Jets 2018-19 end of season interviews

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Injury News:

Nikolaj Ehlers confirmed he had a fracture in his leg.

Patrik Laine said he’s been dealing with a back issue for the past couple of seasons. Said he has a minor groin issue in the playoffs.

Brandon Tanev confirmed he had broken a finger and had surgery on it.

Josh Morrissey confirmed that he was dealing with a shoulder injury. Said it didn’t and wouldn’t require surgery.

Laurent Brossoit indicated he was dealing with a minor hamstring issue.

Player Audio
:

Hear from Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele, Andrew Copp, Adam Lowry, Nikolaj Ehlers, Bryan Little, Patrik Laine, Jacob Trouba, Brandon Tanev, Tyler Myers, Josh Morrissey, Kevin Hayes & Laurent Brossoit.

To listen click here.

Reactions: Guardian17

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Trouba's is the most telling. He's gone and has no desire to stay. I always had hope we could just lock him up long term... until hearing him this AM.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Same as after last year when we lost. Trot out the injury report, makes fans feel better.

I have breaking news. Other playoff teams have their own injury issues that they manage. Injury report is fine. Just don't use it as another lame excuse for why we couldnt find our game for most of the year and why we are out early.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Same as after last year when we lost. Trot out the injury report, makes fans feel better.

I have breaking news. Other playoff teams have their own injury issues that they manage. Injury report is fine. Just don't use it as another lame excuse for why we couldnt find our game for most of the year and why we are out early.

I don't care to use the injuries as an "excuse" but it's nice to confirm when you think a guy just doesn't look right.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Laine - last COUPLE of seasons? That's alarming.
No Schiefele injury - also alarming.

Not one that was released at least. Some players still don't disclose ailments after the season - I think mostly personal choice.

I was happy to see FeFe, Wheeler and Laine all passing on the world championships. I know again personal choice, but after such high expectations and getting bounced in the first round - I would/will be pretty frustrated at anyone cleaning out their locker and then jumping on a plane to go play more hockey.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Night and day between Trouba and Myers attitudes towards staying. Myers obviously wants to be here and knows the role he will have going forward if that happens. Trouba obviously thinks he will be saddled behind Buff in big situations for the remainder of Buffs contract at least. I think Trouba is done as a Jet after this year. Hopefully Chevy can get the most out of that situation.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Listening again to Wheeler and I'm a bit annoyed when he said that he brought who he was every day. There were plenty of times where he played sub par. Nobody brings their best everyday. I really hope he is not satisfied with his all around performance this past season.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Seriously what insane coach would play an injured player?
What happened to player safety?
What happened to team depth?
I hope the league steps in and fines the Jets ... take it out of Maurice's salary.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Listening again to Wheeler and I'm a bit annoyed when he said that he brought who he was every day. There were plenty of times where he played sub par. Nobody brings their best everyday. I really hope he is not satisfied with his all around performance this past season.
Wheeler does seem to like himself a bit. It appears to be rubbing off on Scheifele. Reason #20 to get a new coach in here.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Yeah he needs a summer of self-reflection.

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wheeler does seem to like himself a bit. It appears to be rubbing off on Scheifele. Reason #20 to get a new coach in here.

I'm not sure that changes how they view themselves. Bringing a new coach that tries to shake up their attitudes could very much be what implodes the team completely. You start messing with an entrenched leadership group and you might as well just sign a 1 year deal as a coach because you won't last long.

Reactions: DuckyChuck

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think he meant more as a person and a leader. Every player on this team sugar coats their performance on bad nights. I think it's something that they do as a team towards the media. You start coming in with a loser attitude every day, especially from the top and the guys at the bottom buy into the loser attitude and all the sudden you are the Edmonton Oilers. Where everything is your fault because you suck and you just never get away from the loser mentality even when things seem to be going right.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Not one that was released at least. Some players still don't disclose ailments after the season - I think mostly personal choice.

I was happy to see FeFe, Wheeler and Laine all passing on the world championships. I know again personal choice, but after such high expectations and getting bounced in the first round - I would/will be pretty frustrated at anyone cleaning out their locker and then jumping on a plane to go play more hockey.

They are not participating because they heared they wont be on the same line ;)

Just lighting up the mood a little bit :) here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->