Jets are overrated

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If the Jets were so inclined, they could trade Laine tomorrow and be a much better team overall with the return. Of course that won't happen.

Laine scoring 44 goals was not a fluke.

This slump can not last forever and just giving up on him right now and dumping him for a return would be idiotic.

True North drafts and develops.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not overrated, Brian Burke said it best, they are not playing to potential and their star player is not scoring.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Jets are this year's PDO sweethearts.

2014 Avs
2015 Canadiens
2016 Rangers
2017 Oilers and 2017 Wild
2018 Ducks
2019 Jets & Islanders

All they are

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Well the West seems pretty soft this year and the Jets essentially made the playoffs in December.
Their consistent poor efforts still result in wins more often then not.
That should scare some people.
And that's with Laine shooting blanks for months.

What the heck would other teams do if the Jets added a strong player and then also had Laine wake up.
Add Ehlers and Buff to that and Winnipeg will still have plenty of chances to make noise in the playoffs.

We fret constantly about our PP which was still 4th overall last time I checked (might have changed slightly).
Nashville for example is dead last in PP.
Seems like they have actual problems to worry about in that department.

All the negative talk about the Jets would make you think they were a middle of the pack team fighting for a playoff spot. The results say otherwise. They can beat a good chunk of the teams in the league even when they only play for about 20 minutes of the game.

I think the team has a lot more to give and I hope they are healthy and ready to roll when the playoffs start.
Every series will be tough and any team that makes the post season is a threat.
But I'll take my chances with them picking their game up by April.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Jets are this year's PDO sweethearts.

2014 Avs
2015 Canadiens
2016 Rangers
2017 Oilers and 2017 Wild
2018 Ducks
2019 Jets & Islanders

All they are
Aren't you the guy that said Calgary was actually better than the Jets last year 'because of PDO'? lol

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Jets are playing like they don't give a crap this year. Hopefully they try in the playoffs.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Jets in 2019 have played 21 games and lost 9 of them. 5 wins and 5 losses in last 10. Everyone in their division has been sucking though, so they still lead the Central. Which means their bad play has gone relatively unnoticed, or criticisms have been met with "1st in Central". They have also won a lot of games they "shouldn't" have won, which is either a sign of a great team or just means they have had insane puck luck on their side. I'm not yet sure which is the case. They seem to be cruising into the playoffs rather easily, there's no doubt this team could step it up a notch or several.

At times it looks like they are playing like a bunch of regular-season-bored veterans who are just doing their job until the real games begin. But this is not a veteran playoff team, last year was the first for many and I think if they have got the idea in their heads that they can just smoothsail into the playoffs and then "step it up", it might not work so well for them. Especially since they are overplaying their top line, which is not even performing very well and the team is in fact carried by their bottom-6 atm Which is ofc great, but not so good if you are still playing your top guys 22+ a night. Last year Jets was so good because they simply played so well. Even when they had significant injuries, everyone stepped it up and they played a strong team game and kept on winning regardless. Also having Stastny and a beast-mode Laine for the latter part of the regular season helped, and created some rosy memories.

It seems they need more suckage for extended period of time or some injuries to wake up the coach. He seems way too comfortable in his strategy of "just put Scheifele and Wheeler out there and hope they turn the game" which means Scheifele leads the league with 22.30 TOI/GP and Wheeler is 10th with 21.30. It's totally insane when you look at roster. They are playing more like a 1 line team than actual one line teams.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Well the West seems pretty soft this year and the Jets essentially made the playoffs in December.
Their consistent poor efforts still result in wins more often then not.
That should scare some people.
And that's with Laine shooting blanks for months.

What the heck would other teams do if the Jets added a strong player and then also had Laine wake up.
Add Ehlers and Buff to that and Winnipeg will still have plenty of chances to make noise in the playoffs.

We fret constantly about our PP which was still 4th overall last time I checked (might have changed slightly).
Nashville for example is dead last in PP.
Seems like they have actual problems to worry about in that department.

All the negative talk about the Jets would make you think they were a middle of the pack team fighting for a playoff spot. The results say otherwise. They can beat a good chunk of the teams in the league even when they only play for about 20 minutes of the game.

I think the team has a lot more to give and I hope they are healthy and ready to roll when the playoffs start.
Every series will be tough and any team that makes the post season is a threat.
But I'll take my chances with them picking their game up by April.
Lots of good points there. It does seem to me like they are putting extra emphasis on being healthy for the playoffs........been so long since they played 60 minutes with a full lineup I just hope they remember how.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
Actually they are one point behind western conference leader while some of thier top players are not playing to their potential. this is perfect setup for deep playoffs run.

Reactions: TheRealPepman

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg's center depth is one of the worst in the league and their defense isn't anything special. Yeah they are a bit overrated.
I am all for us getting crapped on when we are playing bad but this is just false.

Scheifs is a star 1C
Little is serviceable at 2c
Lowry is a great shutdown 3c
Our 4th line C is questionable depending on who's there.

Most Jets fans agree that an upgrade at 2c would be big for the playoffs but lets not pretend that Little sucks.

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
Jets in 2019 have played 21 games and lost 9 of them. 5 wins and 5 losses in last 10. Everyone in their division has been sucking though, so they still lead the Central. Which means their bad play has gone relatively unnoticed, or criticisms have been met with "1st in Central". They have also won a lot of games they "shouldn't" have won, which is either a sign of a great team or just means they have had insane puck luck on their side. I'm not yet sure which is the case. They seem to be cruising into the playoffs rather easily, there's no doubt this team could step it up a notch or several.

At times it looks like they are playing like a bunch of regular-season-bored veterans who are just doing their job until the real games begin. But this is not a veteran playoff team, last year was the first for many and I think if they have got the idea in their heads that they can just smoothsail into the playoffs and then "step it up", it might not work so well for them. Especially since they are overplaying their top line, which is not even performing very well and the team is in fact carried by their bottom-6 atm Which is ofc great, but not so good if you are still playing your top guys 22+ a night. Last year Jets was so good because they simply played so well. Even when they had significant injuries, everyone stepped it up and they played a strong team game and kept on winning regardless. Also having Stastny and a beast-mode Laine for the latter part of the regular season helped, and created some rosy memories.

It seems they need more suckage for extended period of time or some injuries to wake up the coach. He seems way too comfortable in his strategy of "just put Scheifele and Wheeler out there and hope they turn the game" which means Scheifele leads the league with 22.30 TOI/GP and Wheeler is 10th with 21.30. It's totally insane when you look at roster. They are playing more like a 1 line team than actual one line teams.

Blues and Blackhawks beg to differ.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
they got dominated by the Sens in OT but the Sens are not as bad as everyone thinks.
The Jets are flush with talent but still feel they need to do something before the TDL to get to the SCF

Yeah. Get a new coach
Hasn't really done anything different to get things going

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Jets are very good, with the potential to be even better if Laine, Ehlers and a couple of young players ( Roslovic, maybe Niku, Appleton, or?)start to play well. The right add at the TDL(Duchene, Staal?)will make them even more formidable.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I am all for us getting crapped on when we are playing bad but this is just false.

Scheifs is a star 1C
Little is serviceable at 2c
Lowry is a great shutdown 3c
Our 4th line C is questionable depending on who's there.

Most Jets fans agree that an upgrade at 2c would be big for the playoffs but lets not pretend that Little sucks.

Lowry was a great shutdown 3c last year. He seems to alternate between that and being a fairly nondescript 4c every other year or so. I’d rather my 3c generate a bit more offence than he does but he’s probably a 3/4 tweener at this point. He’s been pretty terrible this season.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Lowry was a great shutdown 3c last year. He seems to alternate between that and being a fairly nondescript 4c every other year or so. I’d rather my 3c generate a bit more offence than he does but he’s probably a 3/4 tweener at this point. He’s been pretty terrible this season.

Lowry's been bad? He plays against other top lines. As long as they're not getting scored on. Hes doing his role

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Forward depth is vastly overrated by this team. If they swing Stone or a similar
UFA that’ll be huge.

They are missing Enstrom which is weird given his edge, but Myers is pretty terrible.

Goaltending seems to be similar to Hellebyuck’s averages.

No ehlers is injured and maurice doesnt know how to change things up
Plenty of depth but little and laine still play together

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No ehlers is injured and maurice doesnt know how to change things up
Plenty of depth but little and laine still play together

I would say Little at this point in his career is a big reason why their forward depth is an issue. Jets I think went into this season hoping Roslo would be a 30-40 pt 3C in a Kadri / Bonino / role. With TLC being the fourth line. Hasn’t worked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->