Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 10: Connor's RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
That is a ridiculous take. He mentioned the guys that have been here for awhile. Why add that pressure to a young player that is finding his way?

He also skipped to Bouchard and Mcleod. I
JP was his linemate all season and made big strides yet still doesn't give him a thought.
Not that ridiculous at all

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
JP was his linemate all season and made big strides yet still doesn't give him a thought.

He also didn't mention Yamamoto, Klefbom or Barrie. He mentioned the guys that were there for some time and the guys that barely did anything this season but should be regular NHLers next season. Unless Jesse farts in his car while giving Connor a ride and then rolls the windows up and locks them, he'll be here next season and beyond.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He also didn't mention Yamamoto, Klefbom or Barrie. He mentioned the guys that were there for some time and the guys that barely did anything this season but should be regular NHLers next season. Unless Jesse farts in his car while giving Connor a ride and then rolls the windows up and locks them, he'll be here next season and beyond.
Maybe Bobby will finally get his wish and see JP off the team. It’s what he’s wanted for years now.

to think that JP will be traded simply because McDavid didn’t single him out by name as is one of the silliest posts I have seen in a long time.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe Bobby will finally get his wish and see JP off the team. It’s what he’s wanted for years now.

to think that JP will be traded simply because McDavid didn’t single him out by name as is one of the silliest posts I have seen in a long time.

Trading him would be stupid. If Connor made him uncomfortable then as a good captain and human being he should apologize and make him feel like the big part of this team that he is going forward.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kind of like when McDavid gave a frown when he was drafted, that he was extremely disappointed coming to Edmonton?;)
I think people read way too much into comments far too often.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kind of like when McDavid gave a frown when he was drafted, that he was extremely disappointed coming to Edmonton?;)
I think people read way to much into comments far too often.

IMO the poster is trying to get a rise out of people in this case, there's a name for that, it has something to do with fishing I think?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

You do that to me, I keeel you!

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No i don't. I can see him being traded for the right peice.
I don't think for a second he's in untreadable territory here.
I think Jesse, Yamo, Bear are all in a similar spot. They are all early 20’s guys who are cheap to keep around who have shown something at this level. None are core guys but could be depending on what the next year holds. It’s good that these types of players exist in our organization.

Some will work out, some wont, some might be traded. The scouting overhaul in 2015 is just starting to trickle in. More waves of these types of players will come with Bouchard, Lavoie, Broberg, Samurokov, Holloway, Savoie.

This organization is still well set up for the decade to come especially with the cap starting to open up for us this year. This is a key off-season.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011

He also mentioned those two in terms of the younger players that need to step into the lineup and lift up the team. Specifically mentioned both of these people as important parts of the team moving forward/next year. Do people even watch entire press conferences before rushing online to be the first to spot a "gotcha!" moment?

Reactions: nabob

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He also mentioned those two in terms of the younger players that need to step into the lineup and lift up the team. Specifically mentioned both of these people as important parts of the team moving forward/next year. Do people even watch entire press conferences before rushing online to be the first to spot a "gotcha!" moment?

Watched it all. Perhaps you're failing to comprhend that was his linemate all year.
Perhaps you missed McD yelling at him.
Perhaps you failed to notice that ALL year McD was less than enthusiastic cellying w him and we've watched him go thru Pouliot, Maroon, Kass, Lucic, Hall and Ebs as his wingers.

I'm not saying McD HATES the kid, or is demanding anything, but there is definitely a bit of a cold shoulder there.
So like i said, IF he gets traded in a bigger acquisition, o definitely won't be SHOCKED

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The core players right now are Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Klefbom, Nurse and Larsson. After that you have potential core players like JP, Yamamoto, Bouchard, Bear etc

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
The core players right now are Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Klefbom, Nurse and Larsson. After that you have potential core players like JP, Yamamoto, Bouchard, Bear etc
If RNH and Larsson are core players, moreso Nuge, this team is in trouble. There's a chance Klef is done so I'd hold off on him.

McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nurse are the only true core guys IMO.

JP, Yamo, Holloway, Bouchard, Broberg are in the below tier

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Watched it all. Perhaps you're failing to comprhend that was his linemate all year.
Perhaps you missed McD yelling at him.
Perhaps you failed to notice that ALL year McD was less than enthusiastic cellying w him and we've watched him go thru Pouliot, Maroon, Kass, Lucic, Hall and Ebs as his wingers.

I'm not saying McD HATES the kid, or is demanding anything, but there is definitely a bit of a cold shoulder there.
So like i said, IF he gets traded in a bigger acquisition, o definitely won't be SHOCKED

I'm not talking about talking about JP, I'm talking about bouch and RM and you saying McD never even mentioned their names at all and being important to the team going forward, which is flat out wrong.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I would love to know who we trade Puljujarvi for, that would do what Jesse does better especially considering where our cap needs to be spent this off-season.

saying that McDavid was less than enthusiastic ALL year when cellying with Puljujarvi is a straight up lie and a terrible attempt to fabricate any reason possible to trade Pulju.Certain posters were definitely less than enthusiastic any time Jesse had a good game this year or scored, as they clearly wanted the player to fail to justify their years of dragging the player through the mud. Hilarious...now they want Jesse traded because they think that McDavid didn’t celly enthusiastically enough when Jesse scored this year :laugh::laugh: . A new low for the Jesse Puljujarvi haters club.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Jesse is not only a great player, but an affordable one as well with potential to become even better. At little over 1 million a season, who on earth would you trade him for? I think the Oilers need their cap space to become true contenders.

Trade him for someone that will cause Connor to get more excited when he scores, that’s what really matters:sarcasm: :laugh::laugh:.

Some pretty calm reactions by McDavid on a ton of Draisaitl goals this year. Guess Drai needs to be traded too :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad