Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
4 points ahead of the rookie in Carolina...2nd over all pick
2 points back of the rookie in Buffalo....first overall pick

He's doing great...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
i wouldnt do it specially when a similar Player gonna be ufa this summer(panarin). We have the money and alot of positive going on with our team lately. We could be in good position to get him.

Yeah, Montreal's reputation with Russians is number 1...He wouldn't want to sign in Tampa with no taxes and Kucherov/Vasi and Sergachev. Pretty likely we will get him, why waste our time on a 27 year old/30-40 goal scorer, it's not like we need help scoring goals?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Yeah, Montreal's reputation with Russians is number 1...He wouldn't want to sign in Tampa with no taxes and Kucherov/Vasi and Sergachev. Pretty likely we will get him, why waste our time on a 27 year old/30-40 goal scorer, it's not like we need help scoring goals?
Mhm, because Tampa has the $9+M just lying around to throw at UFAs.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Tampa dont have near the money to give that the habs have. The russian thing its base on what lol ? I do believe that no matter the nationality of the player they'll go after him if they think he can improve this team.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Tampa dont have near the money to give that the habs have. The russian thing its base on what lol ? I do believe that no matter the nationality of the player they'll go after him if they think he can improve this team.
Yeah That whole thing is whole lot of BS from clueless posters. I would love Panarin on KK's wing. That would be insane. Slot Drouin in there and we might finally have a top line that can terrorize opponent's D cores. As of now, its just Domi's psychopath smile that sends chills to these other teams.
I would be willing to offer 9-10M AAV

Reactions: Apeironic

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Would you like some cheese with that bitter whine?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gord Miller really needs to finally lay off the Kotkaniemi would've been better off playing in Finland this season instead of with the Habs in his opinion. Every time he's on TSN690 with Melnick lately it's the same stuff from him about Kotkaniemi and where "he" thinks he should be playing this season. I'd say he's done pretty darn well in his role with the Habs this season and the Habs have been handling him quite well IMO.

Gord Miller also called Hemsky an "elite" goal scorer last year after the Habs signed him so I now take anything he says with a huge grain of salt.

I like Gord when he let's Ray handle in depth analysis.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Tampa always finds a way and as for Habs, here are the players that may convince him otherwise:

Markov
Radulov
Scherbak
Galchenyuk*
Sergachev
Emelin
Nesterov

*I know he is American but still...

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gord Miller is inbred, look at his chin.

:laugh:

Another Post of 2019 candidate.

We have an unhealthy obsession with appearance and physical attributes on this forum.

Matthews's nostrils, Domi's and Agostino's eyebrows. :sarcasm:

Reactions: dinodebino and Habs

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
Yeah That whole thing is whole lot of BS from clueless posters. I would love Panarin on KK's wing. That would be insane. Slot Drouin in there and we might finally have a top line that can terrorize opponent's D cores. As of now, its just Domi's psychopath smile that sends chills to these other teams.
I would be willing to offer 9-10M AAV

That line has me salivating. I feel like Drouin will only start to excel once Kotka and him are united on a line with some indefinite X next year. We shall see.

Reactions: Legend123

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Link ?

I don't know, I doubt Blues fans are saying it, more likely one guy. Every board has that guy.

It's on the main board... some guy with "colt" in his name.

Upcoming team Finland will look great if they can go in 2022:

Aho - Barkov - Rantanen
Laine - Kotkaniemi - Kakko

Would be nice to see Kotka centering some truly elite players. Something tells me it's not often we will get to see it in a Habs jersey , hopefully I'm wrong...

Imagine Kotkaniemi with Laine? Deadly

I would pay a 1st and a solid prospect + for Tarasenko. He's a beast and still has many good years left in him. That being said the prospect wouldn't be Kotkaniemi he's way too valuable to this franchise.

Suzuki + 1st + Hudon/B prospect would be the max I'd pay for Tarasenko.

I would pay this as my max.. They will be looking for proven NHL talent with futures.

- Suzuki or Brook
- Tatar, Byron, or Lehkonen
- 2019 1st
- future 2nd

Tarasenko fits out needs up front and is signed for 5 years including this one (Age 27-31). Big forward, protects the puck well, and can put the puck in the net.

Apparently, they can go **** themselves with this asking price.

One poster thinks the Habs asking for Thomas+ for Patch is the same as him asking Kotkaniemi, Brook, 1st, +++ for Tarasenko

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Apeironic

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Easily the most annoying fan base to discuss trades with.

They are just upset from the Habs fan base asking for Thomas+ for Patch last year. They called us ridiculous for asking that back when and I called him out on it. We ended up getting our asking price in the end.

Suzuki = Thomas
Kotkaniemi > Thomas

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol. Maybe ++. Maybe.

I gave him a hard time about it. lol

To be serious... Tarasenko is a serious talent. When you compare his career stats and major differences to Patch, you realize it's not as big as most would think. Not saying Patch = Tarasenko but the gap is not huge.

- 3 year age gap
- Both signed for 5 years including this one.
- Similar cap hit starting next year
- 4 goals per year difference
- 8 points per year difference

Edge to Tarasenko for sure. This is why I added the 1st on top of the Patch return.

- Suzuki or Brook
- Tatar, Byron, or Lehkonen (hate to trade Lehkonen and would fight hard at keeping him out of it)
- 1st
- 2nd

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hahahaha! I know trade proposals can be ridiculous sometimes but that’s really out there.

Replace Kotkaniemi with Suzuki maybe.

I questioned him on in and he remained firm. Told him his starting point is out of this world. No NHL GM is going to trade a 3rd OA pick who makes the NHL as a 18 year old and is trending very well for starters. Adding another grade A prospect, a 1st, and more? That's insanity. He thinks Tarasenko = McDavid or something.

I told him Suzuki = Thomas (pre NHL). He then went on to say Thomas is a #1C in the making. I told him many Habs fans still are undecided if Kotkaniemi is a #1C or #2C.

Wast of time but it was fun calling him out on it. He said I was trolling. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad