Jets are overrated

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, I don't think they're that great this year.

Awesome team on paper, but for whatever reason, it just hasn't been there on the ice.

Reactions: MardyBum

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One mistake they've made this year is playing Hellebuyck too much, while Brossoit was proving to be reliable.

I do realize that Brossoit might not have been reliable if he were used a bit more, but I don't understand why they didn't at least try it.

I forget if it was last week or the week before where Brossoit was complete trash against Ottawa and I figured they wouldn't be playing too much of him after that. 4 of the 5 goals he allowed were really bad. He was back in tonight, which surprised me. Didn't see much of that game (will review later), but he definitely didn't have a chance on the OT winner.

I don't really see them as a team that will win the cup this year or even make it out of the west, but certainly there's been worse teams than them that have made it to the SCF.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Winnipeg's center depth is one of the worst in the league and their defense isn't anything special. Yeah they are a bit overrated.
You are not serious are you? I am not saying the C depth is great but one of the worst in the league is a joke.

Scheifele is a bonafide 1st line C
Little is decent as a 2nd line C
Lowry is a great 3 C
Copp is a great 4 C

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Yotes destroyed Toronto tonight.
:sarcasm:

Was a horrible game for Toronto but probably not their worst of the season. They throw up some stinkers.

Jets throw up some stinkers too. They are still the top Canadian team in my opinion.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
The Jets are a more superior team than Ottawa. No contest.

Just forget about those two games.

The Sens are by far the worst team in the league. ;)

D Man

Oct 12, 2017
Paul Maurice is holding this this team back.
Overusing the top line and not giving Liane a chance to be on the same top line.
Nobody really up in arms yet as they are still first in the Central Division.
Keep this up Jets and the press and fans will start putting the heat on Maurice.
Has to get Laine going.
In their best interest to do so.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Jets are really good, Paul Maurice just is terrible and has been for years.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Anytime a thread starts with the word overrated

giphy.gif

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
The loss of Ehlers and Buff has a pretty big impact on them not being able to have as much offensive zone time, due to the lack of clean zone entries by anyone else other than those two.

The first two lines are also extremely stale and ineffective. 1st PP is also very stale at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad