Post-Game Talk: Jets 2.0 First Playoff Win 3-2

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
...except that they called a really weak penalty on Buff over a minor scuffle. It's hard not to think that there's a clear anti-Buff bias when it comes to scrums, etc.

I can see why they called Buff, kind of a flying fist bump to the head of a guy prone on the ice before the scuffle. But they let a lot go which was the same severity or worse.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I thought the reffing was near perfect last night outside of Buff's roughing. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are as much a battle as a test of skill. I'm fine with that.

Can't see any way we move Copp off of Lowry's line. Little line is our new 4th line now. It kind of already was.

Huge win considering the Wild quick strike in the 3rd. They needed that game bad but NO SOUP FOR YOU WILD

Bruce didn't look just happy to be invited after that Morrow goal :p

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
:laugh: Too funny , my wife watched the whole game with me and she doesn't swear very much and when Trouba did that she yelled out what the **** was that ? :laugh: I was just stunned and couldn't reply right away because i was just sitting there with my jaw on the ground and my hands on my head from the play . So she started screaming at me like it was my fault . :dunno: :laugh:
Shit, your wife and mine can go watch games together!
Mine starts getting loud, then the swearing like a sailor starts, and has even has punched me in the shoulder/upper arm on a couple different occasions!

Apparently I did not read the "Feisty European Wife Handbook" in totality...

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Simple... keep scoring more goals for three more games and move on.

I think the Wild see their best chance is getting the Jets into an unnecessary bunch of physical altercations, and penalty trouble. If the Jets get more PPs than the Wild, they are going to be in very good shape.

You're probably right. The only issue with this is that the refs tend to put their whistles away in playoffs and this works in favor of teams who play this way.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You're probably right. The only issue with this is that the refs tend to put their whistles away in playoffs and this works in favor of teams who play this way.
Doesn't it favour the Jets one of the most penalized teams during the regular season?

Revolver

Mar 22, 2013
Winnipeg
Couldn't find this one, if you have a more precise time I can grab it, I checked most of the 3rd. I do know what play you're talking about, Laine was behind the Wild player and took a swing at their legs, in realtime I didn't even think Laine even got any contact.

Super long gif of the goal and all of the reactions. Click the gear in the bottom and hit the HD slider to watch it at 60fps

Small clip of just the bench
Randomized URL is playing funny with the embedding, I'll re-upload.

I love how Stastny takes Dumba out of the play.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
...except that they called a really weak penalty on Buff over a minor scuffle. It's hard not to think that there's a clear anti-Buff bias when it comes to scrums, etc.
I can't fathom why that was called when there were 100% judo throws by the Wild that went unpunished.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
The one guy they have to worry about being targeted is Hellebuyck. I don’t really know how they counter that other than complaining profusely to the league and refs. Thought it was ridiculous they picked the Byfuglien punch as the only penalty all night out of those scrums and goalie frog splashes. They can’t seriously allow 6-7 games of that, and I’m saying the Jets deserved some penalties too.
Oh no they won't allow that for any longer than one game. Lack of consistency will ensure every match is a guessing game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
****, your wife and mine can go watch games together!
Mine starts getting loud, then the swearing like a sailor starts, and has even has punched me in the shoulder/upper arm on a couple different occasions!

:biglaugh: Ya the Irish red heads can get pretty fired up . I'm kind of scared about Friday night because alcohol will be involved , scared for ears and shoulders from the punches . And lord knows if i say take it easy or something then it will get really ugly . :loony: :laugh:

Revolver

Mar 22, 2013
Winnipeg
I thought Sportsnet really muted the crowd noise after our goals. I’ve seen others post about that earlier this season, but last night it was very noticeable.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
****, your wife and mine can go watch games together!

Ha! You too? ;)

Don't worry. I didn't read that handbook at all. :laugh:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
:biglaugh: Ya the Irish red heads can get pretty fired up . I'm kind of scared about Friday night because alcohol will be involved , scared for ears and shoulders from the punches . And lord knows if i say take it easy or something then it will get really ugly . :loony: :laugh:

:laugh: Yep, "take it easy", "bring it down a little", "They can clearly hear you talking about them" and the coup de grace "SSsshhhhh".

Bad idea...apparently I am a slow learner.

And apparently I like the word apparently.
I feel like Chef when he uses one of his go to words.

Reactions: Jets 31

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
You are forgetting 13-3 in shots in the 1st? Or just ignoring it?

They got away from their game for most of the 2nd but recovered in the 3rd. I nearly fell asleep in that 2nd period. Give the Wild a little credit for that.

No I just don't think they looked great in the first. I think a good portion of those shots were late in the first? They looked nervous.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
:laugh: Yep, "take it easy", "bring it down a little", "They can clearly hear you talking about them" and the coup de grace "SSsshhhhh".

Bad idea...apparently I am a slow learner.

And apparently I like the word apparently.
I feel like Chef when he uses one of his go to words.
Ya your right our wives definitely need to meet , then it won't seem as bad if two women are sounding and acting like sailors . We would just act like we don't know who they are . :laugh:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
RequiredImportantFlyingsquirrel-max-14mb.gif
The moment he realized they weren't going to steal the game. Love it!

Reactions: Jets 31

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This team can play at 60% in the playoffs and win a game. That is sick.

They won't get away with it against teams like Nashville though

Buff, Trouba, Myers with really nervous games. They will get over it.

Now is not the time for Byfuglien to go back to bad Buff, he's been so good this year - remember what got ya here!

My friend who's a die hard Oilers fan is absolutely drooling over Connor, keeps asking me what it would take to get him on the Oilers.

YOU STAY AWAY FROM KYLE CONNOR, THE MAGICAL GINGER!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Now is not the time for Byfuglien to go back to bad Buff, he's been so good this year - remember what got ya here!

My friend who's a die hard Oilers fan is absolutely drooling over Connor, keeps asking me what it would take to get him on the Oilers.

Connor might be the first ginger that has a soul!!!! hahahaha

Reactions: Jet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Buff nervous? He seemed the complete opposite to me. Engaged physically and offensively. Strong rushes with the puck too.. Myers and Trouba were problematic with the puck and were nervous imo

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Buff nervous? He seemed the complete opposite to me. Engaged physically and offensively. Strong rushes with the puck too.. Myers and Trouba were problematic with the puck and were nervous imo

I probably shouldn't have said nervous when it came to Buff. I feel like when Minne tied it he forgot the game plan and reverted to old Buff who just tries to do it all himself with high risk plays. His pinch that led to the 2-1 lead for the Wild reminded me of the Buff I don't like, but his really steadily excellent play this season has bought him plenty of benefit of the doubt with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad