Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
hahahaha, it was more to do with some of is arrogance, since I new people who dealt with him and told me he was a D. on the ice, I liked Koivu in his early days.

really? interesting. I assumed he was class embodied. too bad. as long as I don't see any Pleks>>>>Koivu posts I'll be fine.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I see a surge in this kid this year. He will come to camp with the confidence of knowing he can play here. He's special.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Without those linemates, he wouldn't even be able to spend as much time in the opponent's zone and display his skills. He'd be chasing the play in our end instead.
He would also be scoring a lot more. When Byron was on his wing, he looked far more engaged offensively and was still good defensively. Armia and Lehkonen should not be his linemates again, he needs linemates that can actually produce.

Reactions: Canad13ns

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Without those linemates, he wouldn't even be able to spend as much time in the opponent's zone and display his skills. He'd be chasing the play in our end instead.

Those 2 aren't anything special, good depth guys but nothing special.

I said last year but he should have had one of them on his wing and more offensively gifted on his other.
He set them up so many times to see them fail, and rookies/young players feed on success.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Armia and Lehkonen were much more effective hockey players than KK last season. They spent significant amount of time shielding him, doing the dirty work, playing well defensively.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Neither is Kotkaniemi at this stage of his career.

He was your top prospect/best bet to become the guy this franchise has needed for years and years.

His vision/playmaking are his strenghts and I'd personnally put some effort on developing him and giving him the best enviroment to develop, & for his offensive game that's not with 2 players who have limited offensive skills.

Give him Armia on his other line and more offensive guy to his other to run the offense with.

Reactions: Canad13ns and LaP

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
No not really , when a player gets drafted as high as KK was , the expections are that he's gonna play on a first line, we almost take it for granted. We are not talking about a late first round here , we are talking top 5 in a draft and yes fans can expect a top 5 to be a first line forward or top pair, in the case of a Dman.
is he a #1? People keep using his size as an excuse, but Petey is smaller and went from a winger to a centre without any safety net and was a beast with and without the puck. KK will never be a big guy, yet tons of people are saying hus size was why he wasn't better. If your a smaller player, you need an extemely hu hockey IQ.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
is he a #1? People keep using his size as an excuse, but Petey is smaller and went from a winger to a centre without any safety net and was a beast with and without the puck. KK will never be a big guy, yet tons of people are saying hus size was why he wasn't better. If your a smaller player, you need an extemely hu hockey IQ.

How can you possibly say That KK will never be a big guy????

He played as an 18 year old last season. He is 6'2" and will likely fill out closer to 210 by the time he is 23.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
How can you possibly say That KK will never be a big guy????

He played as an 18 year old last season. He is 6'2" and will likely fill out closer to 210 by the time he is 23.
Not sure if he'll reach that weight. He has a narrow frame, he's not gonna be a really big guy imo. Could be wrong, he might have a spur of growth widening his shoulders.
But I see him staying around the 190-195 mark, slim, being agile.
He doesn't need to bulk up to 210.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Not sure if he'll reach that weight. He has a narrow frame, he's not gonna be a really big guy imo. Could be wrong, he might have a spur of growth widening his shoulders.
But I see him staying around the 190-195 mark, slim, being agile.
He doesn't need to bulk up to 210.

He came into last training camp at 190 lbs and he is still a boy. I think he could end up north of 215 but I am not sure that is ideal. I would guess that 205 ish will be the "Goldilocks zone" for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is already north of 195 right now and he just turned 19.

Hopefully he does put on some weight as he has a Kopitar/Barkov style of play and he will need their mass to be effective as he will never be a burner.

He doesn't have a very wide frame but there are plenty of ways to carry mass as he can carry it in his legs/butt, or through a barrel chest. You don't necessarily have to be wide to be thick.

Reactions: montreal

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I REALLY hope Suzuki excels in preseason and plays with Kotkaniemi. You simply cannot give KK those line mates again.

I really wish Lehkonen would rediscover the scoring touch he had in his rookie season. The second half of that season especially he was on fire and had some absolute snipes, not sure what happened to it.

He's only 24, but I agree I'd rather see KK with someone like Suzuki

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I really wish Lehkonen would rediscover the scoring touch he had in his rookie season. The second half of that season especially he was on fire and had some absolute snipes, not sure what happened to it.

He's only 24, but I agree I'd rather see KK with someone like Suzuki
Lehkonen is a hard working guy. But the game does not slow down for him. He looks like he's out there like he's on Meth. I like him. I think he's better then his numbers but I dont see much higher of a ceiling for him.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad