Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Koivu was awesome but that knee injury and cancer ruined what could have been.
This is a myth ; Koivu wasn't ruined by his knee injury . He just played over his head for 3 months , one single season. He has always started the season very strongly and after December he has always slowed down .

Reactions: BaseballCoach

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't see it. Pettersson just has better hockey IQ, skating, passing and shooting. That's all.
lol yup, Pettersson looks like he could be a special player- he just needs to stay healthy. KK on the other hand should be really good, but he's not gonna be a 100+ points guy like Pettersson can be.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This is a myth ; Koivu wasn't ruined by his knee injury . He just played over his head for 3 months , one single season. He has always started the season very strongly and after December he has always slowed down .
He had multiple knee injuries IIRC

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
I love KK and don't want to put a cap on his potential but Pettersson's probably borderline generational from the little I've seen. He's utterly ridiculous
He's not generational... that word is grossly overused in this day and age. He's an excellent young player.

Reactions: Gravity

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kotkaniemi has the physical aspect and the defensive game down though, also not sure Petterssons shot is better, at least, in a bubble its pretty comparable. Will he ever learn to get it off at an elite level though? Thats the question. Both should be 50 assists playmakers too.

I think theres a lot of Forsberg vs Sakic or something

Reactions: larrypacman8167

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's not generational... that word is grossly overused in this day and age. He's an excellent young player.

Plz dont use the word generational

first of all I said BORDERLINE and secondly I think he has the potential to be up there with the best of the best and possibly better. Could be wrong about how good he could be but my use of the term still stands.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I love KK, but He’s not
Kotkaniemi has the physical aspect and the defensive game down though, also not sure Petterssons shot is better, at least, in a bubble its pretty comparable. Will he ever learn to get it off at an elite level though? Thats the question. Both should be 50 assists playmakers too.

Who is Forsberg ?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

There's no doubt Pettersons shot is better imo. His slapshot is 100mph, he has a better release, he's deftly accurate and he's been a high scorer at all levels. All of his shots are high end.

lol yup, Pettersson looks like he could be a special player- he just needs to stay healthy. KK on the other hand should be really good, but he's not gonna be a 100+ points guy like Pettersson can be.

Pettersson is pretty unique as a player in play style. There's some Datsyuk in there, some Kucherov, but he's also a very accurate scorer. Canucks are real lucky to have him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There's no doubt Pettersons shot is better imo. His slapshot is 100mph, he has a better release, he's deftly accurate and he's been a high scorer at all levels. All of his shots are high end.

Pettersson is pretty unique as a player in play style. There's some Datsyuk in there, some Kucherov, but he's also a very accurate scorer. Canucks are real lucky to have him.
Yeah, his release is better, as Ive stated, the hope is that Kotkaniemi works hard on that.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah, his release is better, as Ive stated, the hope is that Kotkaniemi works hard on that.

Even if he did, Pettersson has surgical accuracy with his wrister and a 100 mph slap shot, which is crazy for a forward.

Kotka has a great snapshot and a good array of shots, but I think his goal numbers should be similar to Kopitars if he reaches potential, which is a great thing, just not elite.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I think petersson will effectively be top 5 or at least top 10 in points for most of his career if he stays healthy. Might win an art ross if mcdavid is injured or win a Hart trophy some day too. I see Kotkaniemi’s overall potential as a tier below that. His high end more on the Barkov/kopitar side

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Even if he did, Pettersson has surgical accuracy with his wrister and a 100 mph slap shot, which is crazy for a forward.

Kotka has a great snapshot and a good array of shots, but I think his goal numbers should be similar to Kopitars if he reaches potential, which is a great thing, just not elite.
40 goals vs 30? Yeah something like that,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->