Post-Game Talk: Jets 5-Devils-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Holy ****. I don’t even know what to say. Jack had a miserable game, but in what universe does an AHL fodder-level possession anchor add “stability” to a line. You want stability, you put Coleman there. Or you put Jack at wing next to Zacha or Zajac. Jesus Christ.
Hayden only played 1:27 in the third and was on for 2 goals against.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Holy ****. I don’t even know what to say. Jack had a miserable game, but in what universe does an AHL fodder-level possession anchor add “stability” to a line. You want stability, you put Coleman there. Or you put Jack at wing next to Zacha or Zajac. Jesus Christ.

I wonder what Dellow and Matt Cane think of that decision.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Putting blame on an 18 yr old is pretty laughable.
I don't think it's blame.... I think people are looking for things to bitch about specifically not to critique Hughes performance.

In a "Nothing to see here, move along" kind of way.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I would like to see the Corsi numbers through 2 periods. I’m thinking that shift that led to the tying goals skewed things a bit.

The Gusev-Hughes-Bratt line was 4-7 with 0 Ozone starts, 2 Dzone starts and 4 on the fly starts. Still bad but the 3rd period he must've gotten outshot like 2-10 or something. It's safe to say putting Hayden there was moronic

Reactions: My3Sons and Blender

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It's easy to give Hynes credit when we look good in a losing effort, but now that he actually has the horses it's pretty obvious that his decision making is the weak link on this team.

Reactions: MilwaukeeDevil

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I don't think it's blame.... I think people are looking for things to ***** about specifically not to critique Hughes performance.

In a "Nothing to see here, move along" kind of way.
Hughes sucked but still wasn’t a -4

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Gusev-Hughes-Bratt line was 4-7 with 0 Ozone starts, 2 Dzone starts and 4 on the fly starts. Still bad but the 3rd period he must've gotten outshot like 2-10 or something. It's safe to say putting Hayden there was moronic

They got caught out there for like 5 minutes on the way to the eventual tying goal. They had a few chances to clear and didn’t. Hayden definitely did and of course Severson.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
As a Rangers fan....Im annoyed af you guys got Gusev. He is really good

Overall one of the few bright spots tonight over the course of 60 minutes. A couple of soft defensive plays, but the offensive skill is obviously there and seems to constantly be a threat. We’ll see how consistent he can be though.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
@Emperoreddy no looking at spreadsheets, severson sucked but vats had a good game, some people would defend severson to death but turn around and say vats blows
Severson was significantly better than Vatanen last season. Vatanen almost certainly shouldn’t be and won’t be resigned. I like him, but he’s injury prone and will be overpaid.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
He did some absurdly stupid **** tho. Tried to carry it out through the middle next to his own net. Twice. Lost puck in slot both times. That **** is INSANE and flat out selfish at the NHL level. Unacceptable.

Oh, and a dumb telegraphed drop pass that easily could have led to a 2 on 1. This isn't the USHL. Stop playing like it is.

Not being a hater or whatever...but he had a horrendous game. Gusev on the otherh and I thought looked great.

We can point out he did not play well, but again - NHL rookie in first NHL game. And a NHL rookie who needs to play aggressive and risky to perform, as that's the game of a player like Hughes. He's going to make mistakes. That's both anticipated and desired. The last thing we want is for him to make every safe play and cripple his offensive instincts.

Again, Hall is a pending UFA looking to be paid. He's a veteran and the team leader. This is his team. And he was invisible.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We can point out he did not play well, but again - NHL rookie in first NHL game. And a NHL rookie who needs to play aggressive and risky to perform, as that's the game of a player like Hughes. He's going to make mistakes. That's both anticipated and desired. The last thing we want is for him to make every safe play and cripple his offensive instincts.

Again, Hall is a pending UFA looking to be paid. He's a veteran and the team leader. This is his team. And he was invisible.

Didn’t Hall lead the team in shots? He was through 2 periods at least.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

First game since December.

Reactions: The 29th Pick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad