Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part VII) - Pretty Mint Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some Blues fans think Tarasenko's trade value is Kotkaniemi, Brook, 1st, +++++. They made reference to us asking for Thomas and a 1st for Patch and think it's the same. Apparently Thomas is a #1C in the making.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Gord Miller really needs to finally lay off the Kotkaniemi would've been better off playing in Finland this season instead of with the Habs in his opinion. Every time he's on TSN690 with Melnick lately it's the same stuff from him about Kotkaniemi and where "he" thinks he should be playing this season. I'd say he's done pretty darn well in his role with the Habs this season and the Habs have been handling him quite well IMO.

Gord Miller also called Hemsky an "elite" goal scorer last year after the Habs signed him so I now take anything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Gord Miller really needs to finally lay off the Kotkaniemi would've been better off playing in Finland this season instead of with the Habs in his opinion. Every time he's on TSN690 with Melnick lately it's the same stuff from him about Kotkaniemi and where "he" thinks he should be playing this season. I'd say he's done pretty darn well in his role with the Habs this season and the Habs have been handling him quite well IMO.

Gord Miller also called Hemsky an "elite" goal scorer last year after the Habs signed him so I now take anything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Gord Miller is inbred, look at his chin.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Gord is just simple minded, not one development plan is one size fits all. KK is a quick learner and thrives under pressure which makes for a different development scenario than someone like Galchenyuk who was less willing to learn all aspects of the game

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Gord Miller is inbred, look at his chin.
Gord Miller is a bad analyst. I couldn’t give less of a f*** about his opinion. The fact that he thinks Kotka should be playing in Finland is an embarrassment. That’s a freezing cold take.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Gord Miller is a bad analyst. I couldn’t give less of a **** about his opinion. The fact that he thinks Kotka should be playing in Finland is an embarrassment. That’s a freezing cold take.
He thought Hemsky was still a skilled player when we signed him!!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
From what I have read, the kid’s defensive statistics are incredible... not only for his age of 18 years old. Sure he needs to physically mature, but seriously, he is taking care of his assignments while a 3rd liner, and provides highlight assists and goals with his point production. My posts about staying in Finland were based on the disbelief that we would develop him properly in the NHL. So far? I am happy to be wrong.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014

He doesn't want to admit he was wrong so he just keeps driving the same point home even though it doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: dralaf

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Some Blues fans think Tarasenko's trade value is Kotkaniemi, Brook, 1st, +++++. They made reference to us asking for Thomas and a 1st for Patch and think it's the same. Apparently Thomas is a #1C in the making.

I would pay a 1st and a solid prospect + for Tarasenko. He's a beast and still has many good years left in him. That being said the prospect wouldn't be Kotkaniemi he's way too valuable to this franchise.

Suzuki + 1st + Hudon/B prospect would be the max I'd pay for Tarasenko.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I would pay a 1st and a solid prospect + for Tarasenko. He's a beast and still has many good years left in him. That being said the prospect wouldn't be Kotkaniemi he's way too valuable to this franchise.

Suzuki + 1st + Hudon/B prospect would be the max I'd pay for Tarasenko.
No way. Suzuki has too much going for him and hasn’t played a game as a pro. I think, again, the power of a winning attitude in the farm is just as important as development. They go hand in hand IMO.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
No way. Suzuki has too much going for him and hasn’t played a game as a pro. I think, again, the power of a winning attitude in the farm is just as important as development. They go hand in hand IMO.

Tarasenko would score 40 with Kotka and just turned 27 , I would do that deal any day of the week. Weber and Price not getting any younger and having an elite sniper like Tarasenko would make this town go crazy.

All fans will be saying "What Powerplay problems?".

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Tarasenko would score 40 with Kotka and just turned 27 , I would do that deal any day of the week. Weber and Price not getting any younger and having an elite sniper like Tarasenko would make this town go crazy.

All fans will be saying "What Powerplay problems?".
Disagree.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
i wouldnt do it specially when a similar Player gonna be ufa this summer(panarin). We have the money and alot of positive going on with our team lately. We could be in good position to get him.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Link ?

I don't know, I doubt Blues fans are saying it, more likely one guy. Every board has that guy.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Upcoming team Finland will look great if they can go in 2022:

Aho - Barkov - Rantanen
Laine - Kotkaniemi - Kakko

Would be nice to see Kotka centering some truly elite players. Something tells me it's not often we will get to see it in a Habs jersey , hopefully I'm wrong...

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
That was a nice goal but the way the defender played it was super soft. Nice imitation of a pylon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad