Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think he has a nice niche with Drouin and Armia, and both of those guys are playing great. He already has 2 goals on the road this year when last year he had none. I actually expect a stronger second half since he was pretty gassed at the end of last year. I think he will get better with each game this season.

No need to pit our players against each other we actually have some good talented guys. As long as everyone contributes to the team winning thats all that matters.

Reactions: phillytennis

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
The meme-force is strong in this one:

AC313ADC-0898-4B33-A748-F5A440B1FD5F.jpeg

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm holding on to hope that at CJ at least is gone at the end of this year and he will have much more opportunity next year but I definitely understand your sentiments.
Nothing is going to magically change in KKs game, theyll wait for that and realize it wont happen. Hes never going to magically get it without development and thats what CJs hoping for. He wants a finished product and he looks to be a lock for at least the end of his contract. Might as well give him an actual finished product.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Honestly it was indeed a mistake to pick Kotkaniemi, Ive said something similar before the draft because I didnt trust them but it looks like I was right, again. Tkachuk wouldve been much easier to work with. Plug him on the wing and let him be a 50 points player for the next 15 years.

Reactions: Eye Test

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nothing is going to magically change in KKs game, theyll wait for that and realize it wont happen. Hes never going to magically get it without development and thats what CJs hoping for. He wants a finished product and he looks to be a lock for at least the end of his contract. Might as well give him an actual finished product.
I'll be physically ill if they trade KK for some average to garbage finished product to appease CJ.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll be physically ill if they trade KK for some average to garbage finished product to appease CJ.
Honestly its gonna happen. Hes such an antiquated coach.

At the draft table this year he looked displeased with the Caufield pick, Bergy tells him "C'tun goalscorer" and he doesnt look convinced at all. Then Timmins barges in and tells Clod "Dont worry, we'll get you some beef later Claude"

Disgusting.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

At the draft table this year he looked displeased with the Caufield pick, Bergy tells him "C'tun goalscorer" and he doesnt look convinced at all. Then Timmins barges in and tells Clod "Dont worry, we'll get you some beef later Claude"

Disgusting.
It is disgusting I despise antiquated coaching it needs to vanish from the sport completely.

Last edited:

Brownies

Honestly it was indeed a mistake to pick Kotkaniemi, Ive said something similar before the draft because I didnt trust them but it looks like I was right, again. Tkachuk wouldve been much easier to work with. Plug him on the wing and let him be a 50 points player for the next 15 years.
I think Kotkaniemi ends up the better player, but your opinion is valid. We’ll see.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

Disgusting.
Dude, what the f***? This actually happened?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Disgusting.
To be fair , Caufield is tiny and we're already a small team. He's certainly a hail Mary pick

Claude still sucks though.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Yes.

CJ: Keep doing a good job tomorrow, I will be checking you out
TT: I will get you some beef
CJ: (laugh) Hey if you got me a goal scorer I can accept that. But he better score goals.

And then Timmins goes on describing CC to a clearly unconvinced CJ

It's obviously normal for CJ to be keeping tabs during the draft, but I just hope Timmins isn't prioritizing size because those are CJ's wishes.

To be fair , Caufield is tiny and we're already a small team. He's certainly a hail Mary pick

Claude still sucks though.

With the way the NHL is going right now size is an outdated, horrible way to build a team. They can't hit you if you've already skated by them or passed the puck. Most of the elite teams right now are built off of speed and skill on pretty much every single line. I honestly don't care if all of our players are 4'11'' if they end up scoring a plethora of goals.

Reactions: habsfan891

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
It's obviously normal for CJ to be keeping tabs during the draft, but I just hope Timmins isn't prioritizing size because those are CJ's wishes.

With the way the NHL is going right now size is an outdated, horrible way to build a team. They can't hit you if you've already skated by them or passed the puck. Most of the elite teams right now are built off of speed and skill on pretty much every single line. I honestly don't care if all of our players are 4'11'' if they end up scoring a plethora of goals.
Idk about that. You don't need to be big but you do need balance. Their are some things that are just easier when you're a big dude like battling in the corners and protecting the puck. Have Caufield and Armia retrieve the puck in the corner and Armia will win that 99 times out of 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad