Post-Game Talk: Jets can't solve Foster [Lose to Chicago 6-2]

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just awful game all around , Comrie was a deer in the headlights all night , brutal . The Jets were playing as individuals , not as a team . I don't care if the Jets had first overall locked up , playing like they did is very , very disappointing . They all get paid unbelievable money to do their job , not giving 110% at anytime is not acceptable . Man would i have been yelling at the team if i was Maurice after this so called game . If the Jets were out of the playoffs and they played like this i'd be pissed . Mason get back right now man , we still need you . As Bill Belichick always says to his players , just do your job . I hate Belichick and the Patriots but you can't deny how successful the guy is .

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
A game like that was pretty much expected. Just about all the top teams have dropped a stinker or 2 down the stretch after securing their ticket to the post season. Maybe if Helly was in and stood on his head early the guys shake out of the post clinch free skate and get their heads in the game. But such wasn't the case. Not blaming Comrie, but he does need to demonstrate a lot more if he expects the Jets or any organization to invest more resources in him post ELC.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Some other poster mentioned in the GDT that this could bode well for Saturday’s match against the Leafs and I agree.
I am expecting a hard fought disciplined game by both sides.
It should be a good one.
The team flat out didn’t show up and Comrie didn’t make a solid case for himself either.
I’d say give him one more maybe even the last one against Chicago

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Some other poster mentioned in the GDT that this could bode well for Saturday’s match against the Leafs and I agree.
I am expecting a hard fought disciplined game by both sides.
It should be a good one.
The team flat out didn’t show up and Comrie didn’t make a solid case for himself either.
I’d say give him one more maybe even the last one against Chicago

Well said. :clap:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I honestly can’t manafacture an ounce of angst. The Foster moment was so bloody epic I still have a smile on my face.

Bad games happen to the best teams turn the page and bring in on Saturday night.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I honestly can’t manafacture an ounce of angst. The Foster moment was so bloody epic I still have a smile on my face.

Bad games happen to the best teams turn the page and bring in on Saturday night.
We just came off a 6 for 6 home stand where we went extra time against some of the leagues tougher defensive opponents.
This effort didn’t surprise me nor tick me off.
I hope the team and especially Comrie can shake this off.
I’m not sold on Comrie but I’m really awesome at being wrong so there that.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A game like that was pretty much expected. Just about all the top teams have dropped a stinker or 2 down the stretch after securing their ticket to the post season. Maybe if Helly was in and stood on his head early the guys shake out of the post clinch free skate and get their heads in the game. But such wasn't the case. Not blaming Comrie, but he does need to demonstrate a lot more if he expects the Jets or any organization to invest more resources in him post ELC.
I agree with some of your post but i'm sorry i never expect the Jets to play like they did . I know they are not going to win every game but i don't like the way they played . Again they get millons to play a game , at least look like your are trying and giving it 110% . Comrie has alot of work to do that's foresure .

Reactions: Scheifelaine

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This is absurd, just stop. You're way too polarizing dude, try a bit of balance.

Good night.

There are functions on this site that allow you to streamline your content. I am not joking I think I would have dropped out this year but I embraced the fact that some filtering really enhanced my personal experience.

Variety of opinion is essential......every opinion is not necessary IMO.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We just came off a 6 for 6 home stand where we went extra time against some of the leagues tougher defensive opponents.
This effort didn’t surprise me nor tick me off.
I hope the team and especially Comrie can shake this off.
I’m not sold on Comrie but I’m really awesome at being wrong so there that.

It was a good old fashioned howler but and we were long overdue. I am 100% confident it was nothing more or nothing less.

Onward towards the playoffs with a smile on my face.

Reactions: Duke749

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
It was a good old fashioned howler but and we were long overdue. I am 100% confident it was nothing more or nothing less.

Onward towards the playoffs with a smile on my face.
Yes sir agree.
Ever have an intense work week where you not only meet but exceed your goals?
The weekend comes and instead of getting out and celebrating you kind of feel like a balloon with a slow leak?
I think the Jets played at such a high intensity lately that this was the case last night as well.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yes sir agree.
Ever have an intense work week where you not only meet but exceed your goals?
The weekend comes and instead of getting out and celebrating you kind of feel like a balloon with a slow leak?
I think the Jets played at such a high intensity lately that this was the case last night as well.

Yea it was one of those nights.

Reactions: Duke749

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

I agree. It was a pretty awesome little piece of hockey history.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The jets suck for getting bodied like that

if you want to prove you're the best in the world you don't let games like that happen

Lol oh relax. This crap happens every year. We ended the season with 7 wins in garbage time last year. Teams that are done love the chance to get some spoiler points. We’ll be fine...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Lol oh relax. This crap happens every year. We ended the season with 7 wins in garbage time last year. Teams that are done love the chance to get some spoiler points. We’ll be fine...
Ya.
And that winning Attitude did seem to carry forward a bit this year, winning and confidence was important to us even in garbage time as we needed to get used to winning. I think that's when a small shift started and carried over into this year. I bet most don't think so but I do.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad