Jets 2018-19 end of season interviews

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I can't wait to get a new coach so i can call him a idiot everyday and hope he gets fired . It's never the actual players on the ice that cause teams to win or lose . Maybe Laine not scoring might have been some of the problem , maybe Ehlers not scoring , maybe Helly not having a veizna type of year , maybe Buff missing a bunch of games, maybe Morrissey missing a bunch of games . Maurice ain't perfect but no coach is , some are putting all the blame on Maurice but maybe, just maybe are players aren't as good as we think and we overachieved last season .

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I can't wait to get a new coach so i can call him a idiot everyday and hope he gets fired . It's never the actual players on the ice that cause teams to win or lose . Maybe Laine not scoring might have been some of the problem , maybe Ehlers not scoring , maybe Helly not having a veizna type of year , maybe Buff missing a bunch of games, maybe Morrissey missing a bunch of games . Maurice ain't perfect but no coach is , some are putting all the blame on Maurice but maybe, just maybe are players aren't as good as we think and we overachieved last season .

Maybe. We'll see. But it's a lot easier to replace a coach than it is a bunch of top players on your roster right? And don't you have any concerns at all about the fact that we went an entire season and apparently our coach was unable to get a bunch of "offensive" players (including our captain and a guy wearing an "A") to buy into the concept of team defense? No concerns about roster management? I mean I honestly can't believe Chef and Wheels were joined at the hip all season long in light of their often under-whelming performance. I don't necessarily think Maurice is the problem...but there are certainly some things that have me wondering about coaching.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Maybe. We'll see. But it's a lot easier to replace a coach than it is a bunch of top players on your roster right? And don't you have any concerns at all about the fact that we went an entire season and apparently our coach was unable to get a bunch of "offensive" players (including our captain and a guy wearing an "A") to buy into the concept of team defense? No concerns about roster management? I mean I honestly can't believe Chef and Wheels were joined at the hip all season long in light of their often under-whelming performance. I don't necessarily think Maurice is the problem...but there are certainly some things that have me wondering about coaching.
We bled shots against at an alarming rate

Reactions: kanadalainen

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I also think Maurice makes changes to lines, but only gives it a game or 2 to pay off before switching again - often back to what they were before the changes.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Yeah probably, but the rules say you can't just fire all the players, so...

Reactions: mondo3

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
If Maurice comes back next year with Connor - Scheif - Wheeler and Ehlers - Little - Laine... I’m going to blow chunks.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Regarding Trouba Pretty much confirms what I knew already that guy is as dumb as a post and appears to have next to no personality. He sounds completely diss interested in coming back here. That’s fine with me! He is not is good as he thinks he is. Hopefully other teams do you.

Can't tell if joking or unintentionally hilarious.

Reactions: Duke749

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm not saying Maurice doesn't need to be better in some areas , the Schief and Wheeler always together is head shaking , playing them on the PK is also a issue for me . The forwards not playing defense is a issue too , if they aren't listening to Maurice then ya , you might have to change the coach . I guess we will have our pick of coaches soon though , Tampa's , Nashville's , Calgary's , Toronto's after tonight . ;)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Lol, I have such a great punch line to that joke........ but it's inappropriate.

..... must resist :)

good-good-give-in-to-the-joke.jpg

Reactions: Aggie204
Nov 24, 2006
Trouba never gives useful interviews, his attitude in them is always the same. Don't take it as a general attitude thing - he just hates interviews.
To be honest, I don't think Trouba has a lot going on upstairs. This is not an intelligent person, it's obvious. He seems to be pretty smart at doing one thing though - answering a direct question.

I think it's time to punt Trouba. Take the best offer at this year's draft and move on.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I mean I think we could get ripped off in a Trouba trade, but I think we just need to get rid of him, but I don't mean ripped off the same way Chiarelli did in almost every single trade he made with Edmonton.

I hope Chevy can land something good for him.

I think people need to start lowering their expectations for what we'll get back. With one year left till UFA, almost all teams will see him as a rental. The few teams that Trouba desires as a long term destination might not even be interested in him. I expect Chevy has been shopping Trouba for a couple of years now and simply hasn't gotten the offers that would make the trade worthwhile. Now, those offers might be better than what he eventually gets for a player that is at his lowest possible trade value. I'm expecting nothing better than a first round pick and a prospect.

Nov 24, 2006
No selling needed... Every time he has had the chance for first line minutes he has produced just as much as Connor :dunno:

edit: I'll stop harping now, as I'm sure it's annoying for everyone else and go back to hoping Paul get's fired.
IMO, the "first line" looked their best this year with Ehlers on left wing, and not Connor. I like both players, but Ehlers is a unique talent with that skating ability.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Well the Scheifele and Wheeler combo isn't effective enough that they should be joined at the hip. Our coach should have given Scheifele and Laine an extended period of time this year to see what we had with them.

Also Ehlers was the only winger that played with those two that brought out the best in them.
I actually thought Connor brings out the best in them, but Ehlers isnt bad either. I'm just so upset with Maurice for never ever trying some other combination than Wheels-Scheif. Is there any other combo in the NHL that never gets separated no matter what?

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
To be honest, I don't think Trouba has a lot going on upstairs. This is not an intelligent person, it's obvious. He seems to be pretty smart at doing one thing though - answering a direct question.

I think it's time to punt Trouba. Take the best offer at this year's draft and move on.
You mean trying to hold the puck along the boards in our end with 25 seconds to go in a 2-2 game 5 in the playoffs that would have given us a 3-2 lead in the series if we won , isn't a smart hockey play ? :laugh: :shakehead Trouba is a dumbass .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I actually thought Connor brings out the best in them, but Ehlers isnt bad either. I'm just so upset with Maurice for never ever trying some other combination than Wheels-Scheif. Is there any other combo in the NHL that never gets separated no matter what?
Agreed and if Maurice did that because he didn't want to upset Wheeler , whooo boy . Too frigging bad if certain players only want to play with certain players , they'd get over it . Just look at the Avs , their best player got into a argument on the bench with his head coach and they obviously got over it .

Reactions: amethyst

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Back issues are highly variable. It's very difficult to compare one to another.

I'm sure this has been argued to death in replies I didn't read yet.. but I used to have some back issues that were pretty much solved by simply forgetting about "correct sitting position". Instead I keep pretty active when sitting down, frequently shifting my position. If despite this my back feels bad when going to sleep, I take lowish pre-emptive dose of 400mg of ibuprofen and feel much better in the morning (rather than risking the back problem waking me up and getting worse).

So yeah, it just depends on what particular issue he has.. but any issue that has already lingered for multiple years sounds like it might linger for a while longer..

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Copp does sound like he was to play centre and not wing so that could be one guy whose feathers r ruffled.....

Well he was our best centerman the last two months of the regular season, until Pomo, Pomo'd and he ended up on the wing on the 4th line while Little went to the number 2 center spot. In short, unless your one of the select few, your not going to be put into spots where you are going to succeed here.

Reactions: Benny27 and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad