Jets @ Avalanche | Sun Oct 27 | 7PM | Pepsi Center | "Avalanche Alert"

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the team will play stronger in front on Montoya, look for our best game of the year and for a few forwards to breakout.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I am not a believer in the Avs. The group upfront that they have is excellent. That blueline is putrid. Perhaps Varlamov has eclipsed peak-Hasek, but I'm willing to suggest that he isn't quite that good. It's too bad we're on the second half of a b2b, but I think we have a shot in this one. As long as we don't dig ourselves a 0-2 grave early in the first.

Before the season I would've agreed, but Guenin and Sarich have been huge surprises as stay at home shut down guys on the bottom two pairings, with Benoit being a good third pairing puck mover and the Hejda-EJ pairing playing great our defense has actually played pretty well with the help they get from the forwards, just need one more top 3 guy on the left side.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
man I love ROR, if I had to choose a player from the Avs (outside of MacKinnon) that I could have on the Jets it would be him

I also have a fetish for "2-way" players

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh now Ive done it, my last game on my pro line ticket is COL to win for $90. I guess tonight is a win win situation for me, sort of.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Eventually the Avs will fall back to earth. They have an unbelievable start but it is pretty unlikely they will go from bottom 5 to top 5 in one season. In all likelihood they will trend towards the middle of the pack by the end of the season. And since the Jets are a middle of the pack team, I see this as being a closer match-up then their records might suggest.

Winning back-to-back road games would be a huge boost for the boys. calling 3-1 Jets.

#fancystats say we agree with you

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm worried about tonight's game guys.... but also excited.

At least we may have a chance to see Montoya in net....

Regardless, ALL IN VBOOKIE!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I know you guys said save regression but, Avalanche are...

5v5:
Corsi% 27th
Fenwick% 27th
Shot% 24th

All minutes:
Corsi% 28th
Fenwick% 28th
Shot% 26th

However, when you look at 5v5 only when the score is close, which limits the sample size but also limits score effects of sitting on leads...
Corsi% 15th
Fenwick% 16th
Shot% 8th <- that jump definitely has to do with samples, unless they are just not letting their d-men shoot ever.

So, truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but closer to the score close than the non... not some elite team like their record, but not Leaf level regression either.

I'd probably say about equal to last year Jets but better goaltending.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
call me crazy but would take O'Reilly over him w/o much thought

I love O'Reilly and he's been wonderful on Duchene's wing, but I don't think you can really justify taking him over Dutchy the way Matt is playing, he's not Radar on D but he's also a really good defender and he's absolutely astounding on the puck, and is being strong and smart with it, unlike his first few years where he got knocked off the puck too easily and couldn't get his mind to keep up with his skates and hands.

PS hope you guys don't mind me posting here a little, I like reading opposing teams gdt's threads to get a feel for how teams feel we're doing when we play them.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
PS hope you guys don't mind me posting here a little, I like reading opposing teams gdt's threads to get a feel for how teams feel we're doing when we play them.

You'll never get a true read though - for instance, as much as I like the forward core of the Avs, I'll never admit it in a GDT. :D

Waitaminute.

;)

Most GDT's are bravado and chest thumping - whether someone feels their team is truly going to win, or they're going to get blown out, I doubt they'll say so and be honest about it.

I'm very impressed with the Avs this year, and envious of the forward core. I'm a bit surprised at the record, given the defensive corp. and (what was up to this year) non-elite goaltending. Roy is definitely getting the most out of that line-up.

Should be a fun tilt tonight - g'luck!

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I left a less friendly note...

Nd7sQ7h.gif

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I love O'Reilly and he's been wonderful on Duchene's wing, but I don't think you can really justify taking him over Dutchy the way Matt is playing, he's not Radar on D but he's also a really good defender and he's absolutely astounding on the puck, and is being strong and smart with it, unlike his first few years where he got knocked off the puck too easily and couldn't get his mind to keep up with his skates and hands.

If you're beating us you'll get a real kicker out of the GDT, that's for sure. :laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
WE MUST WIN NOW!

The Av's fans are a bunch of wrong-headed pie haters! Bring down the pie haters!

mmmmmm pie.

Seriously. I'm okay with losing to a team performing above their skill level, or even a division rival... But who the hell doesn't like pie?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I know you guys said save regression but, Avalanche are...

So, truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but closer to the score close than the non... not some elite team like their record, but not Leaf level regression either.

I'd probably say about equal to last year Jets but better goaltending.

One wonders how long they'll maintain a .958 SV% (1.40 GAA on >33 shots against per game)...

If their goalies were at the upper end of their career SV% their GAA would double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad