Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So is it Puljujarvi being demoted, or Strome being demoted?

The way Stauffer was describing the lines, he referred to Caggiula/Khaira/Puljujarvi as the 3rd line and Strome/Kassian/Reider as the 4th.

They're shit lines in general. Classic McBlender by the moronic coach already showing his idiocy after one game in the season.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

The way Stauffer was describing the lines, he referred to Caggiula/Khaira/Puljujarvi as the 3rd line and Strome/Kassian/Reider as the 4th.

Well yeah, that sounds better for the org when you put it that way. Of course Stauffer is trying to spin this.

Reactions: PulYou

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
It’s just so damn stupid. He had a great preseason and one game in he gets demoted to play with Caggiula and Khaira. It’s like Mclellan doesn’t want to win.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Is it such a dire situation that you're not getting media access or possibly losing your job if you're to go against anything this organization does? I'm speaking moreso of the Team 1260 and TSN group than I am the CHED one as I know they're directly employed by the Oilers.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It’s just so damn stupid. He had a great preseason and one game in he gets demoted to play with Caggiula and Khaira. It’s like Mclellan doesn’t want to win.
Get ready for the tin foil hat.

Toddy knows he's going to be fired. It's time to dismantle the team before he goes and is re-hired as the head coach for Seattle and wants to see the Oilers dwindle in his divison.

OooOOOOoooOOO.

Nah, Todd just sucks.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Well yeah, that sounds better for the org when you put it that way. Of course Stauffer is trying to spin this.

Could be. The true proof will be which line gets more minutes and offensive zone starts when the game actually happens.

I mean, it's not a stretch to think that McLellan's more negative on Strome right now than Pulju. Strome dragged down his entire line vs. NJ, and was eaten alive in the faceoff dot.

Not to mention, all through preseason the Strome/Pulju/Khaira line was considered the '3rd' line. So now Strome is moved off the line and replaced by Caggiula, and suddenly they're the 4th line now? I guess we'll see.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Could be. The true proof will be which line gets more minutes and offensive zone starts when the game actually happens.

I mean, it's not a stretch to think that McLellan's more negative on Strome right now than Pulju. Strome dragged down his entire line vs. NJ, and was eaten alive in the faceoff dot.

Agree, but I mean, the best case scenario here is that McLellan has panicked after one game and has made even shittier lines. Hardly good news.

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
Get ready for the tin foil hat.

Toddy knows he's going to be fired. It's time to dismantle the team before he goes and is re-hired as the head coach for Seattle and wants to see the Oilers dwindle in his divison.

OooOOOOoooOOO.

Nah, Todd just sucks.
Lol of course neither me nor anyone else who’s reasonable seriously thinks Todd actively tries to lose. That’s why I said “it’s like Mclellan doesn’t want to win”. Because putting Jesse with Caggiula and Khaira is so very stupid.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Lol of course neither me nor anyone else who’s reasonable seriously thinks Todd actively tries to lose. That’s why I said “it’s like Mclellan doesn’t want to win”. Because putting Jesse with Caggiula and Khaira is so very stupid.
Oh, that came off wrong. I wasn't mocking you. I was mocking Todd by putting out the only "reasonable" reason why he's doing what he's doing.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I don't know man. This might be the best option for Pulju.

Step 1. Lose all confidence and trust in his talent and skills.
Step 2. Become a full on grinder who has limited ability, can't make tape to tape passes or add anything of substance in the line-up.
Step 3. Start getting called "Cagg-two-la", as Toddy loves these traits in players.
Step 4. Get top 6 ice time without ever deserving it.

I call it the Caggiula effect.

Nailed it, except for step 4. No matter how bad Pulju ever plays, he ain't getting top 6 time.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'm convinced that McLellan is just trolling Oilers fans at this point. Dude wants his pay cheque for free.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Oh I see, sorry for assuming you meant it that way. Now I’m totally with you!
Haha yeah, sorry about that. Read it back and was like "nooo, Todd is joke of all of this."

But yeah, I'm with you on this! When only conspiracy theories can explain his behaviours, then you know you're f***ed.

Reactions: McJazz

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I don't know man. This might be the best option for Pulju.

Step 1. Lose all confidence and trust in his talent and skills.
Step 2. Become a full on grinder who has limited ability, can't make tape to tape passes or add anything of substance in the line-up.
Step 3. Start getting called "Cagg-two-la", as Toddy loves these traits in players.
Step 4. Get top 6 ice time without ever deserving it.

I call it the Caggiula effect.
You forgot a step: Learn English. It is more important than any hockey-related skills, especially on the PP.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's almost surreal seeing that lineup. It's unbelievable (or should I say believable) that Pulju continues to fester in the bottom 6 while Yamamoto, who hasn't done jack shit against NHL lineups, continues to get fed top 6 minutes.

It's not like Pulju has done much either but how can he when he gets zero trust from his coaches. I'm not even upset about it anymore, I'm just sad about it at this point.

I have a question for the few who still defend Mclellan. Who has developed in his 3 years here? McDavid doesn't count.
What bothers me is that I was very happy with the hire, unlike the previous ones in the DoD. I thought that they finally hired a qualified individual who wasn't a dinosaur (with all due respect to the late Pat Quinn) and this is what we get? It sucks man.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

So going off of your thinking Caggiula went from PB to the 3rd line? Khaira who mostly played wing in preseason now plays C when we have a proven veteran in Brodziak getting healthy scratched?

It's like Todd holds grudges and would rather keep sticking it to the guy that he doesn't like than putting the team above his own ego.

Not to mention, all through preseason the Strome/Pulju/Khaira line was considered the '3rd' line. So now Strome is moved off the line and replaced by Caggiula, and suddenly they're the 4th line now? I guess we'll see.

Players at the end of last year most notably our captain "It's hard to gain momentum when the lines are always changing". Todd even alluded to this this preseason so what was our 2nd best line in preseason gets the axe after a single game? Do as I say not as I do.

Unless this is an odd showcase of Strome or dumber we are looking at walking way from Brodziak, this makes no ****ing sense at all.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I'm convinced that McLellan is just trolling Oilers fans at this point. Dude wants his pay cheque for free.

Really makes you wonder. Its either that or he lets the players have too much influence on personnel choices, which I hope isnt the case.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's almost surreal seeing that lineup. It's unbelievable (or should I say believable) that Pulju continues to fester in the bottom 6 while Yamamoto, who hasn't done jack **** against NHL lineups, continues to get fed top 6 minutes.

It's not like Pulju has done much either but how can he when he gets zero trust from his coaches. I'm not even upset about it anymore, I'm just sad about it at this point.

I have a question for the few who still defend Mclellan. Who has developed in his 3 years here? McDavid doesn't count.
What bothers me is that I was very happy with the hire, unlike the previous ones in the DoD. I thought that they finally hired a qualified individual who wasn't a dinosaur (with all due respect to the late Pat Quinn) and this is what we get? It sucks man.

I like Yamo but was thinking the same thing. If the sole purpose is keeping his 2nd contract down, they may well do that while also ruining the best prospect that we've had outside of McDavid and maybe Drai since RNH and Hall. He plays a two way game so it's not like he is unaware of playing a two way game. We have one Lucic to bulldoze everyone out there and Kassian who SHOULD be doing it, Jesse needs to play a skilled game Todd, he wasn't drafted as a Smyth type you hard headed son of a gun.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hahahahaha man. This has been going on for over a decade. You have no idea.

I'm sure this latest demotion 'just makes good sense' though, right guys? Just making Pulju earn that power play time and.. Uh... Third line... Time... Like Kassian totally has...
Well when you compare their respective preseasons it should be very obvious who the more consistent player was and who has earned the promotion right?

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad