Jesse Puljujarvi Part 7: No NHL in '19-20 for Jesse P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I dunno, I like taking Flames that play better here then there. Smith, Neal, Chiasson, I would love to add Bennet to the list plus a good chance to hit pizza boy in the BOA would be fun.

On a side note do you remember when Flames fans chirped us Oiler fans for the Draisitl pick? Remember Bennet was better?
I’d like to see him get crushed on a regular basis as well but I’m not a Bennett fan at all, just another garbage Flame to me.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I’d like to see him get crushed on a regular basis as well but I’m not a Bennett fan at all, just another garbage Flame to me.

Yeah, plus we need to use that Pulljarvi as a sweetener to get McD a winger.
Jujar actually showed up last night. If he can pull his head out of his butt and play that way then I am pretty happy with the grit this team has.....I just don't think he keeps it up.

We need a top six winger and a 3c. Do you think that Pullijarvi can get us one of those?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don’t want to see him in Oilers colours ever again. He’s a cancer now, no reversing his past here. He can rot overseas or we deal him to the eastern conference.
How is he a cancer if he's not even here? Last year he was bad but he wasnt the reason we were bad

He asked for a trade, but he also sucked at hockey. He's not snubbing the Oilers or our city. He wants a change of scenery for the sake of both sides. He's also doing us a favour because we cant put him in the AHL without making him vulnerable to waivers. And yes I know he leans mostly to his own selfish motive but that doesn't make the other side of it less true.

Even Drai was not offended and said that Puljujarvi could still return.

Jp didnt want to be on the Oilers as they were last year. We wouldnt want JP as he was last year. Things are different for both sides now. The team is clicking, and JP is a year older and with more confidence

I still say not to toss his value away. Try again

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Suck is Pulju. Hope you're watching and seeing what you're missing. A 153lb player is doing what you couldn't and never did.

What a hoser.

I'd rather have Yakupov back.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, plus we need to use that Pulljarvi as a sweetener to get McD a winger.
Jujar actually showed up last night. If he can pull his head out of his butt and play that way then I am pretty happy with the grit this team has.....I just don't think he keeps it up.

We need a top six winger and a 3c. Do you think that Pullijarvi can get us one of those?
I think Puli has to be our #1 trade chip, I have no idea how he’s valued around the league but Holland is shrewd, never thought I’d see him unload Lucic and his awful contract so I’m sure he’ll get a reasonable return on Puli.
Khaira? It’s the same ol story, he plays a decent game and the fanboys come out and then he stinks up the joint for weeks at a time. I still say Holland’s only mistake thus far was re-signing him.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Trade him to Calgary for Sam Bennet, I am not kidding. Bennet is one of the last pieces there with any heart.

Bennet is a gritty version of Yakupov without any skill. That would be an awful trade for us. Only thing good about Bennet is his duster.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
How is he a cancer if he's not even here? Last year he was bad but he wasnt the reason we were bad

He asked for a trade, but he also sucked at hockey. He's not snubbing the Oilers or our city. He wants a change of scenery for the sake of both sides. He's also doing us a favour because we cant put him in the AHL without making him vulnerable to waivers. And yes I know he leans mostly to his own selfish motive but that doesn't make the other side of it less true.

Jp didnt want to be on the Oilers as they were last year. We wouldnt want JP as he was last year. Things are different for both sides now. The team is clicking, and JP is a year older and with more confidence

His comments are irreversible, he wants out and I want him out. Not much more to it.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I think Puli has to be our #1 trade chip, I have no idea how he’s valued around the league but Holland is shrewd, never thought I’d see him unload Lucic and his awful contract so I’m sure he’ll get a reasonable return on Puli.
Khaira? It’s the same ol story, he plays a decent game and the fanboys come out and then he stinks up the joint for weeks at a time. I still say Holland’s only mistake thus far was re-signing him.

I get it with Khaira though, he is a decent skater for a big guy and when he is on he is a difference maker....but like you said he vanishes for weeks at a time. I would rather have Cave up here as he gives you everything every shift.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As mistakes go thats not so bad. Khaira makes 1.2 M which buryable and tradeable

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
After a while, people need to forget about draft pedigree. Bennett is a nothing player. 3rd line physical grinder.

Soon, nobody should care whether JP is a 4th overall pick or not. He has to produce. To me, he has next year to do it... or be labeled a complete bust.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Trade him to Calgary for Sam Bennet, I am not kidding. Bennet is one of the last pieces there with any heart.

Bennett would be a good add for our 3rd line IMO. One of the few players on the Flames that plays tough but backs it up.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I get it with Khaira though, he is a decent skater for a big guy and when he is on he is a difference maker....but like you said he vanishes for weeks at a time. I would rather have Cave up here as he gives you everything every shift.
Get f***ing real man. Khaira is 5 times the player and his physical game and stats back that up. f*** Colby Cave.

Reactions: Aerchon

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Get ****ing real man. Khaira is 5 times the player and his physical game and stats back that up. **** Colby Cave.

I am not saying Cave is a better player. Just stating that Cave will show up every night. Can you honestly say Jujar has shown up every night?

Reactions: fresh meat

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am not saying Cave is a better player. Just stating that Cave will show up every night. Can you honestly say Jujar has shown up every night?

Kharia gets way too much hate. As mentioned he is ten times the player cave is. Because Cave is terrible.

I still hold out hope he can find his game and consistency. Having a group of Kassian, Nurse, and Kharia gives us at least 3 players with functional toughness.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Every player has warts and weaknesses. If Jujhar showed up every night he would be Jamie Benn. Use what you get and utilize it to the best of your ability. Colby Cave bringing it every night is absolute bullshit. No he didnt. That's why he is in the minors. Cave downgrades this team. Not upgrades it.

Last edited:

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Every player has warts and weaknesses. If Jujhar showed up every night he would be Jamie Benn. Use what you get and utilize it to the beat of your ability. Colby Cave bringing it every night is absolute bull****. No he didnt. That's why he is in the minors. Cave downgrades this team. Not upgrades it.
Wow, did not think any0ne here was so invested in Jujar/Cave.
All I am saying is that you bring someone up(if it is not Cave then whatever, bring Currie, Gambo ect) that give effort.
You think the guys in the minors are there because of lack of effort? Most of them are missing a skill or needs to work on a skill. For example Bouchard, he is already better then the bulk of our defenders offensivly but he needed to work on his defensive game.

You do not know what someone from the minors will do once here, Yammomoto is a prime example.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
After a while, people need to forget about draft pedigree. Bennett is a nothing player. 3rd line physical grinder.

Soon, nobody should care whether JP is a 4th overall pick or not. He has to produce. To me, he has next year to do it... or be labeled a complete bust.
A bust at 22 years old? People have some strange ideas about player development nowadays

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I almost think the not signing his ELC/trade request is a ruse to get him some proper development time by Holland and JP's agent. Chia spent 3 years dicking with JP's development and now he finally has a full year to develop properly. I think he's on the opening night roster next season.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
A bust at 22 years old? People have some strange ideas about player development nowadays

Age is NOT the issue.

Players need to constantly improve every year. Any prospect that stalls or stumbles... they often never reach their potential. For JP to be a top-6 or elite winger he needs to show progression.

He's been moving sideways for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad