Jets are overrated

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Jets aren't overrated as a team. They are quiet good.

However Hellebuyck and Laine are. They overpaid Helle already. Hopefully they don't do the same with Laine.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
We've been on autopilot all year. Playing good enough to win usually but never really playing hard unless we're playing top competition.
We don't look as good to the eye, but we're on pace for pretty much the same points as last year.

Reactions: heretik27

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They are just trying to hurt the Avs pick odds by losing to us, and Ottawa twice.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
The biggest tell tale sign of a team being good, is when its universally accepted that they arn’t playing well, yet when you look at the standings you see them in the top 5 in the entire league.

As a life long Jets fan, all I have to do is think back to how far we have come since our first few seasons, and it puts a smile on my face. First world problems I suppose

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets are currently in 1st place in the Central without even playing well.

I like that they will be taken lightly come playoff time because they lost to non playoff teams and are considered overrated.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
The Jets are currently in 1st place in the Central without even playing well.

I like that they will be taken lightly come playoff time because they lost to non playoff teams and are considered overrated.

Yes, the Jets will be playing HF in the first round of the playoffs

Well done

Digital Kid

Jun 5, 2015
Calgary
Jets have a ton of injuries right now to starters. I would trade Laine straight up for a Mark Stone who has signed a 5-year extension. The writing was on the wall for Hellebuyck in pre-season when he commented more than anyone on the equipment adjustments - might be a psychological thing there about getting hurt every shot...

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
We've been on autopilot all year. Playing good enough to win usually but never really playing hard unless we're playing top competition.
We don't look as good to the eye, but we're on pace for pretty much the same points as last year.

The scary thing is Jets have looked mediocre this year and are still among the top in the league in points.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The team will be judged by the outcome this spring.
What we do in February is pretty inconsequential.

We hope Chevy makes the right move(s) for long term success and that the team proves that they have another gear to them.
A smart acquisition, a slight increase in quality of play and a Laine sighting and this team would be very difficult to contend with in the playoffs.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Thread title should read: Jets are bored
This is true. They seem to be able to turn it on whenever they fee like it. It's frustrating that they often don't feel like it but come playoff time, you can guarantee they'll be motivated.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Very much agreed. The effort level is consistently shit against basement teams, but we've played some great hockey games against teams like Nashville and Tampa.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
This does not matter because I've read plenty of Jets fans say that they don't need Laine to be successful, he's just a bonus.
If the Jets were so inclined, they could trade Laine tomorrow and be a much better team overall with the return. Of course that won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad