Post-Game Talk: Jets 7 - Avs 0, b2b Bagels

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Our best games in the last while have been against the Rags, the Stars, and the Avs. Two of them are 1st and 2nd place in the league and the other sits 8th in the league. And earlier this years the Jets neutered the Bruins and the Canucks in equally flawless fashion, who have been top 5 pretty well all season.

Those are some heavy teams we made look ordinary. Might this been the year?

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Our best games in the last while have been against the Rags, the Stars, and the Avs. Two of them are 1st and 2nd place in the league and the other sits 8th in the league. And earlier this years the Jets neutered the Bruins and the Canucks in equally flawless fashion, who have been top 5 pretty well all season.

Those are some heavy teams we made look ordinary. Might this been the year?

I really only watch the Jets, so I'm not as educated as some other posters here. But this team does seem to be able to rise to the occasion against a top team (good) or get lazy against a lesser one (bad). But that does bode well for the playoffs, since you expect everyone to bring their A game. I guess a counter-point would be Bones' "pushback" speech from last year. But this year feels different.

Although 6 games ago I like almost everyone else was more doom and gloom. I guess my take-away is that the Jets are truly scary at the top of their game, and we seem to be getting hot just at the right time.

The dynamics of team sports are fascinating.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
take-a-bow-gif.gif
6-0….
You are all welcome

As the Soup Nazi would say,

NO PLAYOFFS FOR YOU!

We’ll see you at the Cup Parade.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
What a statement game by the boys. We just went into Dallas and Colorado and out scored them 10-0. Who says we aren’t serious contenders?
I hate to be pessimistic Paul but this will not be the Av's team the Jets see in the playoffs and if it is then something has gone wrong with Col because they are better than they played. Kudos to the Jets for taking care of business but the real season starts in 10 days.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
I guess my take-away is that the Jets are truly scary at the top of their game, and we seem to be getting hot just at the right time.
I truly believe that the Jets in December were the best team the NHL has seen this season. There's literally no team they couldn't beat when playing that way.

If they're playing that way again now, it bodes very, very, very well for the playoffs. Anything can happen, and I'm not predicting anything, but there isn't a team in the NHL that could win a seven game series against the Jets when they play like they're playing now.

So to me, the question is not "can they win?" The question is "will they play their best style, the style that can beat anyone?"

The answer to the first question is a strong "yes". I don't know the answer to the second question.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Avs depend on their high end talent zipping through the neutral zone (especially McK) to drive their O. Jets completely shut this down, with great discipline (staying within the system, and feasted on Avs breakdowns and bad decisions.........

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
Glowing reviews? You obviously overlooked the poll at the top of the thread calling Winnipeg a toilet.
I think most people did, however I did not. Acts like that show the true character of people, and for allowing that to be considered as acceptable in their forum, they are a POS fan base, including their mods for allowing that to remain up.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
As a lifelong Winnipegger, I'd like to go on record as saying that this city is indeed a bit of a toilet. But I love it anyway, chose to relocate here to raise my family from a large metro centre in the states with no regrets
You do realise most if not all cities have crap areas, and I guarantee that wherever you came from does as well.

Denver isn't perfect, and several areas of their city are also 'toilets'

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So I guess the rumors of the Jets collapsing in the second half are false ... asking for a friend.
There were more than a couple of posters that denounced the Jets at a certain point in the last few weeks

I'm confident that they're all very principled people and have stuck to their guns and haven't started cheering for them again

:sarcasm:

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Congraduations.

I started the sport really late, but raising a son and a little daughter is the best, most rewarded thing I have ever done in my life.

Enjoy the ride because it blows by.

What a couple of games here back to back heading towards the playoffs.

Touché :laugh:
Thank you sir! I'm sure it will. Life moves fast enough as it is, let alone with a little sprog growing up before your very eyes.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Just scared this game may have been part of a psych-op by the Avalanche.
You're not the first to comment this, but it's absurd to think that any team would purposely shit the bed, lose home ice, and practice bad habits just to play some mind game. Every player wants to win every game. If they don't then send them on their way, they're not going to help you when it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad