Recalled/Assigned: Jets assign Machacek, Macenauer and Meech to STJ

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Scott Brown ‏@BrownScottTN
Jets re-assign Maxime Macenauer, Spencer Machacek and Derek Meech to St. John's IceCaps

Looks like Redmond, Peluso and Wright are staying up.

Redmond also retweeted this from his agent:

Scott Norton ‏@NortonSports
Congrats to long time #NSM client + #FerrisState alum @ZachRedmond24 on making opening night #Jets roster! #ProudAgent #NSMFamily
Retweeted by Zach Redmond

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
BTW, they cannot be re-assigned to St. John's until they clear waivers, and all 3 are waiver eligible.

I REALLY hope somebody claims Machacek, he is going to be a solid 3rd line player, but clearly we are too stupid to give him that chance, hope he goes elsewhere he has more than earned that...terrible.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
clearly looking like our org has very little faith in the boys from st johns. Always htough we at least had bottom 6 depth, but i guess we have no forward depth at all

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
BTW, they cannot be re-assigned to St. John's until they clear waivers, and all 3 are waiver eligible.

I REALLY hope somebody claims Machacek, he is going to be a solid 3rd line player, but clearly we are too stupid to give him that chance, hope he goes elsewhere he has more than earned that...terrible.

According to the paper this morning, all 3 of them had passed through the waiver wire already. If none of the other 29 teams picked up on them, then...

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

i hope someone claims him merely to see if he really can do it or not.

i will accept it as ablack mark on management if he is claimed and is a usefullplayer to someone, but at this point i just want proof.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
The rules regarding place players on waivers over the weekend have changed in the new CBA haven't they? I think they clear 24 hours later regardless of what day they were waived now, where as previously they didn't clear until the Monday if they were waived on a weekend.

Could be trying to sneak Machacek back down by not waiving him till everyone else's roster has been set.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
The rules regarding place players on waivers over the weekend have changed in the new CBA haven't they? I think they clear 24 hours later regardless of what day they were waived now, where as previously they didn't clear until the Monday if they were waived on a weekend.

Could be trying to sneak Machacek back down by not waiving him till everyone else's roster has been set.

I dont know if they can do that

they could have played a game like send redman down then tomorrow recall him and send macho down

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
According to the paper this morning, all 3 of them had passed through the waiver wire already. If none of the other 29 teams picked up on them, then...

They have not. We would have heard about that. Bob McKenzie has all the waiver wire players posted all the time, unless he posts every team other than the Jets, there is no way they have cleared waivers yet.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Sending Machacek back does not make any sense. Instead of all these waiver claims why not give the poor guy a chance to show what he's got. You have to think he earned atleast that much after his performence at the end of last season. Extremely bizzare decision. It doesn't exactly send a positive message esp to those borderline NHL-AHL players in St. John's :shakehead

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
I recall hearing Machacek could simply be sent down to the SJIC on his contract.

Don't want to lose him, someone will pick him up for sure.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sorry, but Macho really dug his own grave. He came into the season expecting to be a Jet, and when the lockout happened he just dragged his ass around the St. John's ice.

He should have been leading that team and forced his way onto this roster. Obviously the fact that NO ONE in the NHL wants him shows that he does not deserve to be here. (if despotic's paper info is correct)

Now I see why they picked up Peluso and Wright. They want players that want to be here and earn their ice time, not feel entitled. Who knows, maybe this lights a fire under Machacek's ass and he plays with some fire down there and forces his way back up.

Til' then, it's Peluso and Wright's ball to run with. They will determine if they stay or not.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Sending Machacek back does not make any sense. Instead of all these waiver claims why not give the poor guy a chance to show what he's got. You have to think he earned atleast that much after his performence at the end of last season. Extremely bizzare decision. It doesn't exactly send a positive message esp to those borderline NHL-AHL players in St. John's :shakehead

The message is:

Be Better at Hockey!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Respect is a 2 way street. Instead of feeling entitled and just going through the motions in St. John's expecting to be in the NHL on the back of a very small sample size of big league games, you carry on that momentum and prove that you belong here.

It sends a terrible message to management if you stop trying the second you think you've made it. What would he do say we were to sign him to a 2 year NHL contract? Just float around?

Hopefully he learned a very important lesson.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
All three passed through waivers last season, I have a feeling that would be what the paper was referencing. Unless as mentioned for some reason Jets waivers were just never made public, which is unlikely.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
As an aside, seeing the reaction of unproven yet promising players being sent back to the minors reminds me of the way the Oilers board would react when Schremp and Omark would get sent down. Where are they now?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Respect is a 2 way street. Instead of feeling entitled and just going through the motions in St. John's expecting to be in the NHL on the back of a very small sample size of big league games, you carry on that momentum and prove that you belong here.

It sends a terrible message to management if you stop trying the second you think you've made it. What would he do say we were to sign him to a 2 year NHL contract? Just float around?

Hopefully he learned a very important lesson.

Did you watch St. John's? Every game I watched he was pretty much the best player on the ice. St. John's as a team sucked, but it was FAR from Machacek's fault.

Were you in the dressing room as Machacek was saying around about how much better he was than everybody, how he doesn't need to try? No, you weren't. You are grasping at straws that you think make sense. Only thing here that makes sense is that Jets management has ****ed up. And I hope Machacek moves on so he doesn't have to deal with us screwing him over for the 5th time...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
As an aside, seeing the reaction of unproven yet promising players being sent back to the minors reminds me of the way the Oilers board would react when Schremp and Omark would get sent down. Where are they now?

As an aside, seeing the reaction of unproven yet promising players being sent back to the minors reminds me of the way the Kings board would react when Purcell and Moulson would get sent down. Where are they now?

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Meh, I think I'll trust the people who you know, have been closely evaluating these players and have actually talked to them for the duration of the Jets training camp. No one knows if these are bad moves until we see them actually play.

Some people need to gear down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad