Jets @ Avalanche | Sun Oct 27 | 7PM | Pepsi Center | "Avalanche Alert"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's the thin air - does strange things to their brains.

Mmmm. Brains.

No worries. Noel prepared his team for the thin air in Denver by double-shifting all his key players less than 24 hours ago... :help:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I love O'Reilly and he's been wonderful on Duchene's wing, but I don't think you can really justify taking him over Dutchy the way Matt is playing, he's not Radar on D but he's also a really good defender and he's absolutely astounding on the puck, and is being strong and smart with it, unlike his first few years where he got knocked off the puck too easily and couldn't get his mind to keep up with his skates and hands.

PS hope you guys don't mind me posting here a little, I like reading opposing teams gdt's threads to get a feel for how teams feel we're doing when we play them.

as long as it isn't trash talk I don't mind opponent's fans posting in the GDT -some people do for whatever reason :dunno:

and yes I would most likely take Duchene over ROR once I disregarded aesthetics as he's the better player. I just like Radar more.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
as long as it isn't trash talk I don't mind opponent's fans posting in the GDT -some people do for whatever reason :dunno:

I posted in the Tampa Bay thread once, saying that I was cheering for them and I hope they won their game. I got crapped on from heights most lofty. I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. But yeah, by all means, as long as you're not trying to stir the pot, go on ahead and post in the Winnipeg board as far as I'm concerned. Always appreciate the insight from other fans.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You'll never get a true read though - for instance, as much as I like the forward core of the Avs, I'll never admit it in a GDT. :D

Waitaminute.

;)

Most GDT's are bravado and chest thumping - whether someone feels their team is truly going to win, or they're going to get blown out, I doubt they'll say so and be honest about it.

I'm very impressed with the Avs this year, and envious of the forward core. I'm a bit surprised at the record, given the defensive corp. and (what was up to this year) non-elite goaltending. Roy is definitely getting the most out of that line-up.

Should be a fun tilt tonight - g'luck!

Fair point, our fanbase has been so beaten down by the Sacco years that even in our GDT we're usually pretty cynical. But I think you can separate the pure chest thumping from genuine reactions, especially once the game starts. And yeah, I'm hoping it's a fun game, I like a lot of your players and while I hope you lose tonight, I'd have no qualms with y'all beating out Nashville, Dallas and Minny for 4th in the division come season's end.

Here's to no injuries and some good hockey!

If you're beating us you'll get a real kicker out of the GDT, that's for sure. :laugh:

It is nice to be reminded that we aren't the only fanbase that goes nuts on our own team in our GDT lol

WE MUST WIN NOW!

The Av's fans are a bunch of wrong-headed pie haters! Bring down the pie haters!

mmmmmm pie.

We have some weirdo's on our board *shrug* Team Pie>Cake

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Most GDT's are bravado and chest thumping - whether someone feels their team is truly going to win, or they're going to get blown out, I doubt they'll say so and be honest about it.

I'm pretty sure the Jets win every game with a 4-2 score. I have no idea what you're talking about :sarcasm:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'm pretty sure the Jets win every game with a 4-2 score. I have no idea what you're talking about :sarcasm:

We'll crush those pie haters 4-2! Regression! Putrid D and goalies playing over their heads! Who does this coach think he is? Patrick Roy?!

Am I doing this right? ;)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

and yes I would most likely take Duchene over ROR once I disregarded aesthetics as he's the better player. I just like Radar more.

Yeah that's why I try to add that disclaimer. The Oilers mods weren't very welcoming and blocked me from posting on their forum when I went in to congratulate them on the RNH extension and got into a discussion about the avs financial situation if they retain all of the forwards, so I figure may as well try and be as courteous as is reasonable.

And I get that, I'm the same way with Landeskog, easily my favorite player in the entire NHL by a wide margin, but Dutchy's just blowing me away with how much he's improved over the past two summers. He, PAP and Varly kept us from starting our tank last year until half way through the season, and he's taken his play yet another level higher this season.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
claude noel ******** on mark in the pregame...wow

Strange how people can read things in completely different ways. He was honest - I don't think he **** on him.

PS: if Scheifele can't handle those sorts of comments, then I've misread his character.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Personally I have liked Mark's play. He has been asked to be responsible defensively and has looked very strong. The offense will come. He has plenty of time to work things out.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Noel-300x168.jpg

Coach Noel - Postma news (in his leg). Anyone coming from St. John’s? How is he doing? Getting 3 of 4 points. Scheifele’s ice time. Young players (specifically Scheifele) having patience. Shorthanded play. Avalanche talk. Playing an up-tempo team.

To listen click here.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Strange how people can read things in completely different ways. He was honest - I don't think he **** on him.

PS: if Scheifele can't handle those sorts of comments, then I've misread his character.

I thought there was an edge to it, and this is coming from a monotone Noel. Specifically the part about how much time hes had to prepare, and his acclimation to the Jets system. Im paraphrasing...

Still I wonder where the support comes from with Noel. He did it with Burmi, and Kane his first (if im not mistaken) season there, and now he's doing it with Mark. There are better ways to go about saying things, and NO this is me not understanding a coach being hard on a player to get the best out of him.

I think Noel has an issue with delivery and how things are interpreted by the media and players--i dont think its unfair that i question him.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I thought there was an edge to it, and this is coming from a monotone Noel. Specifically the part about how much time hes had to prepare, and his acclimation to the Jets system. Im paraphrasing...

Still I wonder where the support comes from with Noel. He did it with Burmi, and Kane his first (if im not mistaken) season there, and now he's doing it with Mark. There are better ways to go about saying things, and NO this is me not understanding a coach being hard on a player to get the best out of him.

I think Noel has an issue with delivery and how things are interpreted by the media and players--i dont think its unfair that i question him.

You're within your rights to question him, as am I in my rights to present an opposing opinion.

If you listened to Mark's interview afterwards, he handled it like a pro. Some guys can stomach criticism and use it to improve their game, some can't.

Regarding Kane: that's turned out horribly, hasn't it? Always hard working, becoming defensively responsible (enough that he's one of the Jets best PK'ers), is maturing off ice, and becoming a leader on ice. Terrible. ;)

BTW: just havin' some fun - we're reading this differently, and I'm just trying to present my opinion. I respect your opinion, even if I'm goofin' around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad