the clips.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
could you fill me in on that reference?

This season the Penguins have had the following "stinker" games (losing by 4 or more)

They are 2 time defending Stanley Cup champions. Have a bad game(s) obviously doesn't mean anything in regards to being the best in the world.

Oct 5 Chi 10 Pens 1
Oct 21 Tbl 7 Pens 1
Oct 29 Wpg 7 Pens 1
Dec 1 Buf 4 Pens 0
Dec 23 Ana 4 Pens 0
Jan 4 Car 4 Pens 0
Mar 1 Bos 8 Pens 4

Reactions: Jets2point0

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If they play more than one poor game in a row like that I might get a bit concerned heading into the playoffs.

Their focus was not there last night at all. Helle may have bailed them out a bit to keep the score 4-2, say, but that game got away from them quickly.

Comrie looked small in the net and not square to the shooter at times. He has some work to do to be an everyday NHL goaltender.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
in the end, we lost to a team that's not making the playoffs, to a goalie that wore #60 and to someone who never played a second of hockey at any professional level.

you have to think that a loss like this burns like the morning after eating a spicy burrito.

6 game win streaks have to come to an end.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I just shut it off after about 10-15 mins, I could tell it was one of those games. Not worth watching

Reactions: BrokerD

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
If they play more than one poor game in a row like that I might get a bit concerned heading into the playoffs.

Their focus was not there last night at all. Helle may have bailed them out a bit to keep the score 4-2, say, but that game got away from them quickly.

Comrie looked small in the net and not square to the shooter at times. He has some work to do to be an everyday NHL goaltender.

Agreed, Comrie looks reallllly small - not really a leaky goalie but seems to give up angles

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is Chicago our Kryptonite? We've had two of our worst (look slow) performances of the year vs that team.

We're we slow?
Or did they make us look slow?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Mo's game plan for last night has been leaked. Looks to me like it was executed to perfection. :sarcasm:

c3bac9390f54ba19839f02fae62e00a1--licence-plates-canada-trip.jpg

This is not a performance we should be seeing in a supposed contender gearing up for the playoffs. Can anyone recall the last time Nashville had a stinker like this? Some have said this is just an off night after a 6 game winning streak, but the last 4 of those games could easily have been losses, especially Nashville and Boston who suffered from backupitis. Sure, we have some injuries. Fact is, when don't we? The phrase "we'll be fine in the playoffs when everyone is healthy" is just wishful thinking, if you ask me. I think this team might be cursed in that regard. It's the brain cramps that worry me most. Risky pinches, giveaways, idiotic penalties. We've gotten away with a lot this year, primarily thanks to good goaltending and good luck. And too many forwards have been cold for a while or are cooling off now. Playoff pressure already creating some stick gripping? Good God, when you can't even get one past a 36 year old beer leaguer, what does that say about your game right now? This is not a team inspiring confidence in me. I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about how we'll match up with Nashville in the second round. I think we'll be out in 6. You can file that away in the playoff predictions thread.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
We looked off . I dont wanna say they were out late the night b4 but sure looked like it to me. Just looked like they weren't in it mentally cuz most the mistakes they made were all mental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad