Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Panthers 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think he has potential to exceed DeMelo, if for no other reason then by size. But the type is probably accurate.

I wouldn't say that Dillon has a higher HIQ. He is less mistake prone. He is also slower - and getting more so, I think. Still adequate.
I'd still ike to see
Jomo-Samberg
Dillon-DeMelo
Schmidt-Pionk

Id also have DeMelo on PP2 since he seems to be a sniper now

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Dylan Demelo
This is how we do it - Montell Jordan

Neal Pionk
Renegade - Styx

Brenden Dillon
Bennie and the Jets - Elton John

Vlad Namestnikov
This ain't a scene, it's an arms race - Fall Out Boy

Alex Iafallo
Nothing but a good time - Poison

Gabe Vilardi
Macarena (Bayside Boys Remix) - Los Del Rio

Rasmus Kupari
Flamethrower - The J. Geils Band

Adam Lowry
Lil Boo Thang - Paul Russell

David Gustafsson
Levels - AVICII

Mason Appleton
Keg in the closet - Kenny Chesney

Nikolaj Ehlers
House on Fire - Jonah Blacksmith

Morgan Barron
Home for a Rest - Spirit of the West

Josh Morrissey
Magic in the Air - Magic System, Chawki

Declan Chisholm
It's Tricky - Run DMC

Dylan Samberg
Let's Go Crazy - Prince

Mark Scheifele
Ain't no mountain high enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Nino Niederreiter
Disco Inferno - Syzz, Nora Van Elken

Logan Stanley
White Horse - Chris Stapleton

Kyle Connor
Hell Yeah - Rev Theory

Nate Schmidt
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO

Cole Perfetti
Party Till We Die - MAKJ & Timmy Trumpet

Connor Hellebuyck
Gangnam Style - PSY
Glad they gave Helle a choice. If Brossoit scores, maybe there will be no song at all.

• Haha
Reactions: None

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Och, Aye... and I missed a great game, befeckit engagements!

I've watched the JoMo handoff now about a dozen times on TSN... lovely stuff.

Coelacanth of the game

Captain Lurchalot (Big Adam Lowry)

View attachment 753244

coelacanths.jpg

Salmonid of the game

Josh Morrissey

Josh-Morrissey-ready-for-slapper.jpg

knockout-fish.gif

That bottom GIF is hilarious :laugh:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Dylan Demelo
This is how we do it - Montell Jordan

Neal Pionk
Renegade - Styx

Brenden Dillon
Bennie and the Jets - Elton John

Vlad Namestnikov
This ain't a scene, it's an arms race - Fall Out Boy

Alex Iafallo
Nothing but a good time - Poison

Gabe Vilardi
Macarena (Bayside Boys Remix) - Los Del Rio

Rasmus Kupari
Flamethrower - The J. Geils Band

Adam Lowry
Lil Boo Thang - Paul Russell

David Gustafsson
Levels - AVICII

Mason Appleton
Keg in the closet - Kenny Chesney

Nikolaj Ehlers
House on Fire - Jonah Blacksmith

Morgan Barron
Home for a Rest - Spirit of the West

Josh Morrissey
Magic in the Air - Magic System, Chawki

Declan Chisholm
It's Tricky - Run DMC

Dylan Samberg
Let's Go Crazy - Prince

Mark Scheifele
Ain't no mountain high enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Nino Niederreiter
Disco Inferno - Syzz, Nora Van Elken

Logan Stanley
White Horse - Chris Stapleton

Kyle Connor
Hell Yeah - Rev Theory

Nate Schmidt
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO

Cole Perfetti
Party Till We Die - MAKJ & Timmy Trumpet

Connor Hellebuyck
Gangnam Style - PSY

I hope Iaffalo scores a lot this season. I wouldn't mind hearing that song 🤘

• Love
Reactions: snowkiddin

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
Can anyone confirm what the attendance of the home opener was? I have a friend who is an extreme pessimist (more like pest sometimes haha) that attended the game and said there were lots of empty seats, and is now on a rant that he thinks the team will be in financial trouble. I didn't see the game so I have no idea and it didn't sound like a good turnout according to him, but I'm choosing not to go down that negative rabbit hole unless there is proof to what he thinks.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
What would be your goal song?

I think there’s a real opportunity for some comedy here. I’d select Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 by Johann Sebastian Bach, personally.
Let's hope it's this version:

Can anyone confirm what the attendance of the home opener was? I have a friend who is an extreme pessimist (more like pest sometimes haha) that attended the game and said there were lots of empty seats, and is now on a rant that he thinks the team will be in financial trouble. I didn't see the game so I have no idea, but I'm choosing not to go down that rabbit hole.
According to some guys on TV this morning, there was more than 2,000 unsold seats for our opener.

None

Feb 22, 2012

I think there’s a real opportunity for some comedy here. I’d select Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 by Johann Sebastian Bach, personally.

One Great City by The Weakerthans if you played for the Jets and really wanted to mess with fans :laugh:

For a real answer probably Go With the Flow by Queens of the Stone Age or The King of the Streets by Lazerhawk.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Do jets suck when the other teams net is pulled? I recall a few games from last year where leads were blown.
I know I've said repeatedly that I'm only here for the speed and excitement of the game and couldn't care less about statistics, BUT...

Your comment has piqued my curiosity (cf: avatar). Can one of you experts direct me to a website which compiles the success rate for each team for scoring or defending in an empty net situation?

Reactions: Stumbledore

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
One Great City by The Weakerthans if you played for the Jets and really wanted to mess with fans :laugh:

For a real answer probably Go With the Flow by Queens of the Stone Age or The King of the Streets by Lazerhawk.
If my Bach choice gets overruled, I’d probably go with Lovin’ Every Minute Of It by Loverboy or Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen

Reactions: None

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Clear interference by Tachchuk on Chef but Chef got the extra two minutes. Totally weird
Not that weird. They call retaliation penalties a lot, and Scheifele was slashing him.

Not to say they didn't let an interference penalty go.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He is improving, but Dillon is more valuable and, frankly, better right now. Dillon has often been underrated in my view anyway.

As I said, Samberg is improving and should become a complimentary third pair guy on a top team. Maybe a fourth defenseman. Maybe. But my reaction has been to the nonstop gushing over the guy since before he played a single game for the Moose or Jets.
I don't agree with that. Last year Pionk-Dillon was a mess and Samberg-Schmidt was among the best pairings in the league in preventing goals. This year (only 2 games) Dillon-Schmidt is a mess and Samberg-Pionk are absolutely crushing their competition. Dillon is good but Samberg has been better since about the 30 game mark last season. I don't agree that Dillon is less mistake prone either.

Also I feel like we've had this discussion before, but I think you're misremembering the Samberg hype. He was viewed as a prospect that plays the type of game that would translate to the NHL, he was never considered likely to be a top pairing defenseman or anything.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Dillon is less mistake prone. Dillon is our only nuclear deterrent other than Lowry. Dillon plays the body better.

…and yes, Dillon has a higher hockey IQ.

Demelo is superior right now. Pionk is superior right now.

Samberg is younger and cheaper. He may one day be “steadier” than Dillon. That’s about it.

Gotta understand, I wasn’t putting Samberg down, but to insinuate he will soon be our second best defenseman is hyperbol. He will continue to improve, but I can’t see him having much offensive upside and his physicality isn’t that impressive. As long as he plays a no risk game, he is capable of some cool plays (I saw that against Calgary). Does he have potential to be another Demelo when he peaks? Sure, I think so. Not there yet though.
Dillon, a "nuclear deterrent"... uh huh 😆

Peluso, sure. Dillon, not so sure.

Reactions: WolfHouse

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

You can never really go wrong with Bach, the first heavy metal musician.

Goal song - I'll have to go with good old Clutch.

As I don't score much anymore (goals lads, goals) this song will do for events like finding a fiver in your winter jacket, publishing in a good journal, getting a fatboy with extra pickles at Dairy Whip in St. B.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I remember LA fans on here said Kupari showed flashes and were most hurt losing him in the Dubois trade. We saw his speed in the preseason but great to see him convert. I agree that he may be the steal in that trade. That fourth line is honestly the best I’ve seen for Jets 2.0. Ah depth is such a wonderful sight to see.
That would be me.. Kupari has all the makings of Kempe 2.0, but he’s just bigger, faster and probably has a harder shot. He’s a 2-way player no doubt unless you’re Todd dumbass McLellan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad