Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just want to provide some context for the tin foil hat, sky is falling, conspiracy infants..........Kotkaniemi is the 4th youngest player in the league. Expect baby steps from babies and don't blame the parents if he isn't sprinting yet...........he will get there when he gets there.
And yet the three youngest players in the NHL are actually playing more than him :laugh:

Woosh

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
the truth ??

So you're not talking with this (false) preconcieved notion that "waiting is developping" or "he'll get there eventually" or anything like that, you're just speaking because you know the truth. YEAH that must be it! you know the truth!

what a ****ing waste of time :facepalm::facepalm:

(dont forget to post that he's young next time you atlk about it)

bye.
Estimated Prophet, the name says it all. Dude thinks hes the second coming or something.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
the truth ??

So you're not talking with this (false) preconcieved notion that "waiting is developping" or "he'll get there eventually" or anything like that, you're just speaking because you know the truth. YEAH that must be it! you know the truth!

what a ****ing waste of time :facepalm::facepalm:

(dont forget to post that he's young next time you atlk about it)

bye.

The truth happens to be that he is the 4th youngest player in the league and that he has been given more icetime than nearly the entire draft class before him. You clearly are not interested in the truth and are happy to continue moving the goal posts. You entered a chess match but were only familiar with checkers.

You were just put in checkmate then ran away claiming victory.......almost Trumpian level behaviour.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The truth happens to be that he is the 4th youngest player in the league and that he has been given more icetime than nearly the entire draft class before him. You clearly are not interested in the truth and are happy to continue moving the goal posts. You entered a chess match but were only familiar with checkers.

You were just put in checkmate then ran away claiming victory.......almost Trumpian level behaviour.

started by saying "well he's among the youngest", but now that I countered that stupid argument you're all "see he has experience props to the Org."

so basically, no matter what is being said, you will twist it and credit the org.

Nice to know other people are biased but you're speaking the truth.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

At least Trump kinda knows how to maximize his assets' value.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

Concerning the bold, are you comparing his average rookie TOI last year to the rookies who were drafted the year before him (2017 class)? If so, well that's a good thing for his rookie year, but now we're talking about the sophomore year. I don't think I would be unfair to criticize the fact that a far weaker player, Jordan Weal, is prioritized over KK on the powerplay. It would only be logical as a coach to follow-up on a strong rookie year with an increase in opportunities in order to fully develop a young player. Him receiving time on the powerplay only helps him and gives him a chance to improve his creativity. I don't think what we're doing right now is helping his long-term growth.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
started by saying "well he's among the youngest", but now that I countered that stupid argument you're all "see he has experience props to the Org."

so basically, no matter what is being said, you will twist it and credit the org.

Nice to know other people are biased but you're speaking the truth.

If you can't see how hypocritical and self defeating your response is then there is little hope of a rational discusssion taking place here.

1. Please explain how the statement of KK being the 4th youngest player in the league is untrue?
Now that you have failed to disprove that statement, it can be agreed upon as truth.

2. Explain how the statement that KK has had more ice time than the vast majority of 2017 draftees is untrue?
Now that you have failed to disprove this statement, it can be agreed upon as truth.

3. Explain how the previous two statements are mutually exclusive?
You can't........Both statements are objectively true and do not require alternate theories to be true. No twisting of the facts is necessary on my part to justify my position.

Your final sentence is your first flirtation with the truth.

Reactions: habdynasty

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If you can't see how hypocritical and self defeating your response is then there is little hope of a rational discusssion taking place here.

1. Please explain how the statement of KK being the 4th youngest player in the league is untrue?
Now that you have failed to disprove that statement, it can be agreed upon as truth.

2. Explain how the statement that KK has had more ice time than the vast majority of 2017 draftees is untrue?
Now that you have failed to disprove this statement, it can be agreed upon as truth.

3. Explain how the previous two statements are mutually exclusive?
You can't........Both statements are objectively true and do not require alternate theories to be true. No twisting of the facts is necessary on my part to justify my position.

Your final sentence is your first flirtation with the truth.
Sorry forgot you are THE unbiased poster here.

Every other poster is but you.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Sorry forgot you are THE unbiased poster here.

Every other poster is but you.

Typical.....you don't address the content but make a pointless claim. My claim is purely objective and you have yet to point out any errors in my statement. Just like Trump you prefer to deflect from the conversation and try and disguise your lack of a coherent objection with useless rhetoric.

Reactions: habdynasty

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Typical.....you don't address the content but make a pointless claim. My claim is purely objective and you have yet to point out ant errors in my statement. Just like Trump you prefer to deflect from the conversation and try and disguise your lack of a coherent objection with useless rhetoric.
What content ?

You dont see the difference between your "hes really young" comment and my " experience" comment. Once you do Ill Brother.

Keep being unbias :laugh::laugh:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
By claiming Bankrupty?

giphy.gif

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Played like a man. Let him doing his stuff alone. I give him a KK+ on playmaking. Doesn’t usually disappoint when we trust this hockey player at its true value. Let’s be fair with Kotkaniemi and let him growing up correctly.

Reactions: Redux91

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Just for fun, I was reading the Tkachuk thread over in Ottawa, a player about 1 year older than KK, and while fans love the guy, some complained he looked like he had weak lower body strength and fell down too much. One said that no other kid falls down as much (we know this isn't true). There are comments about his average puck skills, bad skating, even average shooting skills.

My own viewings paint a picture of a smart kid who's pretty bad without the puck, though exceptional around the net...
But he's 20 and expectations are realistic for a player his age over there. If you're comparing his all around game to a 10 year vet he'll look brutal, but his qualities and production as a 19 year old are significant reasons to be excited.

Well, this is KK in a nutshell. He skates well for one period until he's gassed and then looks slow. That's because he's still weak, not conditioned and hasn't learned how to efficiently manage his energy to the NHL game yet. He has spurts where he looks focused and significantly better without the puck than you say pretty much any 19 year old save the odd Bergeron or Toews, but shows it inconsistently. He falls down too much. Normal happenings for a 19 year old and for anywhere outside the Canadian markets.

His line also plays mostly in the offensive zone, he has a marvelous sense of finding passing lanes and his stick skills are great. He hasnt shown it enough but his shot is both accurate and powerful. He's combative. Really, what he needs is an organization willing to let him grow without stifling his offense by playing him 10 minutes or as a fourth line winger any time he makes a mistake. Those mistakes are not his fault at this point, theyre the guy's fault who decided to rush him on a roster with a coach who doesnt allow them.
Very good description of his talents.
But he will play where he deserves to play. People think it's punishment for a 19 year old kid to have limited minutes and/or play on the fourth line. If he was McDavid it might be different but he's not.
He'll progress up the lines and increase his minutes as his body and mind mature.
He's just fine as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad