Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Buffalo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I know a lot of guys are going to say we played badly and deserved to lose but I'm thinking this victory balances out the universe in which we play well enough to win and still end up losing some games. Thank goodness for Hellebuyck!

I'd also say a good game by Samberg on a night when the rest of the defence was terrible.

I'm a big fan of the scowly Perfetti but he really should have been benched after the lazy indifference of those first two periods. He's forgotten the hustle and desire which earned him a place on the big team. If Wheeler can't talk some drive into him, perhaps a few games on the Moose might remind him of what it takes to be a regular Jet.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Didn't see the last two. Can someone tell me why Perfetti got the shaft ice time wise? He didn't even make 10 minutes tonight?
weird sequence of penalty's in the last 10 mins of them game that could have taken some of the ice time away since he rarely is out there at the end of the game when we have a lead, he could be sick is also a possibility

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
They call him Mello Yellow……

Helleboi back to form

3 out of 5 Schwarzeneggers

1673577842423.gif
1673577842423.gif
1673577842423.gif

Onwards and Upwards!!

Nov 24, 2006
We’ve looked a lot like the Jets of the last few years in these last three games. Lots of high danger chances against and difficulty getting out of our zone. This would have been a blowout if not for Helle.

Not a great feeling because it started when our injured players came back.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Ugly ugly ugly game.

One of their worse efforts this season, with the bad d-zone play, the soft turnovers and the untimely penalties, this was a the trifecta of suck. Just so many dumb things going on- breakaways against on the PP, overpassing with a few seconds left in the period and nearly another breakaway on the PP, Tuch getting behind Pionk and generating 2 scoring chances for no reason, that Wheeler penalty on the 4on4 at a critical time, that silly icing by Samberg near the end of the game which led to o-zone faceoffs and a sequence in which the Sabres almost scored, whatever KC was doing on the Oloffson gaol . No one is gonna remember this game in a week but for me it is up there with the Vegas game as one of their worst.

Perfetti no shifts in the last 11 minutes, either injured or benched. Ehlers no shifts in the last 4.5 mins. The fact that Bones seems to trust Kuhlman over Ehlers late in the game to shut it down and with the EN should be absolutely terrifying for everyone and isn't a good sign for us getting rid of this guy when Barron is healthy.

55 was really rough tonight. This is the guy I am most worried about, he was like this a couple of games ago as well against either Tampa or Vancouver. If he starts to revert to his habits from the last 2 seasons we are doomed. Hope Bones nips it in the bud fast.

Pionk bad after a good game.

Glad to have Ehlers back. Saku had some nice shifts coming back from injury. Lowry solid and done dirty with that penalty.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I know a lot of guys are going to say we played badly and deserved to lose but I'm thinking this victory balances out the universe in which we play well enough to win and still end up losing some games. Thank goodness for Hellebuyck!

I'd also say a good game by Samberg on a night when the rest of the defence was terrible.

I'm a big fan of the scowly Perfetti but he really should have been benched after the lazy indifference of those first two periods. He's forgotten the hustle and desire which earned him a place on the big team. If Wheeler can't talk some drive into him, perhaps a few games on the Moose might remind him of what it takes to be a regular Jet.

I didn't see anything wrong with Cole in the first. He cleanly got the puck out of his end and spearheaded what transition his line had that period. Also made a grade A chance saving d play. I didn't see the second so can't comment on anything after.

Reactions: GNP and Ginger Papa

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We’ve looked a lot like the last few years Jets the last three games. Lots of high danger chances against. This would have been a blowout if not for Helle.

Not a great feeling because it started when our injured players came back.
They’ll get back to their structure. The Sabres play a very loose game and we kind of bought in trusting Helly to save the day.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers looked sloppy tonight, turning over pucks etc, and the rest of the forwards were not playing the intensity they need too. Helle won the game for us tonight. Very very bad game from Nik out there tonight, and not hustling out there, and I think Bowness pulled him late in the 3rd period.

Last edited:

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Couple of thoughts on what I saw.
Samberg looks less sloppy than he has previously.
Not surprised that Ehlers and Wheeler are a bit off, especially Ehlers.
I expect some of the other problems are walking wounded.
Seems like some serious structure breakdowns since the infirmary cleared.
If Schieffle is hurt does he need his ice time reduced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad