Post-Game Talk: Jets can't solve Foster [Lose to Chicago 6-2]

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
3 losses in 4 games to the division last place Hawks! Just don't see the Preds having these letdowns like the Jets have had!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Can anyone recall the last time Nashville had a stinker like this?

Mar 22nd: TOR 5, NSH 2
Mar 24th: MIN 4, NSH 1

Two stinkers in a row, just last week! ;)

Jet's beat some pretty tough teams during that 6 game win streak, and one off game != the end of the world. As they usually do, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out swinging against the Leafs, and put in a good showing.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Was looking forward to spending my Good Friday watching my first game in a while, then ended up seeing my grandmother for lunch instead. Can't say I regret missing it.

If she spilled a Fosters on you, you pretty much had the same game experience we had.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Mar 22nd: TOR 5, NSH 2
Mar 24th: MIN 4, NSH 1

Two stinkers in a row, just last week! ;)

Jet's beat some pretty tough teams during that 6 game win streak, and one off game != the end of the world. As they usually do, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out swinging against the Leafs, and put in a good showing.

OK, I'll give you Toronto. I don't call the Minny game a stinker. And both of those are good playoff bound teams, not a stinking bottom feeder like the Hawks. As someone else pointed out, that was start of season bad.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I just shut it off after about 10-15 mins, I could tell it was one of those games. Not worth watching

1. Nickels fumbled the puck while in all alone
2. Buff made a ridiculous pinch
3. Comrie let one in five hole

Luckily that was all I had to endure!

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Mo's game plan for last night has been leaked. Looks to me like it was executed to perfection. :sarcasm:

c3bac9390f54ba19839f02fae62e00a1--licence-plates-canada-trip.jpg

This is not a performance we should be seeing in a supposed contender gearing up for the playoffs. Can anyone recall the last time Nashville had a stinker like this? Some have said this is just an off night after a 6 game winning streak, but the last 4 of those games could easily have been losses, especially Nashville and Boston who suffered from backupitis. Sure, we have some injuries. Fact is, when don't we? The phrase "we'll be fine in the playoffs when everyone is healthy" is just wishful thinking, if you ask me. I think this team might be cursed in that regard. It's the brain cramps that worry me most. Risky pinches, giveaways, idiotic penalties. We've gotten away with a lot this year, primarily thanks to good goaltending and good luck. And too many forwards have been cold for a while or are cooling off now. Playoff pressure already creating some stick gripping? Good God, when you can't even get one past a 36 year old beer leaguer, what does that say about your game right now? This is not a team inspiring confidence in me. I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about how we'll match up with Nashville in the second round. I think we'll be out in 6. You can file that away in the playoff predictions thread.

Nashville just had a 3 game losing streak if you remember.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Nashville lost to Chicago last time they played them. ;)

Regarding NSH not experiencing let downs: see my other post above. The sky really is not falling. :laugh:

The Black Hawks are probably in the play offs if they were in the East!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That was their let-down game after clinching. Lets hope they got that out of their systems.

That **** should be a wake up call. They are not so good that they can win just by standing up for the anthems.

Now they have 5 games to get ready for the PO's - and they had better lock up 2nd place and 1st rd home advantage while they are at it.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I hope Ehlers can get the really bad turnovers out of his system now. The last couple (or more) games he's given some juicy pizza deliveries in all 3 zones to either kill Jets possession or pretty much give the other team a break away. All players turn over the puck a little bit here and there but he's had a couple of really risky ones recently that make you NERVOUS.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Good God, when you can't even get one past a 36 year old beer leaguer, what does that say about your game right now? This is not a team inspiring confidence in me. I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about how we'll match up with Nashville in the second round. I think we'll be out in 6. You can file that away in the playoff predictions thread.

I think you're going a little off the deep end n i. The Jets had just won 6 games in a row against some very tough opponents. Most of the time during those games the Jets were dominant. The team has won 47 games and has 104 points. Do you really think it was all smoke and mirrors? Sure they played poorly last night against Chicago but that is no reason to lose all hope as they prepare for the playoffs. More than anything it was probably an emotional let down after having played 6 successive high-tempo games at BellMTS Place with our boisterous crowd. I think the Jets will be just fine.

:jets

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Mo's game plan for last night has been leaked. Looks to me like it was executed to perfection. :sarcasm:

c3bac9390f54ba19839f02fae62e00a1--licence-plates-canada-trip.jpg

This is not a performance we should be seeing in a supposed contender gearing up for the playoffs. Can anyone recall the last time Nashville had a stinker like this? Some have said this is just an off night after a 6 game winning streak, but the last 4 of those games could easily have been losses, especially Nashville and Boston who suffered from backupitis. Sure, we have some injuries. Fact is, when don't we? The phrase "we'll be fine in the playoffs when everyone is healthy" is just wishful thinking, if you ask me. I think this team might be cursed in that regard. It's the brain cramps that worry me most. Risky pinches, giveaways, idiotic penalties. We've gotten away with a lot this year, primarily thanks to good goaltending and good luck. And too many forwards have been cold for a while or are cooling off now. Playoff pressure already creating some stick gripping? Good God, when you can't even get one past a 36 year old beer leaguer, what does that say about your game right now? This is not a team inspiring confidence in me. I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about how we'll match up with Nashville in the second round. I think we'll be out in 6. You can file that away in the playoff predictions thread.
I'm fine with the whole "pessimist" schtick, but the level of misrepresentation of the Jets performance this year is way overboard. By almost any metric they have been outstanding this season and deserving of their high standing. They aren't "lucky", they are genuinely good.

Reactions: Saidin

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I hope Ehlers can get the really bad turnovers out of his system now. The last couple (or more) games he's given some juicy pizza deliveries in all 3 zones to either kill Jets possession or pretty much give the other team a break away. All players turn over the puck a little bit here and there but he's had a couple of really risky ones recently that make you NERVOUS.
Does pizza deliveries spark any ideas for gdt? Jobs in the community or ehlers can be pizza and buff can be sushi and Lowry pancakes.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Does pizza deliveries spark any ideas for gdt? Jobs in the community or ehlers can be pizza and buff can be sushi and Lowry pancakes.

One of my initial GDT's was going to be Wpg pizza joints (specifically many that are not around anymore). I couldn't find images for many of the companies I wanted to feature so I dropped it from my list. Maybe someday. I have something a bit more Toronto centric planned for tonight.
Lots of work to do still so it likely won't be posted until the wee hours.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
One of my initial GDT's was going to be Wpg pizza joints (specifically many that are not around anymore). I couldn't find images for many of the companies I wanted to feature so I dropped it from my list. Maybe someday. I have something a bit more Toronto centric planned for tonight.
Lots of work to do still so it likely won't be posted until the wee hours.

TEase_zpsyiafpsna.GIF

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad