Post-Game Talk: Jets 1 period not enough lose 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Oh well it was fun while it lasted haha

Hopefully they are just moving 91 to the wing temporarily until he gets some confidence back and then will go back to the plan

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
First line Apples, Perfetti second line wing getting half shifts at the end of powerplays, going to get less now that Ehlers is on the top unit. Oh how far we've come.

If Perfetti's confidence is a concern I don't think there's a better place to build it up than the powerplay.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Bones being a dinosaur. Completely unsuprising. What a joke this org is, can't even follow through on a plan. Have to deviate the minute a kid makes a mistake.

Reactions: Team Bring It

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
First line Apples, Perfetti second line wing getting half shifts at the end of powerplays, going to get less now that Ehlers is on the top unit. Oh how far we've come.
Yup. Ehlers is on the top unit. Progress. :nod:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
and Dillon-Pionk!

If Perfetti's confidence is a concern I don't think there's a better place to build it up than the powerplay.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Oh well it was fun while it lasted haha

Hopefully they are just moving 91 to the wing temporarily until he gets some confidence back and then will go back to the plan

I don't see any lack of confidence. It was a kid growing into a role and getting better by game. If anything this will hurt his confidence.

Reactions: SLAYER

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don’t know if moving Perfetti to the wing is just an attempt to get more offence out of the lineup?

Maybe the rationale is (not that I necessarily agree with it) is Perfetti can focus more on generating offence and less on the defensive game that he’s focused on recently. With Vilardi down this team is now even more short on offensive threats and goals have already been hard to come by.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Bones being a dinosaur. Completely unsuprising. What a joke this org is, can't even follow through on a plan. Have to deviate the minute a kid makes a mistake.
jesus christ all you do is complain and stan over perfetti. ehlers-namesnikov was a fine duo last year, perfetti may be able to concentrate a bit more on offense on the wing which would be higher overall benefit to the team than namestnikov.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don’t know if moving Perfetti to the wing is just an attempt to get more offence out of the lineup?

Maybe the rationale is (not that I necessarily agree with it) is Perfetti can focus more on generating offence and less on the defensive game that he’s focused on recently. With Vilardi down this team is now even more short on offensive threats and goals have already been hard to come by.

That is just short term thinking and lacks any kind of long term focus. The team needs a solution behind Scheifele and Namestnikov isn't it. We are three games in, there should be no reason to panic.

jesus christ all you do is complain and stan over perfetti. ehlers-namesnikov was a fine duo last year, perfetti may be able to concentrate a bit more on offense on the wing which would be higher overall benefit to the team than namestnikov.
Ignore my posts if you don't like them. A higher overall benefit then that is him succeeding at 2C.

Nov 24, 2006

This was my assumption as well.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
ehlers-namestnikov together last season
123 mins 8GF 2GA, 50%+ in both CF and xGF

110 of those mins came w/ wheeler - 7 GF 0GA.

imo - if you want a 2-way presence down the middle let it be namestnikov. & perfetti and ehlers concentrate a bit more on offense. with those 2 their "defense" will be the absence of playing it while being catalysts in the offensive zone.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Bones is showing his warts and the reasons he's barely been a head coach in his coaching career.
Honestly, this is over the top -
He's making a few moves to maybe get a little more out of the 2nd line (because there hasn't been much) - nothing carved in stone and no reason to run a coach out of town.
We all have our favorite players but wow.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

agreed. perfetti has more offense upside than namestnikov. our 2nd line hasn't score a goal through 3 games. let perfetti & ehlers be the catalysts offensively and namestnikov be more of a 2-way guy.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think it is Vilardi that should have played center.
KC Vilardi Nino but what is done is done.
Let's hope he mends quickly becuase that first line was playing really well.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That is just short term thinking and lacks any kind of long term focus. The team needs a solution behind Scheifele and Namestnikov isn't it. We are three games in, there should be no reason to panic.
I don’t disagree that they need a long-term answer at centre and I would personally have moved Kupari into the top six as a winger and have Gus at 4C, but the team needs to score goals and maybe Perfetti will be more dynamic on the wing. I didn’t hate his play at C but the team needs to generate more. They can still shift him back later.

Reactions: DRW204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad