Post-Game Talk: Jets 7 - Avs 0, b2b Bagels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Avs look like a bit of a paper tiger, they chalk up reg season points but can’t win tough games and not good defensively (reminds me of the leafs). IIRC the Jets beat them every game this year (3 wins). See if they can man up in the playoffs or not. Much sooner play the Avs than Dallas.
They're only 2 years removed from hoisting the Cup. They have a lot of guys on that team that know what it takes to win when it counts. The Jets will be in for a really tough series.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Dude, where's Makar? Who needs Makar when you drive a Norrissey.
Jets full value for the win.
If we can beat the Avs and the Stars have to play Vegas and they beat each other up, we might get a chance at a conference final.
Stars, Oilers and Vegas the 3 teams we have to most worry about I think.
Vancouver, the Avs with goalie issues and the Kings with the PLD handicap.
Nashville a dark horse.
On the other side of the coin this loss might make the Avs an angry bunch in the playoffs. Jets need to not be complacent.
Nice convert by Lowry on the TD btw. 😆

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They're only 2 years removed from hoisting the Cup. They have a lot of guys on that team that know what it takes to win when it counts. The Jets will be in for a really tough series.
Important to remember the Avs had a third round bye that year. Doesn’t take away their Cup but it’s some important context.

Reactions: Ponds

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Sorry to hear that you're going through a tough patch (but congrats on your upcomig farherhood)
Thanks good sir, I appreciate it. As I said, usually I wouldn't mention it. Having it coincide with a demolition job on the ice felt like a good omen and relevant to the turn around the team is on after their own rough patch.

As far as the baby goes, I'm very excited to become a father and I'm hoping I'll be one worth my salt. The cherry on top would be telling my little girl that she was born the summer Winnipeg won the Stanley Cup.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Thanks good sir, I appreciate it. As I said, usually I wouldn't mention it. Having it coincide with a demolition job on the ice felt like a good omen and relevant to the turn around the team is on after their own rough patch.

As far as the baby goes, I'm very excited to become a father and I'm hoping I'll be one worth my salt. The cherry on top would be telling my little girl that she was born the summer Winnipeg won the Stanley Cup.
Having a little girl is the best thing in life, nurture then , teach them, scold them, watch them grow to be outstanding women. On the day my daughter left home she turned to me and said Dad thanks to you I am now capable of striking out on the own and for that I am forever grateful, I told here to shut here mouth and it was me that was grateful honoured and the door was always open. She is one of the few things I have gotten right in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad