Rumor: Jets and Avs (Kyle Connor)

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
The value is fine, but the Avs are very weak on the D end after Makar, Byram, and Timmins. The bonus of Connor on offense is amazing to think about it, but not the sacrifice of D.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Can Habs fan just keep Petry? No one cares.
Right. This is how I feel about literally everything MTL has. I know they're fine players, but none of them excite me or would really improve my team that much. Sadly Kovalchuk is the most intriguing ironically.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm sorry.

Mind pointing out where in my post I suggested even once that this was true?
Avs would move Girard for Connor in a nanosecond. You indicated there was no way they would trade him. Connor's value is so much higher they would be compelled to trade Girard.

Reactions: Fire Chevy

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I can understand why the Jets would target a young defenseman who they can develop, Winnipeg isn't exactly at the top of FA's lists and the upcoming group of UFA dmen is pretty weak.

But at the same time i don't like the idea of trading Kyle Connor for unproven players, he's going to bank north of 60 pts and score 30 goals every year and the contract is fine. Too much risk IMO.

They managed to lock him up long-term, so why trade him. Those are the guys you want to keep.

Jets will have cap space, there are other ways to improve the D. Got to think there will be better opportunities out there.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs would move Girard for Connor in a nanosecond. You indicated there was no way they would trade him. Connor's value is so much higher they would be compelled to trade Girard.

No. This isn't EA sports.

Sure Connor has more value in a vacuum but certainly not "way more" and hockey trades aren't done in a vacuum.

Girard is our 2nd best Dman, he's a part of the core and signed to a fantastic contract. He's also having a breakout year.

You're either overeating Connors value or underrating Girard.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
How dare you. At least ours is in the NHL :sarcasm:

Jets fans, how credible is this guy? Because I just can't buy this.
You gotta talk about something. The Jet fan base isn't talking about winning so you have to talk about how to fill holes. I'm sure every GM knows the Jets need to fix that D. I'm sure KFC's name comes up if the Jets want a good defensemen. I think that's all this means.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
If thats a deal that would be on the table, I wonder if the sharks would call them up and see how they feel about Merkley.
Lol, Merkley who was on most teams do not draft list? And Jet fans are concerned about Byram not meeting his potential.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
A strange proposal and can't see either team accepting. I think the value is fair, although, love Byram.

WPG needs RHD. They're also considered the least desirable destination they can't sign UFAs. They have a young player signed long-term and they want to trade him?

AVs spent years seeking good DMen. They've finally created among the best young DMen lineups in the league and still have a potential top line player. Trading him a year after the draft seems to be a dumb move, especially if he develops. Hugh end DMen are nearly impossible to obtain unless via draft.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why do I seem to see Connor's name in this forum so much? I have no idea why anyone would trade a 23 year old who scores 30+ every year.

Jets need to rebuild their defense and Chevy hasn't made it easy for himself.

If he wants to land a bigger name one of the bigger forwards need to move, which hurts the top6 by a mile.

Maybe they should test Vatanen 1st to see where he could take their D-group and continue from that.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Girard isn't even close to the value of Connor.
Avs are more likely to trade Byram than Girard and they won't trade Byram. It's not all about value in a vacuum, it's the value for a team.

Avs' young defensemen aren't available. It's much easier for a team to get a top 6 wing than one of those defensemen.

Reactions: Patagonia

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hfboards once again ridiculously overvaluing prospects who could very easily bust

I remember Avs fans were outraged that Ottawa wouldn't move Chabot for Duchene and then Sens fans were outraged that Dallas wouldn't move Heiskanen for Erik Karlsson.

These young bluechip dmen don't get traded and it has nothing to do with how Hfboards value them.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
How dare you. At least ours is in the NHL :sarcasm:

Jets fans, how credible is this guy? Because I just can't buy this.

Lol to this first part.

On the Sens vs Jets game on right now the announcers say they spoke with Maurice and Chevy and says nobody is asking for Connor because teams know hes untouchable

The rumor is complete bunk

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad