Rumor: Jets and Avs (Kyle Connor)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I think Sakic sees a top four of Girard, Byram, Makar and Timmins for the next 6-7 years after this season. Considering how Avs have struggled to draft and develop defenders in the past, it's hard seeing him move Byram for a forward.

9A3B85E2-BE01-4BF5-B1DE-33BCF27E409A.jpeg

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
No way the Avs move Girard, they just signed him to a 7 year extension before his ELC even expired and they love the guy and his cap hit is fantastic. He's also having a breakout campaign this year. He's tied his career best in points already in just 52 games, and should have no problem hitting ~35 points.

Then again you'd think the Jets would make the same argument to not move Connor. They just signed him to a 7 year extension at a truly fabulous cap hit and he too looks primed for a breakout campaign where he could hit ~40 goals and 75 points at seasons end.

I dont think the Avs would move Girard. I also dont think they would move Byram. So I dont think we see a trade but this is interesting. Sounds like Sakic has been pretty actively pursuing a younger Top 6 winger for a while now.
A soft, 35 point defenceman who's replaceable from within is at the peak of his value and that's the reason NOT to trade him?

I suppose the better idea is to trade Zadorov, so when McDavid or Kucherov or Gaudreau are on the ice they can be covered by...uh...Makar? Cole? Johnson? Girard?

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Lol, Byram might be worth Kyle Connor if Byram was having an even better season than his draft season- but he’s not.

Kyle Connor is a 23 year old established 1st line top winger.

And whoever said Jost and a 2nd and a 3rd- what a waste of air you are

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Lol, Byram might be worth Kyle Connor if Byram was having an even better season than his draft season- but he’s not.

Kyle Connor is a 23 year old established 1st line top winger.

And whoever said Jost and a 2nd and a 3rd- what a waste of air you are

Jost is a 21 year old top 10 pick with ....agh nevermind. Everyone already knows he sucks.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Could Connor be a goner?

It seems fairly far-fetched, but one of the Jets' beat writers indicates that he's heard some chatter about the Jets trading Kyle Connor, with the Avs as a potential destination. He also indicates that the return would focus on Bowen Byram.

Okay, so let's ask the hypothetical question:

To Avs: Kyle Connor
To Jets: Bowen Byram

Who says "no"?
You misspelled "Makar"

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Jost is a 21 year old top 10 pick with ....agh nevermind. Everyone already knows he sucks.

Not saying he sucks, not saying he doesn’t have value, or wouldn’t be of interestto anyone. But his value is not anywhere close to Kyle Connor. He’d be a complimentary piece. Not the core of the trade.

The offer was Jost a 2nd and a 3rd.
It could be Jost and 2 1st rd picks, and it still isn’t close to Kyle Connor and would be a no.

Other guy got it right when he said, sure- as soon as you trade Rantanen for Vesalainen and a 2nd and 3rd.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
If I’m Colorado I take this deal to land Kyle Connor. I know it hurts to lose a 1st rd defense prospect but Colorado still has Makar, Girard, Timmons and big Zadorov all under 24 years old.

It’s not wise to have a total young defense. Gotta have a few vets to lead the young guys.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
If I’m Colorado I take this deal to land Kyle Connor. I know it hurts to lose a 1st rd defense prospect but Colorado still has Makar, Girard, Timmons and big Zadorov all under 24 years old.

It’s not wise to have a total young defense. Gotta have a few vets to lead the young guys.

This deal makes no sense.

WPG needs a RHD, Byram is a LHD. So they want Makar (not happening) or Timmins which require more pieces with Newhook, 1st are the likely larger package. AVs are among the most potent offences in the league and need a 3C or RW Sniper. He’s an elite, but soft LW that will bump Landy or Bura.

I could see KC traded, but unlikely to the AVs.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

WPG needs a RHD, Byram is a LHD. So they want Makar (not happening) or Timmins which require more pieces with Newhook, 1st are the likely larger package. AVs are among the most potent offences in the league and need a 3C or RW Sniper. He’s an elite, but soft LW that will bump Landy or Bura.

As far as the OP goes it would make sense for the avalanche to trade for Kyle Connor, especially for a playoff run if he were truly available but it would not make sense for Winnipeg to trade for a left-handed defensive prospect that’s unproven in the NHL and that may not be ready to play in the NHL next season.

If Colorado is hurting losing Byram then they could trade Landeskog next season before the trade deadline to recoup a pick to draft another defenseman.

The cap will fit for the avalanche with what they have coming off the books at the end of the season.

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
I would trade Byram, Bowers, Jost and a 2nd for KC.

KC is locked up long term on a decent contract, he's young, he's talented, and the Avs have Timmins in the pipeline/ can draft a LHD in the first round this year if they want.

Load up for a cup run...
KC/Mack/Rants
Nuke/Kadri/Bura
Landy/JTC/Donk
Nieto/PEB/Kamenev?

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Connor is absolutely horrendous defensively, I wouldn't touch this if I'm the Avs.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I have no idea what the Isles could offer in order to get Connor from the Jets but I'd love for it to happen.

Dobson and a 1st? (Personally wouldn't do as I like building from the net out and Dobson's got #1 potential)
Pulock and a 1st? (Personally wouldn't do as I like building from the net out and Pulock's our #1).

Hai Guyz, how about Wilde, Ho-Sang and our 2024 1st, will that be enough?/?//??? o_O

For me personally, it’s a deal with Dobson or no dice. I’d HATE to lose Connor, absolutely HATE it, but I understand it takes quality to get quality.

I also understand why the NYI wouldn’t do it.

I would much prefer Dobson over Byram and I do like Byram very much, plus would rather not face Connor as frequently. He’d come back to scorch us too much if he were with the Avalanche.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Not saying he sucks, not saying he doesn’t have value, or wouldn’t be of interestto anyone. But his value is not anywhere close to Kyle Connor. He’d be a complimentary piece. Not the core of the trade.

The offer was Jost a 2nd and a 3rd.
It could be Jost and 2 1st rd picks, and it still isn’t close to Kyle Connor and would be a no.

Other guy got it right when he said, sure- as soon as you trade Rantanen for Vesalainen and a 2nd and 3rd.

You should be saying this as Tyson Jost does, in fact, suck. He sucks real bad actually.

Reactions: Spilot23

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I remember Avs fans were outraged that Ottawa wouldn't move Chabot for Duchene and then Sens fans were outraged that Dallas wouldn't move Heiskanen for Erik Karlsson.

These young bluechip dmen don't get traded and it has nothing to do with how Hfboards value them.

bit different considering those players were not coming in locked in for 6 more seasons

Reactions: hn777

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Cheveldayoff wouldn't do this...

Unless Kyle Connor demands a trade it's highly unlikely. Jets value Connor highly, but it'd take from the Avs Mikko Rantanen at least. Not Bowen Byram...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
An established 30 goal scorer to a prospect that's a "maybe"?

I'd say no. And yeah he's a good prospect, but still.

he isnt a good prospect. he is a great prospect, top 5 easily and arguably the top guy.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

The jets shouldn't be eternally rebuilding. They aren't far off from being a top Cup contender.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
It would take at least Rantanen? What?
At Least

This is a great proposal, but still not quite the right one for the Avs no matter how you see the value. We aren't as high on Byram as we were on Makar, but it isn't that far off either.

Imagine if 2 years ago the Avs traded Makar (Pre-NHL) for Rickard Rakell? That is kindof how we Avs fans are viewing this proposal. RR was the first 60-70ish point guy I found for an example who would have had 5 years at $3.8M.

The Avs have plenty of offense right now and as good as Connor is, it doesnt make sense to move a blue chip D for him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad