Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part VII) - Pretty Mint Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Based on logic. If he's fatigued, missing one game won't change anything. Should also give him some rest from practice.
Logic ? what fatigue has to do with logic ? one will needs a game , one two , one four . There is no rule .
And also , it 's not one game but the period between his last game and the next one .

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Logic ? what fatigue has to do with logic ? one will needs a game , one two , one four . There is no rule .
And also , it 's not one game but the period between his last game and the next one .

I said based on logic, because if you play 82 games per season, missing one game won't do much for you. If the problem is really the fatigue, then give him more than 1 game and give him practice rest too.

But yeah you have a point, I forgot about the period between the Pens and L.A game.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
maybe he has a nagging injury, teams like to keep these secrets, not a big deal he will be back

Go Habs

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I agree with you, I would like more consistency of course. But still he might reach 60 points this season. I mean he cant be that bad. Not a superstar but a damn good player.

Would maybe agree in a different year, but the uptick in scoring across the board has to be considered. For reference, heading into tonight's games we have 47 players with 60 points this season, and all I will say is that few of them provide the shake-your-head defensive effort Drouin displays on a regular basis.

As much as I hate being that guy............Drouin has character issues that, until sorted, will always make him feel like a player that is ultimately disposable in the long run.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Would maybe agree in a different year, but the uptick in scoring across the board has to be considered. For reference, heading into tonight's games we have 47 players with 60 points this season, and all I will say is that few of them provide the shake-your-head defensive effort Drouin displays on a regular basis.

As much as I hate being that guy............Drouin has character issues that, until sorted, will always make him feel like a player that is ultimately disposable in the long run.

Every player can be trade, it all depends of the offer. I think Drouin would have a good value on the market. I obviously prefer a in your face type of player a la Domi but seems like every team has one floater in it like Drouin. He cant be the driven force and cant be the leader but he can be a good complimentary player.

We traded him for Sergachev who is having trouble in Tampa Bay , a power house team , so far I would say we are winning the trade

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Patrice Bergeron was scratched by Julien 11 games when he was 18 years old . The guy is a kid and it's ok to rest him

wouldn't it make more sense to sit him when he's not just had 2 full days in between games - such as say a back to back or a 2 games in 3 nights stretch?

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Every player can be trade, it all depends of the offer. I think Drouin would have a good value on the market. I obviously prefer a in your face type of player a la Domi but seems like every team has one floater in it like Drouin. He cant be the driven force and cant be the leader but he can be a good complimentary player.

We traded him for Sergachev who is having trouble in Tampa Bay , a power house team , so far I would say we are winning the trade
Winning teams get rid of guys like Drouin, losing teams like guys like Drouin, all flash, no go.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

Definitely interested in seeing how Sergachev responds next season. He's still only 20 and plays a tougher position to master, and part of me feels like Tampa might be in the best shape possible if Sergachev doesn't explode until he's into a long term deal, if only because they have too many future expenses to worry about as is. Otherwise he might be more useful as an asset to the Lightning, rather than as a player.

Speaking of young players, Kotkaniemi not dressing does not surprise me, but I sort of hope Montreal let's this happen for multiple games if they are going this route. If he needs rest, rather he doesn't play against San Jose for instance.

Reactions: Da Grinder

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Winning teams get rid of guys like Drouin, losing teams like guys like Drouin, all flash, no go.

Im not so sure. Penguins won cups with Kessel which is a similar player to Drouin. Good offensively with big flaws on defense

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->