Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
After ONE game "the Pulju shuffling" is on again...

Line combinations are:

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Rieder-Strome/Brodziak-Kassian
Chiasson/Puljujarvi-Khaira-Caggiula/Strome

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Garrison-Benning
Bouchard rotating in.

Talbot
Koskinen

Pulju on fourt line, left wing, maybe not playing. Please - can they trade him already!

McLellan is a f***ing idiot especially when it comes to figuring out line combos.

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
I am livid, Todd can't be gone soon enough.

Me too - I am livid.

This is exactly what McLellan does. Narrative just changes. McDavid doesn't want to play with him. Draisaitl doesn't want to play with him. He is unpredictable. He needs to bully his way out there. Jesse want's to play with Strome. McLellan likes Jesse there, on fourth line, on left side. Jesse is happy go lucky. And so on.

Or could this latest move mean, that they are in business of trading him?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Brodziak a HS but Kassian keeps trucking? I don't know how anyone can consider Todd to be a good or even average coach at this point. I'd send him on special assignment with MacT scouting to make sure that they get to the right rinks. Why fire him and pay him to do nothing just because he coaches like he wants out?

It seriously seems like he's trying to get fired. How can this team get any traction when all pre season guys like JP are playing great, have one loss where he was actually decent, and immediately get demoted to the fourth line?

He is completely ruining our current team, and harming the future of the team as well.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I have always liked the Oilers for some reason, but I never really followed them until they drafted Pulju. I must say that I liked the organization better from a distance. There really seems to be something wrong with how they try to develop their prospects. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure you know what I am talking about.

Hahahahaha man. This has been going on for over a decade. You have no idea.

I'm sure this latest demotion 'just makes good sense' though, right guys? Just making Pulju earn that power play time and.. Uh... Third line... Time... Like Kassian totally has...

Reactions: PulYou

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hahahahaha man. This has been going on for over a decade. You have no idea.

I'm sure this latest demotion 'just makes good sense' though, right guys? Just making Pulju earn that power play time and.. Uh... Third line... Time... Like Kassian totally has...

Jesse has to prove he's a first line player by producing like one without any pp time and playing on the fourth line before he gets a chance in the top 6!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Ayyy more tmac apologists.

WTF is Gregor talking about? Wasn't the whole plan to keep Strome and JP together, because they 'liked' playing with each other? But of course, good ol Todd McMoron has to pull out his typical blender after one f***ing game in the season. Putting JP in the fourth line after a great pre season tells the kid what, exactly? Along with straddling him with a plug in Caggiula on his line.

Sorry Jesse, you're going to have to 'bull to the net' even though that's not your style of game. You're never going to get a chance playing in the top 6 beside McDavid or Draisaitl. You're going to sit down in the bench whenever there's a PP or during OT! Todd can f*** off.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I have always been a supporter of TMac, but this is just getting ridiculous. Why they don't try Puljujarvi in the top 6 or #1PP is beyond me.

The main reason I was so happy when we drafted Puljujarvi was his shot. We had so many playmakers (McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall) but no true sniper with a shot like his. The fact that they're using him as a third line grinder is like using McDavid as a shut down 2C. A complete waste of his skillset.

Make that 4th line.

Reactions: PulYou

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
If he has to earn his linemates then why is ZACK f***ING KASSIAN playing above him? What has he done to deserve a spot there? And I thought the whole point of putting Puljujarvi on the 3rd line was how comfortable he was with Strome. This is just pathetic. TMac can go f*** off.

Oh yeah, and they're running with the same 5 lefties PP unit, per Oilers website. :facepalm:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
WTF is Gregor talking about? Wasn't the whole plan to keep Strome and JP together, because they 'liked' playing with each other? But of course, good ol Todd McMoron has to pull out his typical blender after one ****ing game in the season. Putting JP in the fourth line after a great pre season tells the kid what, exactly? Along with straddling him with a plug in Caggiula on his line.

Sorry Jesse, you're going to have to 'bull to the net' even though that's not your style of game. You're never going to get a chance playing in the top 6 beside McDavid or Draisaitl. You're going to sit down in the bench whenever there's a PP or during OT! Todd can **** off.
All of Oilers media and MSM were pushing out this shit about them being a tandem going into the season and after one game where Todd had Pulju riding the bench all season, Pulju is on the fourth line.

"He has a tonne of confidence and you can see that in practice and in how he's playing."

*Immediately and actively tries to destroy it*

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
If he has to earn his linemates then why is ZACK ****ING KASSIAN playing above him? What has he done to deserve a spot there? And I thought the whole point of putting Puljujarvi on the 3rd line was how comfortable he was with Strome. This is just pathetic. TMac can go **** off.

Oh yeah, and they're running with the same 5 lefties PP unit, per Oilers website. :facepalm:
They were 1 for what, 5 last game?

That's one more goal than they scored all of last year on the PP, so that's progress I guess. The system works!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
All of Oilers media and MSM were pushing out this **** about them being a tandem going into the season and after one game where Todd had Pulju riding the bench all season, Pulju is on the fourth line.

"He has a tonne of confidence and you can see that in practice and in how he's playing."

*Immediately and actively tries to destroy it*

Yep, there's literally NO consistency. How is JP going to flourish and develop if 1) his linemates keep changing 2) he gets demoted to 4th line duties 3) Lack of opportunities to allow him to gain confidence such as the PP or 3on3 OT. Its a slap to the kid's face when he had a good preseason, and he gets smacked down to 4th line duties after the first game of the Oilers season. Seeing Caggiula in the lineup makes me gag enough, but knowing JP has to carry that plug on his line? Disgraceful. WTF was the point of signing Chiasson then? I'd rather have Chiasson in the lineup over Caggiula. Get f***ed, Todd.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
So is it Puljujarvi being demoted, or Strome being demoted?

The way Stauffer was describing the lines, he referred to Caggiula/Khaira/Puljujarvi as the 3rd line and Strome/Kassian/Reider as the 4th.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
You never know, he could turn into a decent 4th line grinder. :help:
I don't know man. This might be the best option for Pulju.

Step 1. Lose all confidence and trust in his talent and skills.
Step 2. Become a full on grinder who has limited ability, can't make tape to tape passes or add anything of substance in the line-up.
Step 3. Start getting called "Cagg-two-la", as Toddy loves these traits in players.
Step 4. Get top 6 ice time without ever deserving it.

I call it the Caggiula effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille