Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Buffalo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Missed the game, sounds like we stole this one.

Attended my first AA meeting in support of my son.
All ages, and all walks of life, I wish them well.
All the best to you, your Son and rest of your family with his addiction battle. It’s rough - but love, support and honesty are the keys to success, in my experience.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chaos4- take my + Energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Haven't really noticed Scheifele out there in the last 3-4 games ? Hope he gets his act together, and plays like he's capable of. He doesn't have the wingers like PLD does though, and Perfetti hasn't been in the lineup much.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The good news is the Jets won tonight and the Hellebuyck that we all know and love is back. The bad news, we really didn't play very well, the team look lethargic (due to the flu?) and we play again tomorrow night against the Pen-things. Because of that, I give the game two out of five puns...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against said Pen-things has been posted. Don't forget to sign up to make your very own GDT, just like @Zhamnov5GoalGame will be doing for tomorrow's tilt with Pittsburgh. We look forward to seeing your magic...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I thought Cole looked good in the 1st period as well ? I just hope he's not one of these soft players that's injured or sick all the time. He's a good young player, but seems he can't stay in the lineup. I guess time will tell. I like him when he plays.

I mean it seems he just has the flu that is going through the whole team so no big deal there.

Reactions: Jets 31

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
its time for the jets to consider benching pionk for a few games...he has been brutal this year and the jets have some depth on defense

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I thought we lost our legs as the game went along and Helly pulled one out for us. It was the opposite type of game with the Detroit one where we sucked early and dominated the rest of the game.

It all kind of evens out though. Buffalo reminds me a bit like that 2015/16 Jets team really good but too wild for prime time yet

Yeah they have a lot of nice pieces and look to be on the rise. My guess is they have a Devil like ascent next year. Especially if they sort out their tending.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I mean it seems he just has the flu that is going through the whole team so no big deal there.
Perfetti was +1 with 3 shots in 10 minutes of ice while puking between periods. I thought he gave all he could given how sick he was. His game score from Natural Statrick was still 4th highest on the entire team and he made a great pick on the face off win to set up the first goal.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Fundamentals were a result of the 3 first goals tonight. All on faceoff wins and losses. I know people love the Connor-Dubois-Ehlers line because they can dazzle with skill, but they have some real deficiencies defending so far. Tonight's GWG could have easily been a game losing shift, I mean there's Samberg on the boards in a battle, Dubois engaged as well, and Josh goes into the same board battle to finish a check which leaves the front of the net wide open, without the winger support, and through the grace of God, Hellebuyck's ability to stretch out to the far post, and a good recovery effort from Samberg, that puck doesn't go in, and then ends up as breakaway for the winning goal. I thought Dubois had some very rough shifts in his own end tonight. For me Adam Lowry was the one centre who was noticeable all game. Loved the physicality out there. Battle level was high.

I have to give Wheels some credit, he isn't fast anymore, but going to the net was the reason for the opening goal. Out there blocking shots, diving in the crease, and making moves too. The old guy can still play.

I also liked Maenalanen's game tonight, for his first game back, he was strong on the puck, and strong on the boards. I think that's the absolute opposite of AJF, who I noticed sat a lot at the end. He was careless with the puck for a couple of bad turnovers, soft on the board battles, and not really physically engaged in coverage either, which created the tying goal. His saving grace is being able to skate fast enough to win a breakaway or negate an icing or two. If someone comes out of the lineup for Barron coming back, I'd probably take him out before Kuhlman, who at least was battling out there tonight.

This was a big win against a good Sabres team. Hellebuyck's ability to bounce back from rough outings is a godsend for this team.

Tomorrow's game might be a tough one, I don't expect the team to have the legs, but there's still a good chance to get out of a hard week's work at .500 because of the perseverance tonight.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
its time for the jets to consider benching pionk for a few games...he has been brutal this year and the jets have some depth on defense
I loved watching him battle with Thompson on the PP, that was a good matchup. I counted about 6 or 7 passes of his that became offensive zone situations as a result. He blocked a couple of big shots, played a smart game. He's definitely not going to get benched after this game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's obvious that the only way the Jets are making a deep playoff run is if Hellebuyck is like this. Last game was probably weird, he was probably shitting himself between periods or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad