Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Panthers 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I thought the Jets looked really good at even strength today. That is the fastest I have seen our team play in a long time and I think it’s mostly the quality of the depth. Between Nino and Names at the deadline, then the three LA boys we have added allot of quality pieces that all play the game the right way, with speed, defense, and puck pressure.

I think Vilardi is a really good fit with Schief and Connor. He is so strong on the wall and around the net and that is what those guys need.

As long as Schiefele looks anything close to how he looked tonight that line will have a big year.

Really fun team to watch play hockey and I haven’t said that about a Jets team in a while.

It's nice to be getting back to a squad again where you have to *find* the 4th line ice time, because you want to - not just because you want to avoid overpaying your stars.

We may still be one player short of that but that potential is there

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's nice to be getting back to a squad again where you have to *find* the 4th line ice time, because you want to - not just because you want to avoid overpaying your stars.

We may still be one player short of that but that potential is there

Only two games in but I like how it feels so far.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
It did seem like there was a number of empty seats not even cracking 14,000 is incredibly distressing to me. At this point I just block out the future of the team because honestly it does seem kind of bleak.

And honestly it's not all on the fans the ownership just expects people to pay out the nose and they don't have to earn their business. When you look at what the American owners do for their fans and to attract fans it's almost as if Canadian ownership hates their own customers
I‘ve had no interest in attending games in the last couple of years, because it seemed like the team didn’t care. Making for boring and frustrating hockey.

But, based upon what I have seen so far, I will almost certainly attend a few games. Hopefully there are a lot more like me.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I really hope we see Perfetti soon. I'm thinking he's mainly focusing on his c positioning and responsibilities but he's not really involved offensively
Although he did have a nice assist.

This is the Scheifele we all deserve. Although a very small sample size, he’s doing everything well (except fighting, but he showed up). And talk about face off dominance!

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I‘ve had no interest in attending games in the last couple of years, because it seemed like the team didn’t care. Making for boring and frustrating hockey.

But, based upon what I have seen so far, I will almost certainly attend a few games. Hopefully there are a lot more like me.

All that was needed was to get rid of two "distractions" and suddenly people wanted to resign and the team is playing better. Love it.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
It’s possible Berg could be our 2nd best D, and if he loses out to Demelo it’s close.
Oh brother, the hyperbole in the Samberg camp never ends lol.

I already said that game one against Calgary was the best game I’ve seen him play. He made a couple of goofs against Florida but he was still mostly good.

He’s definitely improved in my eyes, and I like five out of six of our d-men this season. However, the fact is Samberg has a limited tool belt. If he can be a steady, low risk supporting player, he’ll be a positive contributor. That’s what I see now. I would still take each of our starters except Schmidt over him. Poor Dillon is marred from helping his buddie out, but I think he’s always been under rated on this team.

Reactions: hn777

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I was also thinking about how fickle we are. Can you imagine if that breakaway Chuckie had went post and in?

Full meltdown even though nothing about the Jets game changed one iota

We are mollified by the score sheet. As it is, Pionk should never see the ice that late in the game when you're trying to defend a lead. He got full-on exposed by Tkachuk.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I was at the game and the way the fans embraced Lowry being introduced as the captain of the Jets was just awesome. The team seemed to absorb the identity and didnt take shifts off.

Chef looked unreal out there and has a pep in his step. That line is going to be an absolute handful this year

Ehlers looked off but semi expected since he missed preseason

Kupari was simply awesome with and without the puck. Barron looks great out there as well and for the first time I am starting to see that 4th as something more than placeholders for the other three lines to catch their breath.

Helle with some incredible saves throughout the game to keep the momentum going. Too bad about the last 5mins, he deserved better

Perfetti is so damn smart. I dont care if he didnt light up the scoresheet, he didnt everything right during the game. The points will come and he, Nino, and Nik will find their mojo I have no doubt about that.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Och, Aye... and I missed a great game, befeckit engagements!

I've watched the JoMo handoff now about a dozen times on TSN... lovely stuff.

Coelacanth of the game

Captain Lurchalot (Big Adam Lowry)

1697382313910.jpeg

coelacanths.jpg

Salmonid of the game

Josh Morrissey

Josh-Morrissey-ready-for-slapper.jpg

knockout-fish.gif

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I was also thinking about how fickle we are. Can you imagine if that breakaway Chuckie had went post and in?

Yes it has. The jets lost. Some ppl care about stats and analytics. I don’t. It’s did they win or lose.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
s

I already said that game one against Calgary was the best game I’ve seen him play. He made a couple of goofs against Florida but he was still mostly good.

He’s definitely improved in my eyes, and I like five out of six of our d-men this season. However, the fact is Samberg has a limited tool belt. If he can be a steady, low risk supporting player, he’ll be a positive contributor. That’s what I see now. I would still take each of our starters except Schmidt over him. Poor Dillon is marred from helping his buddie out, but I think he’s always been under rated on this team.
what does Dillion have over Berg, meanness? I see berg being faster. I think Berg has an higher hockey IQ. Also you could say same thing bout Demelo being safe and limited toolbelt. Yet I’ll take that over the high risk of Pionk for what this team needs most.
The fact berg has 42 games under his belt may mean he has more to offer. Everyone else is what they are.

Last edited:

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
I remember LA fans on here said Kupari showed flashes and were most hurt losing him in the Dubois trade. We saw his speed in the preseason but great to see him convert. I agree that he may be the steal in that trade. That fourth line is honestly the best I’ve seen for Jets 2.0. Ah depth is such a wonderful sight to see.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Is it hyperbole from others, or is the guy just slowly blossoming into a high end complimentary 2nd pair guy that his stats and his recent play indicate he is heading towards?

Dude is heading into his 2nd full NHL season and has overtaken Dillon already. Who I agree is still a good player. It's not just the prospect dweeb buying in here, our coach has now too..

Just like Dillon, limited offense but simple can be a great thing.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Although he did have a nice assist.

This is the Scheifele we all deserve. Although a very small sample size, he’s doing everything well (except fighting, but he showed up). And talk about face off dominance!

Yep and yep.

To be Perfair to Perfetti, and as severalk folks have noted, this is what his learning curve has always looked like. Start slowly and carefully, adapt to the position and level of play, and then take off. We saw it in the A on the wing and then at centre, and we saw it in the NHL. Plays like his assist on the DM goal last night remind us us just how good his passing and vision are. Right now he's playing the position as coached and comfortably winning matchups with a winger in Ehlers who's playing his first games of the season and another in NN who's timing has been miles off -- expecting to see him starting to click over the next 15-20 games.

Otherwise agree that early returns suggest a quick, high-pressure style that runs 4 solid lines and is a blast to watch. If this is the new-look Jets then I'm really excited for the season,

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Im a Bones fan but he is terrible managing 6on5 - I don't know what it is

Reactions: GNP

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Went to check the boxscore and the TOI doesn't add up... :huh:

The problem at 6 on 5 is he puts out the same guys over and over and they make the same mistakes over and over
Agreed... reminded me of Maurice's OT plan... lets play exhausted Buff Wheels and Scheif for a 2 min shift

Reactions: NA Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad