Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part VII) - Pretty Mint Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Remember the video of the girl shockingly dissapointed at the draft that Montreal took Kotkaniemi? I mean at the time an astute hockey fan would know a) that Kotkaniemi was a legit prospect and b) based on her reaction it was evident her level of knowledge was bare minimum.

But I'd like to see a reporter track her down and interview her. It would be amusing.

Reactions: donghabs98

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Remember the video of the girl shockingly dissapointed at the draft that Montreal took Kotkaniemi? I mean at the time an astute hockey fan would know a) that Kotkaniemi was a legit prospect and b) based on her reaction it was evident her level of knowledge was bare minimum.

But I'd like to see a reporter track her down and interview her. It would be amusing.
Revisionist history, there was like five person who liked the pick at the time, most of the people had their panties in a bunch over Zad and Tka

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
5 is an understatement. It wasnt a majority, but we were quite a few who liked the pick.
No doubt. I think the disparity was greater when you ventured off to the main boards.

Here, lots of us debunked the idea Kotkaniemi wasn't considered a top-5 worthy pick by the people who really mattered (ie. McKenzie's polled scouts, Sharks'(or was it Dallas) head scout going on record on 690, that they had him up there too, Chayka confirming post-draft he was their 1st choice etc.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No doubt. I think the disparity was greater when you ventured off to the main boards.

Here, lots of us debunked the idea Kotkaniemi wasn't considered a top-5 worthy pick by the people who really mattered (ie. McKenzie's polled scouts, Sharks'(or was it Dallas) head scout going on record on 690, that they had him up there too, Chayka confirming post-draft he was their 1st choice etc.

Whoa, wait what?

Reactions: larrypacman8167

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Whoa, wait what?

To clarify, I meant first choice for their pick, not as in ahead of Dahlin.
It's in the Coyotes behind the scenes draft video. At some point, he mentions after Montreal made their pick Hayton was their guy.

edit: Here's the exact quote (@ 10:40 in the video). "I knew Montreal were standing pat, they were gonna take the best center available".

Last edited:

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT

They were zadina's billet family and were habs fans, we does everyone bring this up ...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I was under the impression most of us were aware in the weeks leading up to the draft that Kotkaniemi would be our pick. It seemed like the idea begun to pick up steam close to the draft due our need at center and his hockey IQ. I was definitely not surprised at the pick. That said a lot of Habs fans I met at work were surprised because many assumed Zadina was the clear cut choice at number 3.

Reactions: Be a Hab

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

My point. The know-nothing fans (ie the girl with the clueless look of bewilderment) can now eat their crow.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Alain Chainey said he was the BPA
Tim Burke said he was the BPA
5 scouts from Bobby Macs list
Timmins list
Chayka's comments

That's coming god damn close to majority that thought he was the best (Though Chainey isn't employed anymore.)

They were zadina's billet family and were habs fans, we does everyone bring this up ...

No they were not.

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad