Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 First Playoff Win 3-2

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Playoff experience is over rated! So is a long history of playoff success.

Here's a piece of wisdom from my days of selling mutual funds.
Disclaimer:
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
HannuJ said:
as a relatively unbiased fan, i'm very curious as to what the Wild were complaining about.
They were complaining about too many men on the ice. Two Jets were coming on and 2 were going off with the puck in the area but either of the 2 players coming on the ice touched the puck so there was no penalty.​

Reactions: HannuJ

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I thought Connor had a fantastic game ... he did not get on the score sheet but looked great out there for a rookie ... wow! If he keeps this up by the end of the playoffs there are going to be a lot of #81 Jet jerseys sold across the country.
as i've posted before, Connor in the last 10 games of the season is nothing like the early and mid-season Connor.
His confidence and smarts and skills are on full display. he also somehow looks a bit faster (but not Ehlers fast). i'm really impressed by what i've seen. now, he still sucks in the corners, but that may change a bit with time

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Can someone make a GIF of Boudreau's "F*CK!" after Winnipeg scored the 3-2 goal? That was funny.

RequiredImportantFlyingsquirrel-max-14mb.gif

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
HannuJ said:
as a relatively unbiased fan, i'm very curious as to what the Wild were complaining about.
They were complaining about too many men on the ice. Two Jets were coming on and 2 were going off with the puck in the area but either of the 2 players coming on the ice touched the puck so there was no penalty.​
true. i forgot about that. it could have/should have been a penalty

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Playoff experience is over rated! So is a long history of playoff success.

Here's a piece of wisdom from my days of selling mutual funds.
Disclaimer:
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
Cullen scored and he also had a good chance to tie up the game. Playoff experience helps but it does not guarantee a win ... you still have to put in the work.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Been busy so couldn't catch the game, but man it looked awesome from the goal replays. Hopefully I can watch the one on Friday.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
its all good, was just playing around- we have stat nerds on our board as well lol!

my only question is - where is Trouba's shot on Helly???? that was beyond brutal...
:laugh: Too funny , my wife watched the whole game with me and she doesn't swear very much and when Trouba did that she yelled out what the f*** was that ? :laugh: I was just stunned and couldn't reply right away because i was just sitting there with my jaw on the ground and my hands on my head from the play . So she started screaming at me like it was my fault . :dunno: :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
He was on the ice during every Jets goal. I would say he did something right...
maybe he's just good at shifting on at the right time. lol.
well, he scored one of the goals and it was him making two good plays on that shift.
Morrow: did Laine really contribute much to that goal?
Scheifele: yes, Laine was a decoy/distraction. But him having a presence equals him having a good game?

idunno. some of you clearly disagree. i thought he had an ok game at best. was not dominant and was a slightly above average threat when on the ice. and hey, i crapped on Wheeler's game. dug his one assist, but i still think he had a meh game.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Fun fact. At the 1990 game 4 (Ellett game winner) I sat beside someone who was not dressed in white. He wasn't anti coolaid, just said he didn't own anything white.

IMG_0913.jpg
there were two dbags at the game:
BlazerMan; and
The Man Who Wouldn't Sit Down and Had His Back to the Play To Try To Get People to Cheer and was Blocking Our View.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Great atmosphere, but the crowd was definitely tentative until the Scheifele goal. Game 2 Friday will be nuclear. Loved the street party vids they showed inside the arena, hope they keep that up as it brought a feeling of unity with all the Winnipeg fans. Kudos to all the organizers!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As we infight to discuss which one of our Good D men struggled the most in game one I just wanted to point t out......

Josh Morrissey does not make mistakes. Do you know how incedibly tough that is to pull off in the NHL these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad