Jets 2018-19 end of season interviews

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Maurice's interview was surprisingly insiteful. Seems he had trouble getting the scorers to take their defensive responsibilities seriously enough after last year and with all the goals they scored. I didn't care how side stepped the if players like Mark needed to do better. Still too much pointing the finger at the youth. The team leaders were some of the biggest culprits defensively.

That's what he is good at.
Otherwise he wont last as long.

There is always hope after he speaks to the media.

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
They'll be able to run a recording of this year's exit interviews next year. Gives them an extra few days for the sorely needed vacation after those six grueling playoff games.

Since the person that normally posts this rejoinder seems to be missing from the discussion, I will step in on their behalf and comment...

It's pretty clear you've never played the game of hockey. 15 seconds into your shift, your muscles are cramping up. After 30 seconds, breathing becomes difficult. 45 seconds, you're in danger of passing out and having an aneurysm. 60 seconds in, spontaneous human combustion can occur. It's a fact. Think about that before shitting all over our players.

:sarcasm:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Chevy was just talking about how there may be a big shake up the summer in regards to our roster. I could see him trying to move on from Kulikov, Perreault, Morrow and potentially Trouba if a long term deal can't be done. I think he will be very keen on keeping Tanev so that will be a factor.

That's not a shake up. That's getting rid of a malcontent and some dead weight. You want a shake up, you gotta bite deep into that rotting apple.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Laine and Ehlers always give good interviews IMO.
Trouba didn't seem to have a great attitude, wouldn't be surprised if he's gone unfortunately.
Sounds like there's a chance Hayes will come back, but it's far from a sure thing.

Reactions: irunthepeg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Regarding Trouba Pretty much confirms what I knew already that guy is as dumb as a post and appears to have next to no personality. He sounds completely diss interested in coming back here. That’s fine with me! He is not is good as he thinks he is. Hopefully other teams do you.

That pretty much sums up Trouba. And to think his Dad thinks he can be marketed. His endorsement ceiling is probably Bill's Sticky Fingers in Portage. Can't you see Jacob and Donnie in this commercial? :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Something the gullible like. The smart ones are walking away from his snake oil stand.

The only things of note that I took from him was:

• The offensive players didn't feel like they needed to play defense
  • He has to smooth over some ruffled feathers (So unhappy players in the room)
The problems as I see it:
  • How does he expect to get them to start playing properly in their own end when he couldn't get them to do it this past year. Contrary to the youth theme its players with significant experience like Wheeler, Mark and Buff who are among the biggest culprits. It seems that while Wheeler may run through a wall for Moe, he doesn't see the need to play responsibly in his own end for him.
  • How does he expect to win over some of the players who are going to be expecting larger roles when he refuses to deviate from his Wheeler/Scheifele combo as well as running his checking line big minutes. Unless he is willing to change his philosophy I would imagine he will have a hard time in this regard.
  • He didn't have any ideas on how to fix the issues other then hope the young players play better

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Here’s the thing. Last year Ehlers didn’t score a goal in the playoffs but still produced. Most people just chalked it up to him being young and his first playoffs. There will be growing pains.

Fast forward to this year and after a few games it starts getting mentioned that he still hasn’t scored a playoff goal. Well naturally people start thinking that maybe he’s just not good regardless of how he’s playing simply because he isn’t scoring or producing points yet for several games was playing as well as or better than Connor.

It’s human nature to think a player isn’t playing well if he’s not producing but it tends to escalate to a whole different level. We saw the same thing with Laine this year.

I’m a bit surprised more people aren’t encouraged by his interview today. Seemed extremely committed to improving and getting better. Has exactly the type of attitude and commitment you want from a young player going through struggles. Part of me thinks that maybe Maurice knows how committed he is and how much he pushes himself that he holds him to a bit of a higher standard. That he puts him in a position to push himself harder. Of course it may not always look like that but I think there may be something to that.

Well OK, I'll give him a bit more time before he starts getting the nobody important treatment. Similar to the Sip treatment, but with more crotch staining. :nod:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Then why didn't he ****ing do something to correct that? This is why so many people think that we need a new coach.

Yup, if the players didn't feel the need to listen to him this past year what will be different this year? I think the org is taking a bit of risk in hoping that the disappointment of the season will make the players more receptive to Maurice's message and they will buy in and start playing more responsibly. The biggest issue for me is that unless the vets feel they need to start playing responsibly the rest of the talented players really can't be expected to do so as well. One of Moe's biggest flaws is he can't hold his vets accountable.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I mean I think we could get ripped off in a Trouba trade, but I think we just need to get rid of him, but I don't mean ripped off the same way Chiarelli did in almost every single trade he made with Edmonton.

I hope Chevy can land something good for him.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Based on his last interview, I think Trouba has played his last game as a Jet and will be dealt on or before the draft.

I had a hell of a time understanding his oratory. Kind of like if Jabba the Hutt melded with Sly Stallone.

But... I'll guess that his face failed to light up with raw and unbridled glee at the suggestion he stay a Jet. :laugh:

Reactions: Guardian17

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I saw some of the posters here exit interview for the offseason :naughty:

I think some due to heart breaking ending will take soome away time off.

For me i'll hang around but less posting.

But i'll ramp it up by August again to get myself into shape.

More eyes on them :cool:

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I mean I think we could get ripped off in a Trouba trade, but I think we just need to get rid of him, but I don't mean ripped off the same way Chiarelli did in almost every single trade he made with Edmonton.

I hope Chevy can land something good for him.
If we get 80 cents on the dollar, I'll be happy.

Reactions: DudeWhereIsMakar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad