Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
Armia and Lehkonen were much more effective hockey players than KK last season. They spent significant amount of time shielding him, doing the dirty work, playing well defensively.

100% agree

If you think the contrary, them you just focused on points. Armia and Lehkonen 200 ft game help KK a lot and that really doesn’t appear on a scoresheet

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
100% agree

If you think the contrary, them you just focused on points. Armia and Lehkonen 200 ft game help KK a lot and that really doesn’t appear on a scoresheet

KK showed tremendous potential for growth last year, but he also showed consistently that he was an 18-yr-old, first season player. I was very impressed with him, but also realistic of what he provided to the team last year. He will be better this year, but he is still likely a few years away from being a difference maker. Armia and Lehkonen are definitely not the problem.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I hate when people compare Kotkaniemi to Pettersson. Pettersson is 2 years older than Kotkaniemi. Pettersson’s 18-year-old season was in 2016-17. Kotkaniemi was way ahead of him at the same age. There’s no way Pettersson puts up 34 points in 2016-17.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
KK showed tremendous potential for growth last year, but he also showed consistently that he was an 18-yr-old, first season player. I was very impressed with him, but also realistic of what he provided to the team last year. He will be better this year, but he is still likely a few years away from being a difference maker. Armia and Lehkonen are definitely not the problem.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes 300 games in the league for him to really be good at the centre ice position. It’s not easy to be good at that position, average yes but good to great not so easy.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
KK needs to be put in the right situation for the sake of his development. Third line minutes, sheltered against the big lines, find his place in the PP organigram.

He absolutely needs defensively responsible wingers to cover for his mistakes. Coachs need to accept those, they are good for him because that's the only way he will learn.

This year i want Byron to play with him. He's too good and versatile to be on the 4th line. Goes to the corner, 20 goal scorer, always gives his 100%, playmaking ability... i think they will mash very well.

I bet Byron-KK-Armia will be the third line on season opener

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
KK needs to be put in the right situation for the sake of his development. Third line minutes, sheltered against the big lines, find his place in the PP organigram.

He absolutely needs defensively responsible wingers to cover for his mistakes. Coachs need to accept those, they are good for him because that's the only way he will learn.

This year i want Byron to play with him. He's too good and versatile to be on the 4th line. Goes to the corner, 20 goal scorer, always gives his 100%, playmaking ability... i think they will mash very well.

Byron with KK, for the limited sample last year, not unlike KK with Drouin, was underwhelming at best.

I'd like to try KK between Tatar and Gallagher, at least in practice, to see where the kid is at to start this season.

Reactions: DAChampion

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

He...he doesn't really make that many defensive mistakes though. He's good in his own end.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Kotkaniemi is already better defensively than Byron.

Also Byron is a on-the-rush offensive player, Kotkaniemi likes to settle the play and cycle, they play nothing alike. Theres a reason why Byron doesn't have chemistry with anyone, hes a one-trick pony and I want him as far from the top 3 lines as as it can be, unless its to be with Danault.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I hate when people compare Kotkaniemi to Pettersson. Pettersson is 2 years older than Kotkaniemi. Pettersson’s 18-year-old season was in 2016-17. Kotkaniemi was way ahead of him at the same age. There’s no way Pettersson puts up 34 points in 2016-17.
I agree with this and at the same time he might also never be as good as Pettersson is now and they're completely different players.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Is KK training or is he still recovering from knee surgery? Dude needs to add strength in order to take the next step.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I hate when he’s compared to Pettersson too because Pettersson is miles more talented.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Claude Julien accepts your challenge.
Lol... if there is one thing I have complete faith in is Habs coaching stuff screwing up with a youngster's development. It is as guaranteed as taxes. Clod will go out of his way to be creative and make KK the best person he can possibly be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad