Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Buffalo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Couple of thoughts on what I saw.
Samberg looks less sloppy than he has previously.
Not surprised that Ehlers and Wheeler are a bit off, especially Ehlers.
I expect some of the other problems are walking wounded.
Seems like some serious structure breakdowns since the infirmary cleared.
If Schieffle is hurt does he need his ice time reduced?
Samberg has really learned on the job.
Had a really tough stretch but he does show progress and promise.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If the Jets play Pittsburgh tomorrow, with the same lack of intensity, and loose defensive play, they will get eaten alive. They have to use their speed and passion, and stop taken stupid penalties. They won't get away with this against the Penns.
The Pens will play a much more structured game, which should suit the Jets just fine. I expect a kind of boring low scoring road game tomorrow.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Missed the game, sounds like we stole this one.
raccoon-stealing.gif

Attended my first AA meeting in support of my son.
All ages, and all walks of life, I wish them well.

You're going to need to be better tomorrow Jets!

In the meantime...
We won gma!
Screenshot_20230110-153419~3.png

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Wheeler has been off since he popped a testi and had to have it serviced in an unfun way.

I guess we can cut him a bit of slack, but what a difference in his play pre-nutbuster vs post.

Here's hoping for the return of the resurgent Wheeler that we have had this year.

Yeah. He's half the man he used to be...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I'm surprised that flu shots aren't mandatory. But there would probably be a lot of pushback from the players and PA.

Yeah considering how many teams are within 4-5 points of the playoff line, these games missed due to flu/illness can literally be the difference between making the playoffs and cost the ownership group several million dollars. It's just prudent from a financial perspective for owners.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I thought we lost our legs as the game went along and Helly pulled one out for us. It was the opposite type of game with the Detroit one where we sucked early and dominated the rest of the game.

It all kind of evens out though. Buffalo reminds me a bit like that 2015/16 Jets team really good but too wild for prime time yet

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I didn't see anything wrong with Cole in the first. He cleanly got the puck out of his end and spearheaded what transition his line had that period. Also made a grade A chance saving d play. I didn't see the second so can't comment on anything after.
I thought Cole looked good in the 1st period as well ? I just hope he's not one of these soft players that's injured or sick all the time. He's a good young player, but seems he can't stay in the lineup. I guess time will tell. I like him when he plays.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Samberg has really learned on the job.
Had a really tough stretch but he does show progress and promise.
I totally agree with you on Samberg, as he always looks poised out there, and is getting better all the time. I think he's one of our best defenseman, although maybe I'm in the minority here. He has a lot of upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad