Post-Game Talk: Jets 5-Devils-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I'm pretty disappointed in the big guns failing to respond. Granted, Hughes is a literal child, so whatever. But Hall was invisible in the 3rd, Nico won some faceoffs but didn't create, Palmieri vanished.

Goose and Wood were really the only ones pushing in the 3rd. Everyone just kind of sat around and watched and seemed happy to be there.

Hall was the real problem. This is where Taylor Hall has to be Taylor Hall, where he has to earn his pending $11M contract. And he did nothing.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I always hate venting about the refs but I do feel like it was a bit one sided tonight.

Not a real detriment on the outcome of the game though, just thought they weren’t the best.
They didn't cost us this game, but they were awful. We had 4 or 5 guys buried without the puck in their end with no call, Hughes got hooked brutally in OT with no call, etc.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Over coached. There was no reason to shuffle the lines. They were fine all night.

I don’t think that is fair. I said before the season that we were likely to see the centers shuffled up and down the lineup given that an 18 yo Hughes likely is going to be bad defensively and need to be protected.

So with a lead he moved up Zacha (who had a strong game to that point) and Wood to help try and protect it and played them with Bratt (who has the trust at this point).

It’s overall fine. If you are going to criticize, maybe just swap Zacha and Hughes. Gusev, Zacha and Bratt has a strong shift together in period 1 leading to the opening goal. But obviously Hynes doesn’t trust Gusev defensively either.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Did the Devils lose the timeout because of Corey’s injury?

The “nail in the coffin” goal is the one that happens right at the end of period.

2. Ill give the team a pass tonight, at least they got a point. The Goaltending change probably tripled the Jets momentum. Furthermore, Blackwood looked sloppy. Frenetic//chaos, shots bouncing everywhere, he was sliding out of way out of position. The Devils had great stretches in the 3rd. Did ok in the overtime. I thought for the obvious reasons they would probably lose the S/O. (Wood needs to learn how to finish = victory.)

Reactions: My3Sons

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

ahahaahaahahahahahhaha. Being big can take you far as a hockey player

Holy ****. I don’t even know what to say. Jack had a miserable game, but in what universe does an AHL fodder-level possession anchor add “stability” to a line. You want stability, you put Coleman there. Or you put Jack at wing next to Zacha or Zajac. Jesus Christ.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
@Emperoreddy no looking at spreadsheets, severson sucked but vats had a good game, some people would defend severson to death but turn around and say vats blows

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Hughes was a rookie in his first NHL game coming off a very good preseason. He gets to have some slack.
He did some absurdly stupid shit tho. Tried to carry it out through the middle next to his own net. Twice. Lost puck in slot both times. That shit is INSANE and flat out selfish at the NHL level. Unacceptable.

Oh, and a dumb telegraphed drop pass that easily could have led to a 2 on 1. This isn't the USHL. Stop playing like it is.

Not being a hater or whatever...but he had a horrendous game. Gusev on the otherh and I thought looked great.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hynes stinks

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad