Post-Game Talk: Jets 1 period not enough lose 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just curious you seem to lose your shit easy. Which pro hockey teams have you coached? Cuz after 3 games it's bitching for bitchings sake

Ah the old appeal to authority argument. Anyhow it's clear my comments on this subject aren't welcome by many. I'll just keep my mouth shut and hope for the best.

• Love
Reactions: hn777

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ah the old appeal to authority argument. Anyhow it's clear my comments on this subject aren't welcome by many. I'll just keep my mouth shut and hope for the best.
Id just say let's see how it progresses.

I'm in your side in the sense that if 91 was given only 3 games to prove himself at C that's ridiculous.

However, I also understand that the team isn't generating a lot and especially that 2nd line. If this is a temporary measure to rectify it while Vilardi is out i get it and I'm on board.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Can’t say I’ve read every post today, but moving Apples to the 1st line doesn’t appear to make a lot of sense. And if you are going to bail on Perfetti at center this early into the season at least move him up to play with Scheifele on the 1st line. I think you can get creative and have them switch off on strong side draws and some of the center responsibilities. They are probably the 2 most creative players on the team and they have some chemistry together and they also seemed to have formed a type of mentorship bond.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Can’t say I’ve read every post today, but moving Apples to the 1st line doesn’t appear to make a lot of sense. And if you are going to bail on Perfetti at center this early into the season at least move him up to play with Scheifele on the 1st line. I think you can get creative and have them switch off on strong side draws and some of the center responsibilities. They are probably the 2 most creative players on the team and they have some chemistry together and they also seemed to have formed a type of mentorship bond.
I dont know. I really think 55 and 81 need a big strong winner who wins battles on the wall and had speed to match. That's why Vilardi looks so good there. Looks like Kupari might get an extended look there. Appleton has some size and wall work but doesn't have the skill to match, but Kupari does.

I dont think Perfetti works on that line. Too much one and done. 55 and 81 create a lot when they can work the puck in the o zone and break down the d

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Let me get this straight … it’s Perfetti’s fault that when he setups up his wingers they can’t score … yup that makes sense.
Like I said yesterday during the game … Perfetti needs wingers who can score.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Let me get this straight … it’s Perfetti’s fault that when he setups up his wingers they can’t score … yup that makes sense.
Like I said yesterday during the game … Perfetti needs wingers who can score.
Well the only fwds that are really scoring now are Connor and Scheifele. And if perfetti plays wing someone is going to throw a huge fit.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Id just say let's see how it progresses.

I'm in your side in the sense that if 91 was given only 3 games to prove himself at C that's ridiculous.

However, I also understand that the team isn't generating a lot and especially that 2nd line. If this is a temporary measure to rectify it while Vilardi is out i get it and I'm on board.

I guess we will wait and see but it shouldn't take one injury to deviate from a developmental plan. Also there are other things they could try if the plan was to get more offense. They could put Iafallo back with Cole and Nino and craft another line around Name and Nik. It just seems to me Bones took the easy way out and also the most risk adverse plan possible which is to move the kid to wing.

If the org truly wants to develop him as a C they are going to have to live with the growing pains and live with him getting reps when other members of the team are injured. You rarely have a full lineup.

If and that is a big if the coach was never fully on board then the org got it wrong with Bones. Coach and management need to be aligned in this league.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I dont know. I really think 55 and 81 need a big strong winner who wins battles on the wall and had speed to match. That's why Vilardi looks so good there. Looks like Kupari might get an extended look there. Appleton has some size and wall work but doesn't have the skill to match, but Kupari does.

I dont think Perfetti works on that line. Too much one and done. 55 and 81 create a lot when they can work the puck in the o zone and break down the d
Id actually move Connor and maybe use Nino with Scheifele and Perfetti as I agree a big body grinder benefits those 2.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Most concering about that game.....was the total inattention and lack of effort defensively right in front our net and the slot areas......good way to give up goals....shades of last season...

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Id actually move Connor and maybe use Nino with Scheifele and Perfetti as I agree a big body grinder benefits those 2.
Not sure it makes sense to break up the only thing we have working on offense - 55/81
And I never imagined myself saying that - Preseason, I was not a fan of those two playing on the same line.

Anyway, Bones won't do it unless 55/81 lose a step and production falls off -

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Most concering about that game.....was the total inattention and lack of effort defensively right in front our net and the slot areas......good way to give up goals....shades of last season...
Far be it from me to defend this bunch but I would say the most concerning thing about the game was the attendance.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Shades of last season? Our problem last season was scoring. We were top third defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad