Recalled/Assigned: Jets assign Machacek, Macenauer and Meech to STJ

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
The message is:

Be Better at Hockey!

Agree. If Spencer truly is an NHL player, he will be back. Either here or with another org.

Count me in the not overly impressed camp - but my opinion is also worth about as much as...nothing

jetkarma*

BTW, they cannot be re-assigned to St. John's until they clear waivers, and all 3 are waiver eligible.

I REALLY hope somebody claims Machacek, he is going to be a solid 3rd line player, but clearly we are too stupid to give him that chance, hope he goes elsewhere he has more than earned that...terrible.

How smart was Spencer for not putting in a true effort this year in the A? Multiple reports of this including his coach. IMO he never was more than a possibility , a fringe player and it looks like he hasn't answered the bell in the way that was needed . Character is important for all players , maybe even more so for bottom roster ones.

I trust the organization did not feel he was the answer , at least right now , this is a building process and this is what is being done imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I recall hearing Machacek could simply be sent down to the SJIC on his contract.

Don't want to lose him, someone will pick him up for sure.

Mahacek has to clear waivers. Waiver clearance has nothing to do with contract type, its simply a matter of how many years since they signed their first contract or number of games played. There are certain thresholds that once reached a player much clear waivers.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
"I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend" - Jumper by Third Eye Blind.

First off congrats to Redmond.He has been our best player this year and well deserved.

Mach like others have mentioned has been really inconsistant and looks at times as if he seems disintrested.

It's possible he could be back soon depending on how Wright and Peluso do.No offence to guys here but I'll trust the GM.

Praying we don't lose Meech but I think he will be claimed.

jetkarma*

Did you watch St. John's? Every game I watched he was pretty much the best player on the ice. St. John's as a team sucked, but it was FAR from Machacek's fault.

Were you in the dressing room as Machacek was saying around about how much better he was than everybody, how he doesn't need to try? No, you weren't. You are grasping at straws that you think make sense. Only thing here that makes sense is that Jets management has ****ed up. And I hope Machacek moves on so he doesn't have to deal with us screwing him over for the 5th time...

Keith McCambridge was , and publicly mentioned that Machacek had issues and didn't arrive with the best attitude. When your coach publicly states you haven't played well and the attitude and effort were not what was needed or expected is telling imo. But hey what does the coach know?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Meech and Machacek surprised me. I thought Meech would be seen as the steadier veteran presence and kept up because of that.

I was sure Redmond would get sent down as he's not waiver eligible, but the fact he wasn't showed me something: the team does care about performance. Redmond has had a decent year, had a good year last year and from all reports was impressive in camp.

Nice to see they didn't just keep someone up because they're waiver eligible.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
"I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend" - Jumper by Third Eye Blind.

First off congrats to Redmond.He has been our best player this year and well deserved.

Mach like others have mentioned has been really inconsistant and looks at times as if he seems disintrested.

It's possible he could be back soon depending on how Wright and Peluso do.No offence to guys here but I'll trust the GM.

Praying we don't lose Meech but I think he will be claimed.

Really weird. Guess they are congratulating Redmond for hard work and think he's ready...

IMO I thought they were going to let Redmond lead the D-core at St. John's but guess I'm wrong there...

See HFBoards!! I was wrong and admitted to it :P

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Really weird. Guess they are congratulating Redmond for hard work and think he's ready...

IMO I thought they were going to let Redmond lead the D-core at St. John's but guess I'm wrong there...

See HFBoards!! I was wrong and admitted to it :P

The no waiver thing may still leave him the odd man out when Bogo returns.

Jetswinthecup

Jan 14, 2013
Trends

With the three Ms being sent down the Jets continue their trend of becoming bigger and heavier. Chevy and Noel didn't like being pushed around at times last year. If you look at who they have signed - all big! If you look at who they have drafted - mostly big, all North American.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
@RickRalphTSN: #nhljets would have had Machacek and Meech clear waivers before sending down.

Odd, you would have thought we would have heard about it.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Did you watch St. John's? Every game I watched he was pretty much the best player on the ice. St. John's as a team sucked, but it was FAR from Machacek's fault.

Were you in the dressing room as Machacek was saying around about how much better he was than everybody, how he doesn't need to try? No, you weren't. You are grasping at straws that you think make sense. Only thing here that makes sense is that Jets management has ****ed up. And I hope Machacek moves on so he doesn't have to deal with us screwing him over for the 5th time...
Its kinda funny how your blasting him for making assumptions then do the same thing yourself.

Were you at training camp? Do you know for sure it was the jets ****ing up? Have you considered maybe he simply wasn't good enough to earn his spot?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The proof is in the pudding. No one wanted him.

Macho is running out of chances. He may have made a gigantic mistake but he will most likely get one more chance before he gets 'career minor leaguer' stencilled on his forehead.

He better go down with a gigantic bee in his bonnet.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
The proof is in the pudding. No one wanted him.

Macho is running out of chances. He may have made a gigantic mistake but he will most likely get one more chance before he gets 'career minor leaguer' stencilled on his forehead.

He better go down with a gigantic bee in his bonnet.

I agree!

Pudding > Machacek

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
So I guess Machacek isnt good enough for the 29 other teams to pick him up

interesting.......

To follow logic from a previous post, 30 GM's have clearly **** the bed.

:sarcasm:

Also, doesn't this make sense...

we KNOW the other two will get snagged if we try sending them to the ahl (Paluso and wright would be picked by their original teams.)

now that these three have cleared waivers, they can be brought up freely (no more reentry waivers).

this is better then dumping the other two, trying mac 'n mach out, deciding they suck, and waiving them and having nothing to show for it.

we now have 4 possible players (peluso, wright, machacek, macenaur) instead of 2 (machcek, macenaur).

I loved stomachache, but i don't know as much abut hockey, nor these players as chevy and noel. i'll differ to their judgment.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

we KNOW the other two will get snagged if we try sending them to the ahl (Paluso and wright would be picked by their original teams.)

now that these three have cleared waivers, they can be brought up freely (no more reentry waivers).

this is better then dumping the other two, trying mac 'n mach out, deciding they suck, and waiving them and having nothing to show for it.

we now have 4 possible players (peluso, wright, machacek, macenaur) instead of 2 (machcek, macenaur).

I loved stomachache, but i don't know as much abut hockey, nor these players as chevy and noel. i'll differ to their judgment.

I believe that it's Holden that's differing to their judgement, or did you mean defer? :P

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

very nice post.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Its kinda funny how your blasting him for making assumptions then do the same thing yourself.

Were you at training camp? Do you know for sure it was the jets ****ing up? Have you considered maybe he simply wasn't good enough to earn his spot?

Pretty much Flying High.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad