Post-Game Talk: Jets 7 - Avs 0, b2b Bagels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Think Lowry set the tone at the beginning of the game when that Avs player tried hitting him over the boards and barely moved Lowry and Lowry took that player's stick with him to our bench and then snapped in half.:laugh: That was so funny, i watched it 3 times and was killing myself laughing.:laugh:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 7.49.13 AM.png

Dirtbag151

Feb 6, 2021
saw this in the Denver Post thought it was pretty good
It was in reference to the Avs losing to Seatle in the first round last year

"The Jets are better. They treat opponents with personal contempt, guarding their goal like a fang-bearing wolverine. They require patience and discipline to break."

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Think Lowry set the tone at the beginning of the game when that Avs player tried hitting him over the boards and barely moved Lowry and Lowry took that player's stick with him to our bench and then snapped in half.:laugh: That was so funny, i watched it 3 times and was killing myself laughing.:laugh:
No kidding. Lowry had a monster game and I love when he stepped in when an Avs player wanted to challenge a Jet after a hit. He was like No F***ing way pal lol

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
That is an underrated highlight of the season for me.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
That was Manson who thought he was going to run around and intimidate the Jets, but the stick belonged to Duhaime who thought he was going to puff out his chest towards the Captain, Lowry doesn't play that shit. Woke him up and had one of his best games of the year

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Some people on the main boards are mentioning how the regular season doesn’t matter and this is a wake up call for Colorado. I both agree and disagree. Sometimes one team just has the other’s number. Bad Dolphins teams always have good Patriot teams fits. My Braves can’t get past the Phillies. It’s just one of those weird things in sports.

Now all that being said, I hope we can slow down the Avs like we did today. If we do they have zero chance.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
That was Manson who thought he was going to run around and intimidate the Jets, but the stick belonged to Duhaime who thought he was going to puff out his chest towards the Captain, Lowry doesn't play that shit. Woke him up and had one of his best games of the year
It was Colton's stick.

What do we think, Playoffs start on the 20th and 21st? Has there been any hints?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

It was a smart, solid check -- especially because like a judo master he was using Mack's speed and momentum against him.

It was also a perfectly clean hit, and MacKinnon seemed in no way bothered by it.

Fortunately Colton was -- and took the numpty penalty. Turned out to be the first of two big hits he levelled against his own team.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Btw

Ehlers is a f***ing warrior for those 2 blocked shots when the game was done and dusted

Yep. He undoubtedly can frustrate when he's off and trying too hard to do too much but over the last stretch he has played a much cannier, more disciplined and very effective game, and seems to have found a soul brother in Monahan.

And he is an absolute gamer -- Helle owes him a steak.

Though he can maybe leave the up-by-7 shot blocking to someone else.

My first time hearing him (Bednar) speak. First thought was I like his demeanor. Second thought was he reminds me of Coach Noel. :laugh:

Sounded to me like that good ol' fella in the Interlake who is constantly overhearing legit Jets trade talk while pumping gas...

Though it was nice to hear him say "They're ahead of us..." and wave his hands in a gesture of gentle but heartfelt resignation.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the Avs will be better offensively in the playoffs but their defensive structure has been bad all year and I don't think they can improve that in a week

Yea leading the NHL in goals for and when they are rolling it’s beautiful to watch but their Goaltending and defensive structure are an adventure.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Say what you will about uncle @sipowicz and his complaining. Although his posting volume after losses are 10 X greater than wins he still shows up after the Jets play well. Interesting how some posters only gain value from this site as a venue to vent anger and spread negativity.

Where’s the payoff?

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Looks like I missed a blowout. Watched the Dallas game and didn’t think we could turn two shuts out in a row never mind the 7 goals after 2 periods. Honestly after the six game losing streak I didn’t think we chance to compete in the PO This strerch gives me optimism for the playoff. Let’s keep it rolling boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad