Jets 2018-19 end of season interviews

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The interesting thing is MacK, Landy and Rantanen play more than Scheif and Wheeler.

Scheif - 21:52
Wheels - 20:43

MacKinnon - 22:05
Landeskog - 21:09
Rantanen - 20:51

They should have ran those guys into the ground but they have absolutely elevated in the playoffs.

Yes I agree. It's the same with all of our excuses we use around here for players. Other teams/players seem to do just fine giving it their all, through a complete season and into the playoffs.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
If you can show me a single instance of a Jet claiming an injury last season during their exit interview it would be news to me.

My recollection is not a single Jet said a word about being injured last year, despite in all likelihood many playing both the Nashville & Vegas series with various injuries.

The refusal to lay blame last season came up so much in the off season that I'm shocked anyone claiming to be a fan would state otherwise.

Well, last year they didn't play like crap and had no reason to cover their shame with excuses. Good times, relatively.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yes I agree. It's the same with all of our excuses we use around here for players. Other teams/players seem to do just fine giving it their all, through a complete season and into the playoffs.

Yeah ice time is a bullshit excuse IMO. Tons of guys play more and elevate their games continually in big game situations.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
No Buff or Helle exit interviews?

MV5BZmFlMWMwYmUtMGEwNS00ZWVlLTlkNjctYTQ4NWUxMTIxOTg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

Also, for perspective, Colorado barely made the playoffs and that line was split up for stretches.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Watched the player interviews...some thoughts..

1. Trade Trouba and his Detroit Tigers cap away...forever...to the planet Saturn...so had enough of him...

2. Laine came across as a bit of a punk. I see why Wheeler and Buff might have got annoyed with him.

3. Ehlers seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

4. Wheeler, still open to trading him quickly, I think we have until July 1..

5. Far and away the guys I enjoyed most were Lowry and Copp. Copp was polite and articulate. Lowry looked down but I think he really really cares. These are guys that can be big future leaders for us. I was really impressed with those two, just an all around positive vibe.

6. Many others wore baseball caps, kind of slightly unprofessional, IMO.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chevy talked up JoMo and his leadership. Expressed confidence in the coaching staff but also mentioned he would be evaluating all aspects of the org and looking for ways to improve. He wouldn't really answer Trouba questions. Has been in communication with Samberg and hopes to meet face to face. Looks to also start negotiations with his scorers soon.

Reactions: SM

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

1. Trade Trouba and his Detroit Tigers cap away...forever...to the planet Saturn...so had enough of him...

2. Laine came across as a bit of a punk. I see why Wheeler and Buff might have got annoyed with him.

5. Far and away the guys I enjoyed most were Lowry and Copp. Copp was polite and articulate. Lowry looked down but I think he really really cares. These are guys that can be big future leaders for us. I was really impressed with those two, just an all around positive vibe.

I agree wrt the ball caps. I mean I know it isn't a really big thing or anything...but it seems like it'd be a simple thing for the players to just wear Jets caps for the exit interviews after a crummy end to such a promising season.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I think that's exactly how he feels. I mean you can see a big difference in his stats when he gets ample PP time.
I think Trouba is a great player but if he’s concerned about his personal stats enough to make it a reason to want off the team, give him what he wants and don’t look back. It’s a terrible attitude.

Reactions: irunthepeg

ChevysDayOff

Nov 2, 2018
Winnipeg

I've always believed in maximizing the Trouba asset as long as it wasn't causing an issue in the room, I don't know if its a problem now or if it ever has been but something is off. If he is part of the problem then it is time to move him.

Agreed on Lowery and Copp, these are the types of guys you need to have if you want to have an impact in the playoffs down the line once the room is sorted out.

Reactions: irunthepeg

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Same as after last year when we lost. Trot out the injury report, makes fans feel better.

I have breaking news. Other playoff teams have their own injury issues that they manage. Injury report is fine. Just don't use it as another lame excuse for why we couldnt find our game for most of the year and why we are out early.

I like to hear injuries. Fans of other teams make my blood boil when they drop the "every team has injuries stop making excuses" its an old tiring line. As fans we like to know who was injured and what they played through, its always cool to hear IMO. And good to sometimes say oh ok thats why player A was garbage. NHL fans just another thing to cry about, how dare you list injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad