Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 First Playoff Win 3-2

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No I just don't think they looked great in the first. I think a good portion of those shots were late in the first? They looked nervous.

Agree they looked a little tight in the first but they gradually built up that shot count right from the start.

It seemed to me that they gave Minny a lot of chances but they recovered, or Minny blew them. There were a number of dangerous looking situations where Minny didn't even get a shot attempt. So that shot count could have been more nearly even. Good for the Jets recovering as well as they did. Better if they hadn't made those mistakes in the first place.

Not sure because of the way the senile old guy rambles in his speech but that may have been what Cherry was trying to say. For as well as they played, the Jets could have been much better.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I probably shouldn't have said nervous when it came to Buff. I feel like when Minne tied it he forgot the game plan and reverted to old Buff who just tries to do it all himself with high risk plays. His pinch that led to the 2-1 lead for the Wild reminded me of the Buff I don't like, but his really steadily excellent play this season has bought him plenty of benefit of the doubt with me.
his pinch on the 2nd goal was more unlucky than bonehead imo. puck caught in MINs player's feet/equipment had no idea where it was. Buff was the only one in distance that has a play on the puck for another scoring opp and he fanned on it (which is ultimately his fault). Other than that Buff was excellent the other night.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought Buff had a great game. I disagree we were 60% too. Minny made us fight for our space and it was difficult to look slick under those conditions.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
his pinch on the 2nd goal was more unlucky than bonehead imo. puck caught in MINs player's feet/equipment had no idea where it was. Buff was the only one in distance that has a play on the puck for another scoring opp and he fanned on it (which is ultimately his fault). Other than that Buff was excellent the other night.

Maybe in the regular season, but in a 1-1 tie in the 3rd when you just got scored on in a playoff game against a goalie that is playing lights out is not the time to make a risky pinch at the offensive blueline. He had maybe a 50/ 50 chance of getting that puck.

Situational awareness is magnified by 1000 in the playoffs.

Reactions: thegr8one66

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe in the regular season, but in a 1-1 tie in the 3rd when you just got scored on in a playoff game against a goalie that is playing lights out is not the time to make a risky pinch at the offensive blueline. He had maybe a 50/ 50 chance of getting that puck.

Situational awareness is magnified by 1000 in the playoffs.

It was risky but id give Buff a much higher shot at getting that puck than 50/50, Koivu had no idea where the puck was until Buff fanned on it. the F (believe Lowry) also had time to peel back and cover if they saw Buff going for the puck rather than going for the hit on Koivu. The 2 Fs downlow also hold up anticipating that Buff gets the puck. It should have been a 3 on 2 for the Jets but Buff fanned. It was a risky play that didn't turn out good for the Jets but i thought Buff had the best opportunity to make the play on the puck. Nevertheless, Buff was excellent the other day other than that hick up he had extremely strong play

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The best part about the Jets winning that first playoff game last Wednesday is that we no longer have to put up with the taunts on the main boards about the franchise never having won a playoff game. Some of the posters even had the audacity to insinuate the Jets would again go down in 4 straight in spite of having such an awesome record this year.

:jets

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
this is why our Blackhawks poster vetoed going over to there because their posters are delusional and did this **** to us for years...they didn't want a Hawk poster either on their board so it worked out lol...but get used to it folks, Wild posters will defend everything their team and apparently watch the game somehow on Hulu with their heads planted firmly up their asses.

Pardon the necropost but I remembered you saying this about the Wild fans.

Do you by any chance have any lottery numbers or stock picks for me?

m.

Reactions: AmericanDream

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
what drawings you looking for my friend????

Well we sure won the Blackhawks Badnwagon (sic) lottery when we got you! (Maudlin music plays, eyes roll)

I'll settle for Lotto 649 but one of those nine figure Powerball draws would be nice.

I'm typing this from an un-air conditioned cabin in Roatan, Honduras in the middle of a scuba diving trip. I'm so effin wired for tomorrow's game that I can't sleep. If I remember to grab it, I'll be taking my Jets flag on a dive tomorrow to grab some pictures during a dive to show that I'm a deep down Jets fan.

Tomorrow's schedule:

9 AM dive
11 AM dive
Lounge around in pool by bar.
Lunch.
Massages.
Nap,
Grab cab to Herby's (sp?) Sports Bar somewhere here on Roatan Island.
Watch Jets game
Cab it back
Crash hard.

Ideal day, no?

I've already cracked into my duty free Crown Royal to help me sleep. It's not working.

My American buddy, seeing the Canadian Duty Free shop had a fine comment. The duty free shops have bilingual signs so it says "DUTY FREE / HORS TAXES". Golden comment: "Geez, not only do you Canadians tax everything, you can't even spell 'whores'."

Gold, Jerry, Gold.

Gold like this Crown Royal that's keeping me warm.

m.

Reactions: SLAYER

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well we sure won the Blackhawks Badnwagon (sic) lottery when we got you! (Maudlin music plays, eyes roll)

I'll settle for Lotto 649 but one of those nine figure Powerball draws would be nice.

I'm typing this from an un-air conditioned cabin in Roatan, Honduras in the middle of a scuba diving trip. I'm so effin wired for tomorrow's game that I can't sleep. If I remember to grab it, I'll be taking my Jets flag on a dive tomorrow to grab some pictures during a dive to show that I'm a deep down Jets fan.

Tomorrow's schedule:

9 AM dive
11 AM dive
Lunch.
Massages.
Nap,
Watch Jets game
Cab it back
Crash hard.

Ideal day, no?

I've already cracked into my duty free Crown Royal to help me sleep. It's not working.

My American buddy, seeing the Canadian Duty Free shop had a fine comment. The duty free shops have bilingual signs so it says "DUTY FREE / HORS TAXES". Golden comment: "Geez, not only do you Canadians tax everything, you can't even spell '****es'."

Gold, Jerry, Gold.

Gold like this Crown Royal that's keeping me warm.

m.
shit, you are already living the dream, no need for a pick 3 from me lol!!!! hope they got satellite in whichever 3rd world nation that is!!!

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
****, you are already living the dream, no need for a pick 3 from me lol!!!! hope they got satellite in whichever 3rd world nation that is!!!
I emailed ahead. Not only did they say they'll have the Jets game, they said they'll wire it out to the patio with sound for us.

Conch fritters, Caribbean Rum, and the Jets game. Other than being at BMPlace, what could be better?

m.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
9 AM dive
11 AM dive
Lunch.
Massages.
Nap,
Watch Jets game
Cab it back
Crash hard.

You suck. :laugh:

Sounds like a freakin' awesome day - enjoy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad