Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'm not discrediting him. I'm just discrediting the idea that simply scoring goals is going to up his value.

A large majority of his goals have been like yesterday's. Goals that just don't happen in the NHL beyond incredibly rare flukes.

He's the same player that's just scoring more because he's in a weaker league. Scouts are going to see that.
Yeah would be much better if he was not scoring at all. Make sure you deduct the next two or three mcdavid fluke goals.

There is more to scoring goals than the beauty aspect. You need to find a place to get the puck or get it yourself and you have to be around the net.

Most of the goals he scored in the NHL were low down garbage goals.

I wonder who the next black hat villain will be with this team once this guy gets dealt.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah would be much better if he was not scoring at all. Make sure you deduct the next two or three mcdavid fluke goals.

There is more to scoring goals than the beauty aspect. You need to find a place to get the puck or get it yourself and you have to be around the net.

I wonder who the next black hat villain will be with this team once this guy gets dealt.
You do realize his play isn’t what made him the “black hat villain” around here right?

Reactions: frag2
Oct 15, 2008

This guy quit on the team. If anyone deserves to wear a black hat it would be him.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He didn't choose the team. He was drafted. In any other profession people can choose their employer. Jesse did.
Not in other top professional sport leagues they can not. And of course the obvious difference that there are numerous professional hockey leagues that pay more than enough to make a very very comfortable living that Jesse could have chose instead. No one was forcing him to play in the NHL.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

Another shining display of defense and goaltending haha.

I can see why Nielson only gloats with that Pulju graphic instead of clips of the actual goals.

Why is his helmet shiny gold? The rest of the team has a blue helmet?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He didn't choose the team. He was drafted. In any other profession people can choose their employer. Jesse did.
That’s totally irrelevant, we hold his rights. If he ever wants to play in North America again before his late 20’s, it’s on our terms. This is not any other profession, this is NA sports, everyone wants to be here as this is the pinnacle for hockey. I remember Taylor Hall getting drafted by some KHL team if he ever goes there they had his rights. He can stay in Europe if he has that same mindset that you do, no one is forcing him to come here.

I hate quitters.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That’s the one down thing about professional athletes getting paid millions to play sports hey?

He knew what he signed up for. You act as if getting drafted by a team is some incredible blind side.

Reactions: Jamin

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
That’s totally irrelevant, we hold his rights. If he ever wants to play in North America again before his late 20’s, it’s on our terms. This is not any other profession, this is NA sports, everyone wants to be here as this is the pinnacle for hockey. I remember Taylor Hall getting drafted by some KHL team if he ever goes there they had his rights. He can stay in Europe if he has that same mindset that you do, no one is forcing him to come here.

I hate quitters.

This. It's like all the Finnish Puljujarvi fanboys still dont know how the NHL works with regards to the draft and all that. smh

It's as if it means something because he 'chose' to play in Karpat right now lol. Have fun earning a fraction of what you'd be earning in the NHL. All he had to do was put on a pair of big boy pants and earn his team mates respect but instead, he decided he was bigger and better than the team

Oct 15, 2008
You make that sound like a bad thing. Many, many kids all over the world, and especially in Canada dream of one day getting drafted by a nhl team.

Jessie did that, then he never did the work required (wouldn’t even take lessons that were freely provided to him to learn the language) in order to be successful, instead he acted entitled and thought he should be gifted a spot in the top six without having to earn it. When that didn’t happen he snubbed his nose at a million dollar contract and demanded a trade and went back to Europe.

And we are supposed to be excited when he scores goals over there?

Not hardly.

Reactions: Oilhawks and frag2

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You make that sound like a bad thing. Many, many kids all over the world, and especially in Canada dream of one day getting drafted by a nhl team.

Jessie did that, then he never did the work required (wouldn’t even take lessons that were freely provided to him to learn the language) in order to be successful, instead he acted entitled and thought he should be gifted a spot in the top six without having to earn it. When that didn’t happen he snubbed his nose at a million dollar contract and demanded a trade and went back to Europe.

And we are supposed to be excited when he scores goals over there?

Not hardly.
Puljujarvi to me seems like he lacks maturity. At 21 that is not so uncommon. But his problem is that most 21 year olds don't have jobs that pay them $1M+ . The kid could still turn it around. Probably not with the Oilers. BUt I see no reason for Holland to move him unless he gets his price.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
This. It's like all the Finnish Puljujarvi fanboys still dont know how the NHL works with regards to the draft and all that. smh

It's as if it means something because he 'chose' to play in Karpat right now lol. Have fun earning a fraction of what you'd be earning in the NHL. All he had to do was put on a pair of big boy pants and earn his team mates respect but instead, he decided he was bigger and better than the team
Seriously man... I’d like the post if I could, it’s frustrating. He could have shut his mouth and a trade could have been done yesterday and everyone would have been happy. Instead we all come here and read that our leagues here are beer league when I see a whole bunch of bullshit over there with their defensive positioning and goaltending. It’s a privilege to play in the best leagues in the world, not a right.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Seriously man... I’d like the post if I could, it’s frustrating. He could have shut his mouth and a trade could have been done yesterday and everyone would have been happy. Instead we all come here and read that our leagues here are beer league when I see a whole bunch of bull**** over there with their defensive positioning and goaltending. It’s a privilege to play in the best leagues in the world, not a right.

Yep. I guess it'll be a right for Jesse after another 4 more Karpat years

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017

100%

He's immature. I hope some GM is suckered into giving us some value for him. Guy still looks weird out there. Off balance, etc. You could tell he couldn't play right away in the NHL.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Except this isn't any profession it's the collectively bargained NHL and he knew the rules.

He can choose any employer he wants just not in the NHL. He can go work a regular job and make 30-50k a year for the next 30 years.

One year of NHL is more then average person makes in a lifetime in 40 hr weeks. I don't feel bad for him one bit. Poor guy having to be a millionaire for the Oilers how dare they

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad