Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 10: Connor's RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Does anyone have a clip of the McDavid/Pulju incident? I missed all of regulation and some of the 1st OT. Hopefully it was just Connor blowing off some steam because of how frustrating the series has been. IMO Yamamoto brings nothing to that line.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Does anyone have a clip of the McDavid/Pulju incident? I missed all of regulation and some of the 1st OT. Hopefully it was just Connor blowing off some steam because of how frustrating the series has been. IMO Yamamoto brings nothing to that line.
He was yelling at the bench and Jesse was sitting beside him but it wasn't clear who he was actually yelling at.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He seems to play better when he's driving his own line. He defers too much otherwise.
Every time he’s the guy on his own line he’s struggled. Well that’s with Oilers 3rdline guys though. But I think he needs talent to work with, that’s not a knock on him, most good players need good linemates to work with. I would like to see him and McD continue to play together.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It was unclear. Maybe he was yelling at Gulutzan to take Jesse off his wing.
For what it's worth, the broadcast later showed McDavid sitting next to Jesse on the bench and saying, "My bad." No clue if it was related or not.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. McDavid was fired up tonight and trying to get the team going as seen in another clip of him skating down the bench talking to everyone.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Despite whatever people are trying to make out of this Puljujarvi / McDavid incident yesterday, I think it's important to say how much Pujujarvi has grown this last year. It was a huge thing for him to go to Europe, get better, take more responsibility, and come back with better work ethic and do whatever it took to stay on the team. He's shown a lot of good hustle and I hope this series doesn't knock down his confidence. I really hope he will continue to grow.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Yeah how the hell does anyone watching that think he's shouting at Jesse? Unless one thinks McDavid is seriously crosseyed it's kinda obvious he's not.
Well, it wouldn’t surprise me that whoever he’s yelling at he wouldn’t do it directly in their face. He knows the camera is on him 24/7

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
So you really think that kind of behaviour from your captain is alright? Hard to understand how your captain loosing his temper and yelling like an idiot makes the team play better.

Reactions: PulYou

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So you really think that kind of behaviour from your captain is alright? Hard to understand how your captain loosing his temper and yelling like an idiot makes the team play better.
These are very competitive human beings playing, and sometimes emotion boils over. Also, these are not kids, and professional sports is not your ordinary job where this kind of stuff wouldn't fly.

You guys remember this incident? What a huge story that was made to be at the time. And how has it gone since? Players can and will let off some steam every now and then, among eachother and to the coaches. And do you think the coaches won't yell at the players?

I wouldn't read too much into the yelling itself (if it even was directed at JP). What I would read to, is that wasn't this incident what resulted in JP being taken off from McDavids wing? If so, why did Tippett think it was necessary? And if he did it because Connor said so, that's just bad coaching I'm sorry. Who is running the bench?

Reactions: PulYou

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Well, it wouldn’t surprise me that whoever he’s yelling at he wouldn’t do it directly in their face. He knows the camera is on him 24/7

I think that's stretching things just to create something that isn't there.

Either way, even if he was shouting at Jesse, to me it doesn't look like it at all with considering where he's looking and Gulutzan, Jesse's reactions but even if he was, so what? That kind if stuff happens in games. This is just people trying to create some sort of narrative around McDavid because he failed to drag this fairly limited roster to the second round.

Yeah he wasn't playing at the, very high, top of his game and still needs to figure out how to approach playoff hockey to get the most out if his qualities but I just don't see the point in questioning his character.

Anyway this is Jesse's thread. Great season from him followed by a strong showing in the playoffs. He's clearly part of the solution going forward.

Reactions: Studz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad