Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
That would be pathetic and also monumentally stupid. Thank god even Bergevin isn't that dumb.

It's pretty obvious that their guys are Suzuki and Danault, KK doesn't have much of a path going forward.

So don't be surprised when it happen.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Why not? Assuming they can get what they want for him.

There is really no point hanging on to a guy your not willing to commit on.
We won't trade him. He's going to to be a good player and we could hardly find a 3C who's cheaper and better.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Great experience for this kid. Too hard to judge him when he's just not physically matured yet. Let alone rip apart his game every other post. It's as simple as that.

Kid could look like an absolute different player when he can start making space for himself. Just like Patches. He's ahead of him at the same age. Just remember that. Still found a way to score big goals.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I said Evans AND/OR TATAR for KK AND/OR ANDERSON...you didnt read that part because it seems like you care more about KK scoring an extra point rather than us winning games. Again, I'm not saying I would do it, but if we lose 2 more games and that line doesnt pick it up, either him and/or Anderson will need to get swapped out for someone, and it likely isnt Anderson.

Maybe we see if Gallagher can't get Anderson and KK going, and let Byron slide into a shutdown line with Lehkonen and Danault. I always like Byron-Danault-Lehkonen when they play together.

Reactions: CLW and mols47

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I still think he's the odd man out if Evans is ready to go next game. Not an easy decision though.

If you look at our leading scorers, the Suzuki line and the Staal line are our top 6 forward scorers in the playoffs.

I think we should try to get more offensive out of our other two lines, without sacrificing the defensive capabilities of the Danault line. I'd start by swapping Byron and Gallagher.

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Gallagher Kotkaniemi Anderson
Byron Danault Lehkonen (plays against opposition's top offensive line)
Armia Staal Perry

When Evans comes back, it's either KK or Byron, or less likely Andrson, that comes out. If KK can get it done with Gallagher, he stays in.
But being only 20, playing the center position against a team like Vegas in the stanley cup finals is a lot to ask.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
If you look at our leading scorers, the Suzuki line and the Staal line are our top 6 forward scorers in the playoffs.

I think we should try to get more offensive out of our other two lines, without sacrificing the defensive capabilities of the Danault line. I'd start by swapping Byron and Gallagher.

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Gallagher Kotkaniemi Anderson
Byron Danault Lehkonen (plays against opposition's top offensive line)
Armia Staal Perry

When Evans comes back, it's either KK or Byron, or less likely Andrson, that comes out. If KK can get it done with Gallagher, he stays in.
But being only 20, playing the center position against a team like Vegas in the stanley cup finals is a lot to ask.

I think it does not make a lot of sense to put Gallagher and Anderson on the same line, I don't see the synergies there. I think Byron is with Anderson because they are similar in a sense that they are players rushing but not really able to play the possession game, and KK is clearly the odd man out on this line.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
He going to be really intimidating if he gain some muscles during the off-season.
Lets see how long off-season he gets.
But jesh. He needs to get stronger and heavier. After that can really start showing.

Though it is quite possible Kotkaniemi had loads of that training in recular season. I think he seemed bit tired time to time.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Lets see how long off-season he gets.
But jesh. He needs to get stronger and heavier. After that can really start showing.

Though it is quite possible Kotkaniemi had loads of that training in recular season. I think he seemed bit tired time to time.

His skating always was his weak spot, when you take muscle, it impacts your way of skating, so it made the issue even worse. He must find his optimal body weight and then work on his skating only, then he'll find balance and he'll be able to play as best as he can.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Where would you like to see him traded and what would you like to see that the team gets in exchange for him?

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
KK and his teammates played the majority of their shifts against Stones-Kolesar-Pacioretty... They did just fine, they even managed to score a goal.
Of KK's 11 mins of 5v5 time, 5 mins were against that line. Looks like Vegas tried to exploit the 3rd line but it didn't work - KK had 70% xGF and more HDCF (per natural stat trick).

For comparison, Stone played 6min against Danault, 3min against Staal and 2min against Suzuki

The only players KK struggled against (stats-wise) was Vegas' 4th line (less than 1 min of ice-time) and against Pietrangelo/Martinez

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I've watched KK score some huge goals this playoffs, lay the body on a regular basis, I've seen multiple ex nhl players that are current analysts pick him out to praise on T.V. he is one of our leading goal scorers in the playoffs and assisted on the game winner last night. ........ and he's fcking 20 years old. So I check this thread...... and people want him taken out of the lineup and even TRADED? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad