Speculation: Jets At The World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Don't be so sure - they have some young guys they may showcase.

I'm more interested to see if Hellebuyck makes the roster...

Would be shocked if Hellebuyck didn't get named to the U23 team. Other than maybe John Gibson, who is a better candidate than him?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
no Trouba? wow, that's shocking actually.

I'm actually ok with no Jets players being picked besides Helle and Pavs so far cuz i think this tournament is a joke.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I'm actually ok with no Jets players being picked besides Helle and Pavs so far cuz i think this tournament is a joke.

Wheeler & Buff are probably on USA

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Just think of it as being a primer before training camp. The players in the tournament can get a jump start.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Haha I don't want to see the Trouba v Rielly thread on the main board now.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Chevy is probably happy that it doesn't give the Trouba camp an additional negotiation point for the RFA contract, esp since Matta and Murray made their national teams, it gives Chevy some leverage

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If they didn't do the U23 team, I probably wouldn't watch. With that team there, I'm intrigued - I really want to see what some of the young guns in the US and Canada can do against the older players. Is it gimmicky? For sure.

Odd thing about it for me is that the U23 team is the only interesting aspect the way they have done it but I would take the whole thing more seriously if it were a true international competition with the top 6 countries fighting it out for national pride.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Couturier made it but no Scheifele? You're right. Its a joke. Now I just lost interest in the U23 team as well. remote - click

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Without Scheif or Trouba there any interest I'd have would be diminished. Glad Helly, Wheeler and Buff are there though.

I am reserving my concerns for if and when our guys aren't on the final roster. There are still slots so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00