Jets are overrated

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Jets have been home and cooled in the playoffs since before xmas. Not much urgency right now. As long as they're clicking two weeks from the end of the season is all that matters.

Reactions: Flair Hay

ijuka

May 14, 2016
IMO Scheifele and Wheeler need to be separated, neither of them play any defense when they're together, they're just waiting to go on the offense. They also IMO don't have great chemistry together and also shouldn't play on the PK because now they're playing like 25min a game.

I'd have Wheeler with Little considering they have had some great synergy in the past.

Reactions: behemolari

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Paul Maurice is holding this this team back.
Overusing the top line and not giving Liane a chance to be on the same top line.
Nobody really up in arms yet as they are still first in the Central Division.
Keep this up Jets and the press and fans will start putting the heat on Maurice.
Has to get Laine going.
In their best interest to do so.
Jets are really good, Paul Maurice just is terrible and has been for years.
I think you're fans of other teams and want Maurice gone because Jets won't get a as good coach this season.

Reactions: ShooTer44

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think they will get Duchesne and that will solve anything, including Laine. At this point you are judging teams of that tier on the playoffs, not a 2 game sample. Unless their fans claim they are worlds better than Tampa (which they don't) I don't see how they can be overrated.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Meh, clearly the team isn't quite "in it" right now. Sort of like Vegas, recently, kinda there but not quite.

Need to get excited again. Happens in a long season.

Caps wen't through this last year around this time of the year, good games here and there but sort of had that feeling that "let's just play out these games".

TDL/Ehlers comeback will probably give the team some spark.

I always say you'd rather struggle in February than March, because March can carry over to the playoffs.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Just because a team is slumping doesn’t mean they’re overrated. The season is full of ebbs and flows.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
The Jets got unlucky with penalties and were also given two -double minors. The let in a goal on an extended 5 on 3, which is completely understandable. Laine hasn't done anything in 2019, which isn't helping. As for Ottawa, I'd assume all of the trade bait is working hard to prove their worth to the team or potential suitors.

In the 3rd, the Jets brought it, and there was no doubt that they were going to score the trying goal.

The Jets are not overrated. They are a strong playoff team that could make it to the finals.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
We will see how well rated we are when we play a wild card at home in the first round.

Cant blame someone for thinking this the way we have played the last month. They just wouldnt be seeing the big picture imo

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think the only current Jet who fits the overate category is Dustin Byfuglien.

And he finally played to his full potential in the playoffs last year and was our best defenseman. I never thought I'd ever see him play with consistency and selflessness, but he did every game last post-season.

Unless he has a step back this year, I think he tries his hardest only when he has to.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Every team goes through a slump, this is the Jets first of the season with like 25~ games to go.

Doesn't help that we've had injuries on our backend from impact guys like Buff and missing Ehlers for a good chunk.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Their 2nd best even strength forward and best winger is missing. Blake Wheeler nowadays is a prime example what PP usage and playing with Scheifele does to his stat line. It's actually pretty funny how is performance declines year after year, but his stats are better.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Yeah Jets are so overrated. I have seen so many Winnipeg Jets shirts everywhere I travel the world. Drake might be the only famous guy who hasn't put the Jets shirt on so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad